Author Topic: I'm watching old Jerry Lewis shows from the late 1950's  (Read 566 times)

zxcvbob

• friend
I'm watching old Jerry Lewis shows from the late 1950's
« on: January 02, 2019, 10:26:51 PM »
Not sure if they are on Amazon Prime or Netflix.  The comedy bits are mostly stupid with an occasional clever joke thrown in.  But the most of the song and dance numbers are awesome.  Jerry was actually a quite talented dancer; I had no idea.  He was also a writer and director for the shows. (I knew he and Sammy Davis Jr. were both quick-draw gun twirlers, but they haven't shown any of that)

It's also a little strange watching an hour program that actually has 51 or 52 minutes of content and less than 10 minutes of commercials.  My attention span isn't that long anymore.

I also didn't know he was hawking for the Muscular Dystrophy Association that far back.
"It's good, though..."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: I'm watching old Jerry Lewis shows from the late 1950's
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 11:18:56 PM »
It's also a little strange watching an hour program that actually has 51 or 52 minutes of content and less than 10 minutes of commercials.  My attention span isn't that long anymore.
That's funny.

You might try going to OTA (Over-The-Air) programming.  You might be surprised what good stuff MeTV, "ANTENNA TV," LAFF, and a slew of other channels have --including up-to-the-minute broadcasting from the regular "modern" channels.

It doesn't take much to set it up (a hunk of wire stuck in the antenna jack (you can get a better antenna than just a hunk of wire, though.), resetting the system's inputs, rescanning your channels, and looking up OTA programming in your area.  Starting now, as you read this, it should take you less than twenty minutes to get it going on a quick-and dirty basis.  Near a city, youll be amazed at what's available.  Some of it is new, a lot of it is old stuff like the Jerry Lewis show.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 11:32:02 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: I'm watching old Jerry Lewis shows from the late 1950's
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 01:12:33 AM »
I didn't know you were French ??

=D =D

But yes, most actors from back then were singers, musicians, dancers, as well as actors and comedians.  It really amazing how truly versatile and talented they were compared the hacks we have today.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.