Author Topic: Gun Control Watch  (Read 40396 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Gun Control Watch
« Reply #575 on: May 21, 2024, 10:11:01 AM »
Is there concrete evidence that cartels are even regularly using .50s anywhere on the North American continent, or were there just a couple of incidents somewhere? Or none at all?

Not that it should have anything to do with gun laws in the US. I'm just wondering how they are coming up with the .50/cartels bogeyman.

Good question. Finding a definitive answer to that without all the smoke and mirrors thrown up by the gun ban lobby getting in the way is going to be tough though
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #576 on: May 21, 2024, 10:41:29 AM »
Can't spend any time digging into that right now but speaking of smoke and mirrors within a few seconds came with sites with lists of crimes being committed in the US with 50 cals. A quick scan showed most if not all were incidences were where someone committing a crime also happened to own/process a 50 cal. So yeah, they counting those incidences as a crime committed with a 50cal. There weren't many such incidences but smoke and mirrors indeed.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2024, 12:25:24 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #577 on: May 21, 2024, 11:09:18 AM »
If someone really wanted to stop arming cartels, maybe they should start with eliminating the people who intentionally arm them, like the ATF.

But that's none of my business.