Author Topic: NJ gun blogger, fails politness test-gets prison time for his writing  (Read 1292 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
he may be armed, but he wasn't very polite.
http://www.latimes.com/technology/sns-ap-us-blogger-threats,0,107306.story

the lesson here kids is, politeness is a virtue!
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
Re: NJ gun blogger, fails politness test-gets prison time for his writing
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 01:29:47 AM »
So calling for the extermination of white people as a whole is first amendment, and declaring some judges must die is a death threat. Got it.

Now, not saying this guy isn't, what's a suitable word... Tactless? Impudent? Moron? It'd just be nice if the double standard wasn't quite so blatant all the time.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 01:46:25 AM »
The language is certainly strong, but I don't see how it constitutes a death threat.  ???
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 07:51:31 AM »
Agreed that the words do not seem a death threat.

I'm perfuddled that they got a conviction in Brooklyn.  Would have thought that de bums dat live dere would have less sympathy for judges.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 10:14:13 AM »
Agreed that the words do not seem a death threat.

I'm perfuddled that they got a conviction in Brooklyn.  Would have thought that de bums dat live dere would have less sympathy for judges.

stay safe.
They had to try 3 times to get a conviction.

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 11:21:26 AM »
http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/12/21/2010-12-21_internet_radio_shock_jock_hal_turner_sentenced_to_prison_for_threatening_judges.html

evidently, he provided photo's of the judges and courthouse where they worked, and a map to the courthouse.  he used to work for the FBI as an "agent provocateur"?  if true, it sounds like he was still playing their game.
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2010, 01:37:32 PM »
Hal Turner .... didn't he cause enough ruckus when he wrote his diaries?   [tinfoil] :O ;/ :facepalm: :facepalm: >:D
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2010, 02:27:05 PM »
http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/12/21/2010-12-21_internet_radio_shock_jock_hal_turner_sentenced_to_prison_for_threatening_judges.html

evidently, he provided photo's of the judges and courthouse where they worked, and a map to the courthouse.  he used to work for the FBI as an "agent provocateur"?  if true, it sounds like he was still playing their game.

what?  they forgot to mention the pics and maps when he was whining poor me?  what an upright honest honorable guy  we should all rally to his side! :facepalm:
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I