Author Topic: Whats with all the American Indian names??  (Read 3087 times)

Bigjake

• friend
Whats with all the American Indian names??
« on: January 28, 2008, 11:30:03 AM »
We have a Tecumseh, Geronimo2 and now a Geronimo45.  They all spout similar nonsense, mostly Paulian.

My question is, are you all related or something?  Or is this just a case of Internet Sybil* using long dead, militant American Indian monikers??

Whats the deal?  Curiosity has finally gotten the best of me.

*Sybil, the main character of that horrendous Sally Field flick where the chick has 16 different personality's.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Re: Whats with all the American Indian names??
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 11:38:34 AM »
I've noticed more than a few pseudonyms which appear to have originated in an electrified counterculture yurt somewhere...

Maybe they think we're too stupid to "get" it, since we are, after all, a bunch of dumb redneck gun owners...

Blog under construction

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 12:00:24 PM »
Hey, I'm part Cherokee, and I don't know a single word of the language.  cheesy

I do know that faux Native American stuff made in China seems to sell well to white-guilt sorts, though.

wooderson

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 12:09:33 PM »
Yes, because no one buys 'Indian' stuff because they find it interesting, or because they're one of the 80% of Americans who claim to be 1/8 Cherokee, or just like the look, or because it's like all the other tick-tack tourist crap they buy... has to be an expression of their horrible, horrible guilt at the 16th-19th century.

Do you live in constant suspicion of lib'rul bogeymen?
"The famously genial grin turned into a rictus of senile fury: I was looking at a cruel and stupid lizard."

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 12:15:49 PM »
We have a Tecumseh, Geronimo2 and now a Geronimo45.  They all spout similar nonsense, mostly Paulian.

I do know that faux Native American stuff made in China seems to sell well to white-guilt sorts, though.

Problem is: Paulians don't subscribe to "white-guilt."  Paulians tend to be Rand-oriented Objectivists and reject the idea that they have to bear anyone's guilt but their own.  I don't know any of the 3 listed monickers or remember any theme to their posts, but it seems a bit silly to throw the Paulian label at them if they supposedly subscribe to the white-guilt mentality.

Says AZRedhawk44, whose monicker comes from his state of residence, favorite firearm and caliber and has nothing to do with red-tailed hawks of New Mexico nor the top speed of a pinto hatchback.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 12:19:48 PM »
I must be one of the 20% who isn't part Cherokee.  Cheesy

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 12:25:41 PM »
Yes, because no one buys 'Indian' stuff because they find it interesting, or because they're one of the 80% of Americans who claim to be 1/8 Cherokee, or just like the look, or because it's like all the other tick-tack tourist crap they buy... has to be an expression of their horrible, horrible guilt at the 16th-19th century.

Man, you do run in front of the target and scream persecution, don't you...

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2008, 01:04:30 PM »
I've noticed more than a few pseudonyms which appear to have originated in an electrified counterculture yurt somewhere...

Maybe they think we're too stupid to "get" it, since we are, after all, a bunch of dumb redneck gun owners...

Electrified Yurt.  Lmao!  You're pry right, we are looked at as knuckledraggers.

I don't know any of the 3 listed monickers or remember any theme to their posts, but it seems a bit silly to throw the Paulian label at them if they supposedly subscribe to the white-guilt mentality.

White guilt thing aside, you must not hang out here much if you've missed the spittle filled "I'm voting Dr. Paul so there!" inserted into nearly every post in the politics side, from the 3 names Ive posted....

From the guy whose nickname is Jake, and is big.

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2008, 01:07:43 PM »

No kidding.

wooderson

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2008, 01:14:31 PM »
I thought I was screaming something that rhymes with 'B' (think periodic table).
"The famously genial grin turned into a rictus of senile fury: I was looking at a cruel and stupid lizard."

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2008, 01:31:46 PM »
We have a Tecumseh, Geronimo2 and now a Geronimo45.  They all spout similar nonsense, mostly Paulian.

Problem is: Paulians don't subscribe to "white-guilt."  Paulians tend to be Rand-oriented Objectivists and reject the idea that they have to bear anyone's guilt but their own.  I don't know any of the 3 listed monickers or remember any theme to their posts, but it seems a bit silly to throw the Paulian label at them if they supposedly subscribe to the white-guilt mentality.

Well, you took 2 separate lines, from 2 separate posts, from 2 separate posters and came up with "Paulians subscribing to white guilt". What is that, new math? grin

Says AZRedhawk44, whose monicker comes from his state of residence, favorite firearm and caliber and has nothing to do with red-tailed hawks of New Mexico nor the top speed of a pinto hatchback.

Kinda figured that was what it meant since I never thought it had anything to do with injuns and I've never heard of a 44 caliber bird. angel
I don't think anyone singled you out so you don't need to apologize for your name. cheesy

No kidding.

I'm surprised he didn't start an argument about the definition of the word "Indian", but then, the thread is young.
Yes wood, I saw the apostrophes

Posted by a guy who goes by Sergeant Bob, cuz his name is Bob, and he's a retired Master Sergeant.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2008, 01:33:22 PM »

Not in this thread.  I don't recall him doing that anywhere else, either, but I wouldn't swear to it. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2008, 01:37:58 PM »
I have used it on quite a few gunboards.  Glocktalk (which I am no longer a member of Wink), 1911forum, THR, Sigforum, and here at APS. 

I enjoyed learning about Tecumseh and that is essentially why I chose the name.  I got the name from watching a documentary on Tecumseh that was aired on the history channel sometime ago.  I know it is the name of a lawnmower engine manufacturer but I dont endorse their products.  I still catch flack on it occasion but I am an adult so I can let it go.

I am going to plead guilty to being a Ron Paul supporter.  I will not deny it. 

Nor am I related or in contact with Geronimo45 or Geronimo2.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2008, 01:39:17 PM »
I am an adult

Define adult...    undecided
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2008, 01:39:54 PM »

I am the lib'rul bogeyman. Wink

I am not American indian but I do have some native American blood.  I am part Mestizo so I have some blood from La Raza in me. Wink

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2008, 01:42:26 PM »
I am an adult

Define adult...    undecided
Thats a tough one.  How about...

Someone more mature than you. Wink

Seriously though, I am old enough to pick up the little freshman college girls every weekend but not old enough that I am thinking about a family or settling down.

BridgeWalker

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2008, 01:46:43 PM »
I'm only 1/16 Cherokee, but if you look at the math of descendancy it all works out.  A surprising number of people are descended from royalty too--toss a couple generations in there, get to the point where there's 128 ancestors and you're almost bound to find some interesting ones.

And American Indians are not, contrary to popular opinion, dying out.  There have been huge waves of death, but now they're assimilating out of existence.  Change happens.  You want to see what happened to the indians? Look around.

And I voted for Paul in the MI primary and talked several associates into doing the same.  I'm anti-Rand.
Very anti-Rand.

Also, I've been on hold for 88 minutes and, at last check, 45 seconds, so I have nothing useful to contribute.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2008, 01:50:17 PM »
This thread has every indication of going nowhere fast.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."