Author Topic: What's Your Story?  (Read 10407 times)

JonnyB

• friend
Re: What's Your Story?
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2009, 09:24:44 AM »
First name = Jon.

Last name begins with B.

My imagination knows no bounds! I'm known as Jon B. on at least one forum.

jb
Jon has a long mustache. No, really; he does. Look at that thing!

Sawdust

• friend
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2009, 10:37:22 AM »
One of my hobbies is woodorking.

That is, making firewood from very expensive hardwood.

Sawdust
Retain what's coming in; send off what is retreating.

Well, you going to pull those pistols boy,
or just whistle Dixie?

I'm your huckleberry.

jackdanson

• friend
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2009, 11:00:02 AM »
jackdanson is a play on my real name... just rearrange the letters.  I used to be paranoid about using my real name, or something that implies my real name, but I don't really have anything to hide and I don't post anything on here that I wouldn't say in real life.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2009, 11:42:25 AM »
Two Cold Soakers

Yoosta come home wet to the crotch...

Coulda stopped right there and had a great explanation.  =D
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Uncle Bubba

• friend
  • Billy Fish
« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2009, 12:53:04 PM »

My sister is fourteen months older than me. When I was first brought home she couldn't say "brother" properly and Bubba is what she and my mother have called me all my life. When Big Sister had her first child in 1989 and I went to see them at the hospital she said to her newborn daughter, "Your Uncle Bubba is here to see you." I didn't know she was going to have her children (she had a son in '98) call me that and it tickled me immensely. I started using it as an Interweb handle when I first got online in 2000 and have stuck with it ever since.

It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat *expletive deleted*it and die. Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Quote from: Fly320s
But, generally speaking, people are idiots outside their own personal sphere.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2009, 05:00:59 PM »
Seeker, you were on Sixgunner?  Was that before or after it changed to a multiple forum board?  I was pretty active there when it was one forum, but lost interest when it was redesigned into a more modern forum.

Chris

I was there for the old board....reply links & text & all....that was the very first bulletin board I ever joined. I stayed with the modern forum for awhile, but drifted off to TFL and later THR as my interests changed....now, I'm more interested in the sixgunner side of shooting than I was when I started.....

Have you been to the "resurrected" Sixgunner board? And, if so, DOES JOHN TAFFIN STILL POST IN ALL CAPS?....  :lol:
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2009, 05:31:38 PM »
Which resurrected one?  There was the replacement for the one we both knew, it is now gone.  www.singleactions.com is the closest thing to a replacement.  And yes, JT still replies IN ALL CAPS. :D

Chris

freedom lover

• resident high school student
  • "Who is the Coon?"
« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2009, 05:41:11 PM »
I got banned from THR when I was 14 for posting stupid crap. My former screename was similar. That's were I got the idea to change it to Freedom Lover when I joined up here around 9 months ago. I like to think I am more wise now. I'll be 18 next saturday.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2009, 05:53:37 PM »
Which resurrected one?  There was the replacement for the one we both knew, it is now gone.  www.singleactions.com is the closest thing to a replacement.  And yes, JT still replies IN ALL CAPS. :D

Chris

That's the one....I've posted one there once or twice, but I don't go there alot....spend too much time here...  =D
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

wingnutx

• friend
  • Danish Cartoonist
    • http://www.punk-rock.com
« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2009, 06:10:49 PM »
Everyone was fistful something or other at one time in the distant past. I'd seen a film/picture of Telly Savalas, so I decided to do put the two together.
The old moniker is Geronimo45,

So where is the original Fistful? Sorry, haven't been on here enough to keep track.

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2009, 06:28:01 PM »
So where is the original Fistful? Sorry, haven't been on here enough to keep track.

The original fistful is still here. Look in one of the computer threads we've had recently.
Andy