Author Topic: Whatcha got goin' on this weekend?  (Read 1670 times)

Nightfall

• friend
Whatcha got goin' on this weekend?
« on: May 24, 2009, 01:12:15 PM »
So what're ya doin' this three day weekend? There's the obvious part of remembering those who have sacrificed for us.  People generally have something else going on though. Cookouts? Games? Shootin'?

Me? I'm researching and writing a paper which is due Tues, and for which I finally got all the info to start on Friday. Then I'm writing another paper for a different class. But it's not all toil and hardship, I also have math studying and homework to do. Woo! Thinking about going back to work full-time so I have more free time again.  =D

Seriously though, who's got the best weekend planned? Let me live vicariously. Anybody who finds a bottle or two of Shiner Bock at their cookout best drop 'em in the mail for me.  :laugh:
It is difficult if not impossible to reason a person out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - 230RN

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Whatcha got goin' on this weekend?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 01:21:27 PM »
I'm attending a wedding for one of my wife's friends for whom she is a bridesmaid.

As a result, I'm sitting here at her parents house, checking my email and APS because she and all the other bridesmaids started their preparations for the wedding at 10am this morning.

The wedding is at 5:30.

I have a lot of free time right now.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 02:43:18 PM »
Yard work....lots and lots of yard work....  =|
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

eyebrows

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 02:57:30 PM »
This morning I made $81 dollars in my front yard parking cars for the Indy 500.
In a little bit I'll work on the old lady's car and then till up a plot for strawberrys... maybe.

Tomorrow morning I'm taking the boat out and going fishing for the first time this year.  =D

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 03:09:02 PM »
Work going on yesterday and today. Nice weekend, though, all the med students are gone for the summer.
Makes for a nice, leisurely pace. Trying to conquer Arulco (Jagged Alliance 2) between calls. :cool:

Tomorrow morning I'm hitting the lake and wetting a line or two. Will be thinking about Grandad and others tomorrow, as well.
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 03:17:27 PM »
CMP match on Saturday, and then we went to gun stores,art fair, sushi and then we saw robots and machine guns (new Terminator flick).

Sunday I had to clear the desk and then work at work (including cleaning guns for Monday).

Monday we are going up north where my friend from Chicago bought a country place in the woods and build a new house, new ponds, and used the sand to build an enormous berm and shoothouse. 

At least I'm never bored. =D
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 08:50:45 PM »
Going to a couple of cookouts and parades with my girlfriend.
Andy

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2009, 09:19:34 PM »
400 mile round trip bike ride to a gun show on Saturday. Today I helped my dad get his trailer ready to go, they leave tomorrow. Monday I'll probably sleep in, then work on a friends bike and maybe mow the lawn. A trip to the rifle range might be in order too.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

grampster

• friend
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2009, 10:08:54 PM »
Thinking and reflecting upon those who have given much, even their all, and continue to do so, while allowing us to mow lawns, relax, have a beer, each Q, enjoy our waters, woods and prairies and just embrace our freedom.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

digitalandanalog

• friend
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2009, 10:50:01 PM »
One really crappy birthday that I never saw coming (the crappy part) followed by having to go to work on Sunday (because I would have felt better if I could tied one on and slept in the next day). And I begged for Sunday too. Anyone who thinks they have a crappy boss should thank god this dude is not calling the shots where they work.

This dude is a Dilbert comic strip in a really twisted reality that will leave mental scars. And that is putting it nicely. I will hate him until I die.

God, this weekend really sucked.

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2009, 11:04:32 PM »
Grandma's funeral today.  Going to visit an aunt tomorrow.  Seeing parents, cousins, extended family.  Finding out which of my cousin's wives have gone utterly nuts since having a child.  :rolleyes:  That child is going to be a terror, though she's adorable now.  His brother's kid is wonderful; the kids are about 4 months apart.  It's good to see everyone.  My brother's in-laws live here too, and came to the funeral, which was very nice.

Of course, since it's a Jewish funeral, I am required to report that the food is good.   :laugh:
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

digitalandanalog

• friend
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2009, 11:07:48 PM »
Of course, since it's a Jewish funeral, I am required to report that the food is good.   laugh

I love Jewish food. Too bad there aren't any good Jewish delis in Northwest Arkansas.

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2009, 11:32:27 PM »
Yeah, where you're at, a kosher restaurant is one that doesn't sell pigs' knuckles.   :laugh:
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2009, 03:10:42 PM »
Went to the outer banks of NC on Friday and Saturday. Camped on the island of Rodanthe.  Spent all day Saturday on the beach.  Checked out a couple of light houses and came back yesterday eve. 

Today we paid our respects to those who have served and gone before us.  After that it was breakfast at Bob Evans and some yardwork.  Now I'm bout to take the canoe for a stroll down the Patomac. 

digitalandanalog

• friend
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2009, 03:24:41 PM »
Yeah, where you're at, a kosher restaurant is one that doesn't sell pigs' knuckles.

Stop. I SO want some kosher food now.