Author Topic: What's your Dating Persona?  (Read 2514 times)

Preacherman

What's your Dating Persona?
« on: January 08, 2007, 08:40:06 AM »
See http://www.okcupid.com/online.dating.persona.test to find out!

My results:

The Slow Dancer
Deliberate Gentle Love Dreamer (DGLDm)

Steady, reliable, and cradling her tenderly. Take a deep breath, and let it out real easy...you are The Slow Dancer.

Your focus is love, not sex, and for your age, you have average experience. But you're a great, thoughtful guy, and your love life improves every year. There's also a powerful elimination process working in your favor: most Playboy types get stuck raising unwanted kids before you even begin settling down. The women left over will be hot and yours. Your ideal woman is someone intimate, intelligent, and very supportive.

While you're not exactly the life of the party, you do thrive in small groups of smart people. Your circle of friends is extra tight and it's HIGHLY likely they're just like you. You appreciate symmetry in relationships.

Your exact opposite:  The Hornivore

ALWAYS AVOID: The Battleaxe

CONSIDER: The Maid of Honor or The Sonnet
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional!

Please visit my blog: http://bayourenaissanceman.blogspot.com/

Twycross

• friend
Re: What's your Dating Persona?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 09:39:44 AM »
Another DGLDm here. I've been on there for a while, they have quite a few interesting personality tests.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 09:44:54 AM »
You are: The Backrubber (DGSDm)

Always Avoid: The Peach

Consider: The Playstation
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 11:14:10 AM »
I got the same as Preacherman, but I think the test is kinda fixed if you have religious convictions.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

crt360

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 11:58:22 AM »
I'm also the same as PM.

On avoiding the "Battleaxe," what exactly is their definition?  I'm picturing Aunt Esther from Sanford & Son.
For entertainment purposes only.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007, 12:19:16 PM »
Interesting -- I also got the same as Preacherman.

They forgot to include "remorseless Harridan" as a type to avoid, which I failed to do in a relationship that recently ended.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2007, 12:33:39 PM »
This is me....  I think its funny.

The Loverboy
Random Gentle Love Master (RGLMm)

Well-liked. Well-established. You are The Loverboy. Loverboys thrive in committed, steady relationships--as opposed to, say, Playboys, who want sex without too much attachment.

You've had many relationships and nearly all of them have been successful. You're a nice guy, you know the ropes, and even if you can be a little hasty with decisions, most girls think of you as a total catch. Your hastiness comes off as spontaneity most of the time anyhow, making you especially popular in your circle of friends, too.

You know not to make the typical Loverboy mistake of choosing someone who appreciates your good humor and popularity, but who offers nothing in return. You belong with someone outgoing, independent, and creative. Otherwise, you'll get bored. And then instead of surprising her with flowers or a practical joke, you'll surprise her by leaving.

Your exact opposite: The Billy Goat

ALWAYS AVOID: The Nymph

CONSIDER: The Window Shopper, The Peach
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

TMM

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2007, 01:01:26 PM »
they got it RIGHT on. pretty much no variation... pretty cool how that works.

The Backrubber
Deliberate Gentle Sex Dreamer (DGSDm)

Lusty but indirect. Kind, but also using friendship as a means to sex. Oh, that feels gooood. You are The Backrubber.

We call you "The Backrubber" because you straddle that fine line between coming on to someone and just treating her nicely. Backrubs are just one example; you'd meet for coffee, or talk about books/movies, or even argue a little bit, all the while mostly preferring to screw.

Your indirect approach is not some evil trickery, but rather a result of your open mind. You'd enjoy either love or sex, but the latter definitely doesn't require the former. While you are responsible and ambitious, you absolutely DON'T have uptight views on relationships. So ultimately, you just enjoy a woman, and let things take their course. If she wants you, great. If not, that's fine too.

Though you're not thinking too much about Love at this point in your life, odds are, when the time comes, you'll be very happy settling down. Your ideal mate is gentle and horny, just like you.

ALWAYS AVOID: The Peach

CONSIDER: The Playstation

Lee

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2007, 01:25:32 PM »
Ouch!

The False Messiah
Deliberate Brutal Love Master (DBLMm)

zahc

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2007, 05:14:07 PM »
Same as PM.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

DJJ

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2007, 05:38:18 PM »
I'm a billy goat. I didn't know they could detect smell online.  laugh

Nightfall

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2007, 06:33:55 PM »
Same as Preacherman here.
It is difficult if not impossible to reason a person out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - 230RN

Fjolnirsson

• friends
  • The Anti-Claus
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2007, 06:48:16 PM »

Your results are in!

The Gentleman
Deliberate Gentle Love Master (DGLMm)

Steady & mature. You are The Gentleman.

For anyone looking for an even-keeled, considerate lover, you're their man. You're sophisticated. You know what you want both in a relationship and outside of it. You have a substantial romantic side, and you're experienced enough sexually to handle yourself in that arena, too. Your future relationships will be long-lasting; you're classic "marrying material," a prize in the eyes of many.

It's possible that behind it all, you're a bit of a male slut. Your best friends know that in relationships you're fundamentally sex-driven. You're a safe, reliable guy, who does get laid. In a lot of ways, you're like a well-worn, comfortable pair of socks. Did you ever jack off into one of those? All the time.

Your exact opposite:
The Last Man on Earth

Random Brutal Sex Dreamer
    Your ideal mate is NOT a nut-job. She is giving and loving, like you, but also experienced. Avoid the The Battleaxe at all *expletive deleted*ing costs.

CONSIDER: The Maid of Honor, someone just like you.
Hi.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2007, 01:20:12 AM »
The Vapor Trail
Random Brutal Love Master (RBLMm)
Deliberate Gentle Sex Dreamer

Here today, gone today. You are The Vapor Trail. Are you in a relationship now?

What about now?

Vapor Trails can be highly charismatic people--unpredictable, confident, and magnetic. You're experienced. You know how to handle yourself in a relationship, and many people appreciate that. Many people, all in a row.

You've had your share of blissful beginnings, to be sure. But things almost never turn out how you'd like, do they? The problem is you're never happy with someone for an extended period of time. Relate to the following:

Your exact opposite:
The Backrubber

Vapor Trails especially need a girl who will laugh at their jokes. They're also the most likely male type to be haunted by serious regret.

FACT: A few of your exes, the ones you were best to, will always love you. Nice going.

ALWAYS AVOID: The Intern, The Maid of Honor

CONSIDER: The Sudden Departure 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

DrAmazon

• friend
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2007, 06:11:55 AM »
The Battleaxe
Deliberate Brutal Love Master (DBLMf)

Sharp. Hardened. Dominating. The Battleaxe sweeps all before her, smiting and what not.

You've had a number of serious relationships, so you obviously have many attractive qualities. You're well experienced in dealing with other people's weirdnesses, and it's likely you're good in bed by now, too. Also, like the drunken housewife chucking Heinekens at her no-good husband, you've got a lot of energy.

People can tell you're sophisticated, and so you find yourself the object of infatuations quite often. But it's how you handle yourself in your relationships that gets you the 'brutal' tag. Controlling? Imperious? Overbearing? Yes, please.

Your exact opposite:
The Nurse

Remarkably, you don't mind the same from your men. You've experience enough to take whatever you dish out. Overall, you're a very good person and a capable lover, and when the time comes you'll make a fine divorcee.

ALWAYS AVOID: The Poolboy

CONSIDER: The False Messiah, someone just like you.
Experiment with a chemist!

crt360

• friend
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2007, 07:10:51 AM »
DrAmazon, sorry about the Aunt Esther thing.  Please don't hurt me.  laugh
For entertainment purposes only.

DrAmazon

• friend
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2007, 09:58:29 AM »
I agree with most of it, except for the "controlling, imperious, overbearing" part.

I won't hurt you, unless you're within reach of a chucked Yuengling bottle (Heineken-yuk)

I'm going to make my boyfriend take quiz and see what happens.
Experiment with a chemist!

pluvo

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2007, 11:32:15 AM »
     The Boy Next Door
Random Gentle Love Dreamer (RGLDm)

Kind, yearning, playful, you are The Boy Next Door. You're looking for real Love, a lot like girls do. It might not be manly, but it's sweet.

We think the next three years will be very exciting and fruitful ones for you. Your spontaneous, creative side makes you a charming date, and we think you have a horny side just waiting to shine. Or glisten, rather. You enter new relationships unusually hopeful, and the first moments are especially glorious. If you've had some things not work out before, so what.

Your exact opposite:
The 5-Night Stand

Deliberate Brutal Sex Master

On paper, most girls would name the Boy Next Door as their ideal mate. In the real world, however, you're often passed over for more dangerous or masculine men. You're the typical "nice guy:" without just a touch of cockiness, you're doomed with girls. A shoulder to cry on? Okay, sure. But never a penis to hold.

More than any other type, Boys Next Door evolve as they get older. As we said, many find true love, but some fail miserably in the search. These tarnished few grow up to be The Men Next Door, who are creepy as hell, offering backrubs to kids and what not.

ALWAYS AVOID: The Nymph

CONSIDER: The Maid of Honor, The Peach 

* Huh, I kinda thought I'd end up a little colser to the other end of the scale.

BakerMikeRomeo

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2007, 12:04:42 PM »
The Billy Goat
Deliberate Brutal Sex Dreamer (DBSDm)

Horny. Stubborn. Kinda cute. Slightly immature. And often found on rough terrain. You are The Billy Goat.

You're lusty, but typically monogamous, and all in all you're a pretty good boyfriend. In fact, you enjoy relationships, if mostly for the sex and physical companionship. You'd do or say almost anything to get together with someone, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

You're sensitive, you have a certain boyish charm, and you're eager. Therefore you probably attract girls who are serious about romance. But few who get close to you realize how unready for total commitment you are. People fall for you. Meanwhile, you maintain your emotional distance, and there goes another box of tissues.

Eh..

~GnSx

Parker Dean

• friend
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2007, 01:51:38 PM »
Also a Boy Next Door Smiley

More than any other type, Boys Next Door evolve as they get older. As we said, many find true love, but some fail miserably in the search. These tarnished few grow up to be The Men Next Door, who are creepy as hell, offering backrubs to kids and what not.

Bwahahaha! Zing!

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2007, 03:15:57 PM »
I managed the same as Preacherman......
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2007, 07:04:02 PM »
The False Messiah
Deliberate Brutal Love Master (DBLMm)

People believe in you and then you send them to hell.
Behold, the False Messiah.

You're usually a very kind person, and contientious too.
Socially you're a leader, and your friends and associates look up to you. In intimate relationships you're a capable, responsive and experienced lover. Outside the box however, you run into trouble.

Girls fall hard for you, but you're much more ambivalent about them. The beginnings of your relationship are unusually intense, making it all the rougher on her when they end. At first using all the tricks of the trade, you ladle on the affection. But once she is all covered in soup, you withhold true napkins of committment. What's that all about? We should have called you the False Waiter.

You're looking for love. But history tells us you struggle to settle down and accept it. There's a deep streak of carnality within you. And while you'll never be a predator, you'll always fight the urge to roam free. You like to plan things out, so plan this: find someone who can indulge your selfish side, has a healthy sexual appetite and doesn't mind uncertainty.

Your exact opposite: The Pool Boy

Flee: The Sonnet, The Window Shopper

Pursue: The Stilleto, The Peach, The Nymph

Descrbes me to a T. grin
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2007, 10:18:16 PM »
billy goat. Bwehehehehe.

Moondoggie

• friend
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2007, 07:23:37 AM »
Loverboy here!
Known from coast to coast, almost!