Author Topic: Retail fatigue: Anyone else notice this?  (Read 17931 times)

White Horseradish

• friend
Re: Retail fatigue: Anyone else notice this?
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2008, 08:07:37 AM »
Dirty stuff. Hate it. S&B is cleaner AND cheaper. I tried it once, I have never seen my poor P220 look like a charcoal smoker chimney as with that crap.

Plus it's $5 more per box at Walmart than either Blazer Brass or S&B at a local gun store. Explain that?
I'd explain it if I'd ever seen it. At this point, the best deal in my neck of the woods is Sportsmans Guide, and in 9mm Wolf is the same as WWB.

Besides, don't you like cleaning your guns?  laugh
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2008, 08:11:05 AM »
I don't know, it seems like they realized that if they get in lots of cheap ammo and price it lower, it moves quickly, and people buy guns, too. Shockingly new business model there. Wink

As for cleaning, I don't mind cleaning. I do mind when I'm on the fifth patch or so and it's still black.

freedom lover

• resident high school student
  • "Who is the Coon?"
« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2008, 11:55:46 AM »
Take a shower you damn hippy.

I'm no damn hippy.  angry angry angry

Why don't you like to shower every day? 

I don't like showering because I have to get up at 5:40 to do it.
I'd rather sleep a little longer. High school starts early enough as it is. It also makes my skin feel funny.

That said, I do shower, I just don't like to.
Besides, a little body odor should be tolerated like it used to.

The key word is a little.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2008, 12:01:25 PM »
Just teasing FL. Did I forget the smilie?

I just shower at night before bed. Never understood the "I'll get nice and clean, then go out and get all sweaty and nasty before climbing into bed like that. Ick.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2008, 12:22:01 PM »
My favorite was the guy who didn't shower ANY day and smelled so bad someone finally told him about it. So the next day he came in smelling like a years worth of BO intermingled with deodorant, which only made it worse. Like we're talking a whole new form of funk here. Even worse than a goat.  shocked

cheesy
Avoid cliches like the plague!

freedom lover

• resident high school student
  • "Who is the Coon?"
« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2008, 12:34:31 PM »
That's funny.

Edit: I feel kinda sorry for you. I just couldn't stop laughing.

grin grin

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2008, 02:41:00 PM »
My favorite was the guy who didn't shower ANY day and smelled so bad someone finally told him about it. So the next day he came in smelling like a years worth of BO intermingled with deodorant, which only made it worse. Like we're talking a whole new form of funk here. Even worse than a goat.  shocked

cheesy

Stinky hippy, meet Mr Hose. Mr Hose, meet stinky hippy.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2008, 02:44:29 PM »
You guys don't know nothin' about BO until you've ridden on the short haul car on the Alaska Railroad Wink

Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

280plus

• friend
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2008, 03:35:34 PM »
Oh, I don't know, this guy had a little closet where he kept the ciggies and he used to go in there to do the count. I would have to go in there to get him to sign off on my paperwork. I swear the funk hit you at the door like a friggin' WALL. He had like this impenetrable funk force field.  laugh

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2008, 05:39:20 PM »
I just shower at night before bed. Never understood the "I'll get nice and clean, then go out and get all sweaty and nasty before climbing into bed like that. Ick.

Well, yeah. 

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2008, 05:45:52 PM »
Even worse than a goat.  shocked

Seriously dude, stop sniffing the goat.  You should not have a basis for comparison here...

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2008, 07:14:20 PM »
Even worse than a goat.  shocked

Seriously dude, stop sniffing the goat.  You should not have a basis for comparison here...

At least it goes to show how he knows fistful so well. grin
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

280plus

• friend
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2008, 02:40:10 AM »
Oh, you don't have to get very close to a goat to smell it.  laugh

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2008, 12:30:36 PM »
It's all junk now.  I stick the extra money in the gunsafe now, sock it away for roadtrips.

Buying more guns, comrade: You should try it.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2008, 01:28:23 PM »
Buying more guns, comrade: You should try it.

Nah... I've got plenty.  What I need is expertise on the ones I do have.  Only so much that 1 guy can do with a dozen long guns and another dozen handguns.  I've been paring down, keeping the regular carry guns and the particularly meaningful ones that I don't shoot but really like.  Eliminating silliness from the long gun safe.

What's the good of SKS's, Daewoos, AK's and FALs cluttering up my safe and chewing into my shooting time when I'm perfectly happy with my M14 and AR-15?  At this point, I want to be able to claim that I've shot out the barrels on each of these rifles, and have my gunsmith re-barrel the M14 after 7500 rounds or so, depending on how it lasts.  I wanna do my AR myself as it starts to open its groups up.

I'll start buying more guns when I've got family to put in some trigger time with me.  Until then, I'm pretty good with what I have.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2008, 01:36:14 PM »
Nah... I've got plenty.  What I need is expertise on the ones I do have.  Only so much that 1 guy can do with a dozen long guns and another dozen handguns.  I've been paring down, keeping the regular carry guns and the particularly meaningful ones that I don't shoot but really like.  Eliminating silliness from the long gun safe.

What's the good of SKS's, Daewoos, AK's and FALs cluttering up my safe and chewing into my shooting time when I'm perfectly happy with my M14 and AR-15?  At this point, I want to be able to claim that I've shot out the barrels on each of these rifles, and have my gunsmith re-barrel the M14 after 7500 rounds or so, depending on how it lasts.  I wanna do my AR myself as it starts to open its groups up.

I'll start buying more guns when I've got family to put in some trigger time with me.  Until then, I'm pretty good with what I have.

If Obama wins, you won't be able to buy any of those guns again.

Ever.

How many people who were of age to buy machine guns before 1986 now regret not doing so?

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2008, 01:58:39 PM »
If he doesn't want those guns in the first place, he shouldn't keep them for fear of not being able to buy them in the future.

I get where he's coming from.  Far more useful to have just a few guns that do what you want and that you can shoot well, than to have a safe full of guns aren't useful to you and that you don't shoot well.  Better to concentrate your resources where they'll do the most good. 

And, I know this may seem like heresy to some, but there's more to life than owning guns.  Those resources could do all sorts of other useful non-gun things for him, instead of being tied up in the gunsafe needlessly.

coppertales

• friend
« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2008, 03:00:55 PM »
We used to go mall cruising but, as said above, all the stores now carry the same things.  I have not been going to gun shows either because the golden age of milsurps is over and ammo is too expensive now.  I really don't need anything so I don't go store cruising.  I used to go just to babe watch but the younger generation, the ones that still have nice bodies, are porkers, hefers, etc.  Doesn't anyone take pride in their looks anymore......chris3

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #68 on: October 09, 2008, 04:46:09 PM »
Shopping for things no longer has attraction for some basic reasons.

- Everything is the SAME, from far too many of the same stores with the same stuff.

- Everything, or mostly everything, is of poor quality.

Noticed this?  Dambetcha I have.

I can't handle malls.  End to end, not one thing I want. 

Not.  One.  Thing.

I don't even like to go to Border's anymore.  My interests anymore tend to be a bit specialized.

The only place I can handle is the gun store.  The real one, not Gander Mountain.

How many TVs do you need?

Zero.  It's a waste of your precious time.  They should pay you to watch.

The troubled with you "jaded" consumer guys is you have rich inner lives.

Don't you know that inner emptiness is the reason behind shopoholism? grin

I 'spect so.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #69 on: October 09, 2008, 08:37:06 PM »
If Obama wins, you won't be able to buy any of those guns again.

Ever.

How many people who were of age to buy machine guns before 1986 now regret not doing so?

And there are hundreds of thousands of people who bought machine guns after 1986 that will one day regret doing that too.

Same like all the people who bought pre-ban rifles at triple the price in 2003 lived to regret that.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #70 on: October 09, 2008, 08:42:32 PM »
And there are hundreds of thousands of people who bought machine guns after 1986 that will one day regret doing that too.

Same like all the people who bought pre-ban rifles at triple the price in 2003 lived to regret that.

They will not ever be legalized again. There's no way that will ever happen.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #71 on: October 09, 2008, 08:45:49 PM »

Is your real name Morris Sheppard?

2swap

• friend
  • : 4 5 ;
« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2008, 09:07:25 PM »

\begin{satire}The Obamareich will last a thousand years!\end{satire}
: spin
  92 47 124 45 45 58 emit dup emit emit
  begin 8 emit dup emit swap 2swap key? until ;

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2008, 11:37:59 PM »
Blasphemy!!  The Obama will rule over us and over our children for time unending!  For Peace is in His Right Hand, and, lo, Government Cheese He beareth even in His Left Hand.  May His reign be glorious. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2008, 03:05:53 PM »
<kent_brockman>I for one welcome our new Chicago (spit!) overlords.</kent_brockman>
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.