Author Topic: Anchor Brewing Co calling it quits  (Read 352 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Anchor Brewing Co calling it quits
« on: July 12, 2023, 06:02:24 PM »
Anchor Brewing Company is closing up shop after 127 years.

https://www.everythinglubbock.com/news/national/pioneering-anchor-brewing-co-to-shut-down-after-127-years/?fbclid=IwAR3cz1jI2ML3Z5kHXpA995j2vLGJJBo3iacdG-1tacA547JizZQyb9YEp2I

Never did try their beer but know several folks who really liked it.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
Re: Anchor Brewing Co calling it quits
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2023, 06:40:54 PM »
That's a shame, when I was stationed near San Jose CA we would be able to find Anchor Steam Beer on draft in quite a few places. I thought it was a good beer. I never tried any of their craft beers.

bob

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2023, 07:26:57 PM »
That's a shame, when I was stationed near San Jose CA we would be able to find Anchor Steam Beer on draft in quite a few places. I thought it was a good beer. I never tried any of their craft beers.

bob

I think that beer was in every harbor restaurant and pub on the entire CA coast.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2023, 01:30:53 AM »
Okay... How did they screw up? Yuengling appears to be expanding...
Blog under construction

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2023, 07:53:00 AM »
Okay... How did they screw up? Yuengling appears to be expanding...

Them being in San Francisco is probably a contributing factor.  They might still be hanging on if they could have bailed on Frisco years ago.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.