Author Topic: Interesting EDC Belt  (Read 529 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Interesting EDC Belt
« on: July 14, 2023, 05:46:37 PM »
Tier 1 sent me an ad today with their new-ish gun belt. It's an EDC belt, primarily for appendix carry it looks like, but with an interesting design with half the belt rigid, and half the belt elastic. My first thought would be that a belt with elastic is just going to be too loose, but Tier 1 is a pretty top dog company, and I can't see them putting out a crap product. Plus it seems to work for the skinny kid in the review below, which, I was cracking up because his carry rig is almost as big as he is.  :laugh:

If this belt works as advertised, I think it would be great in the car, to give a little stretch and comfort while you're driving. I also like the "buckle", that lets you slide the belt through belt loops while buckled. I'd be really interested in trying it out, but it's 115 ducats. If they ever have like a 25% off sale, which would bring it closer to their Kore belt (which I own), I'd seriously consider it.

https://youtu.be/EGt3rxrILf0
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Re: Interesting EDC Belt
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2023, 11:05:11 AM »
I carry over five pounds of crap in my holster

Mmm, OK.  Wonder what percentage of total body weight he's carrying around in gunz-n-gear.

Still pretty happy with Wilderness Tactical Lo-Pro.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2023, 11:31:12 AM »
Mmm, OK.  Wonder what percentage of total body weight he's carrying around in gunz-n-gear.

Still pretty happy with Wilderness Tactical Lo-Pro.

Wilderness Tactical, and most Instructor belts, are really good all-around belts at a reasonable price point. I still use mine, especially for OWB carry. Appendix carry is the only thing that has had me straying from them and looking at other options.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

lee n. field

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2023, 02:22:51 PM »
Wilderness Tactical, and most Instructor belts, are really good all-around belts at a reasonable price point. I still use mine, especially for OWB carry. Appendix carry is the only thing that has had me straying from them and looking at other options.

The lo-pro is intended for AIWB.  I am using it for that (Taurus 856 in DSG Apollo).  I'm also using Perry system suspenders to help hold it up, so I'm able to wear it somewhat looser.  Without that it a belt would tend to ride down my pear shaped gut.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2023, 02:44:49 PM »
The lo-pro is intended for AIWB. 

Ah, interesting. I haven't purchased from them in years, so was unaware that they're catering to the appendix crowd.

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2023, 03:57:33 PM »
I don’t AIWB but still alternate between a wilderness instructor or an old Kramer double horsehide gun belt. In the summer I carry a little Kahr pm9 IWB in a Crossbreed mini tuck deluxe and almost any belt works for that, often a leather browning ranger.
I guess I’m getting closer to appendix because of shoulder issues I creep from 4:00 - 3:00. Haven’t tried any speed drill for awhile but I’m sure clearing a full size 1911 from 4:00 hip with FBI cant is a lot slower and more painful than it use to be.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2023, 01:46:07 AM »
Tier 1 sent me an ad today with their new-ish gun belt. It's an EDC belt, primarily for appendix carry it looks like, but with an interesting design with half the belt rigid, and half the belt elastic. My first thought would be that a belt with elastic is just going to be too loose, but Tier 1 is a pretty top dog company, and I can't see them putting out a crap product. Plus it seems to work for the skinny kid in the review below, which, I was cracking up because his carry rig is almost as big as he is.  :laugh:

If this belt works as advertised, I think it would be great in the car, to give a little stretch and comfort while you're driving. I also like the "buckle", that lets you slide the belt through belt loops while buckled. I'd be really interested in trying it out, but it's 115 ducats. If they ever have like a 25% off sale, which would bring it closer to their Kore belt (which I own), I'd seriously consider it.

https://youtu.be/EGt3rxrILf0
The first rig he displays looks like a big 2011 with magazine holster. 

I have been using various heavy leather gun belts for years.  Works for me. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2023, 07:53:14 AM »
The first rig he displays looks like a big 2011 with magazine holster. 

That would be a $3000 2011.  =)

https://staccato2011.com/

I've never looked into them, but have heard some of the guntubers talk about them as the bestest ever.

EDIT: Yikes. It looks like the kid carries the XC, a $4000 gun.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2023, 09:00:03 AM by Ben »

lee n. field

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2023, 09:00:14 AM »
That would be a $3000 2011.  =)

https://staccato2011.com/

I've never looked into them, but have heard some of the guntubers talk about them as the bestest ever.

Started clicking through the configurator.  Base gun is $2200.  You get, real quick, to $3K.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2023, 01:59:19 PM »
And he is stuffing that gun down his pants with a spare mag in a Kydex holster.  That would be pretty uncomfortable for me.  Not sure how he sits down with that rig.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge