Author Topic: Indy Colts Pound Baltimore Browns, Superbowl Predictions  (Read 2286 times)

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
Re: Indy Colts Pound Baltimore Browns, Superbowl Predictions
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2007, 02:36:53 AM »
GG, yes, I think the stats show that Brady is a solid B+ quarterback (granted this from a cold data analysis).  Brady does everything well, not exceptionally well, and that is his strength.  Nothing wrong with that.  In fact I think the world would be a better place if more people were good at everything they did.  Specialization being for insects and all.

The Patriots are a solid team in all areas and that what allows them to win Superbowls.

Should be a good game Sunday.  My buddy got tickets yesterday after waiting outside in the rain! grin
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Glock Glockler

• friend
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2007, 04:49:48 AM »
Tell me Tejon, who is an A+ QB?

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2007, 05:15:47 AM »
GG, well, as the subjective is objective grin, I think you look to the numbers and see.  Maybe Unitas?

Who has the best numbers in the NFL for '06?  The NFL sez Manning, http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL/PRAT/2006/regular (Brady is #9, like I said a soild B+ on numbers alone).

However, I wouldn't call Manning an A+.  No doubt Manning has weaknesses, inlcuding feet clay (inability to scramble) and his vulernability to being pysched out.  On the numbers Peyton is tough, but the intangibles (chemistry of a team, heart, inter alia) always come to the forefront in the playoffs.
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2007, 05:31:13 AM »
Manning is in the top five in virtually every category in which QBs are rated for the past season.

He's No. 1 in overall rating and in total TDs, No. 2 in yards, third in completions, completion percentage, and touch down percentage, 4th in total attempts, yards per attempt, and interception percentage, and fifth in interceptions.

There's only one category in which Brady cracked the top 5 -- touchdowns. In four of the offensive categories he was 10th or lower (completion percentage - 13th, yards per attempt 15th, TD percentage 10th, and interceptions 11th).

That's been a pretty consistent story for the past several years, as well, and really proves exactly what I said in my previous message -- Brady is a solid quarterback on a very solid, very deep team, but Manning is a spectacular quarterback who has the ability to carry his team on his numbers.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ron

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2007, 02:48:27 PM »
Saints by 3

<snicker>   cheesy laugh

Dannyboy

• friend
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2007, 05:31:15 PM »
Hallefrickinlujah!!!  The Colts finally get the Patriot monkey off their backs.  Great game too.  I was sweating during the Pats' last drive until the interception.
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.