Author Topic: Anti-gun nut beclowns self. Again. Of course.  (Read 1541 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Anti-gun nut beclowns self. Again. Of course.
« on: March 16, 2016, 01:22:10 AM »
[The second amendment] is the only Article in the Bill of Rights that protects only a certain group of individuals: people who decide to own guns. Every other Amendment guarantees protections to everyone, whether it's speech, religion, assembly, due process, trial by jury or payment for private property that is taken for public use.

(I guess he capitalizes certain nouns so that he seems more like the Founders.  ??? )

Of all the ways that Gun Nation tries to disguise the fact that guns are simply a lethal product that do a lot more harm than good, the notion that all those armed citizens are protecting us with their 'tools' has to be the dumbest and most childish justification of all. Anyway, back to Constitutional rights.

Even though I own more than 60 guns and would hate to see the day that I couldn't own any more...

"Guns are simply a lethal product that do a lot more harm than good." Which is why he owns 60 of them, and is so very attached to them.

Maybe I should read more disarmament lit, just for this kind of entertainment value.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mike-weisser/second-amendment_b_9463028.html?utm_medium=email&utm_source=flipboard
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

brimic

• friends
Re: Anti-gun nut beclowns self. Again. Of course.
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 08:27:21 AM »
Its a recent tactic of the anti-gun left to make claims (some wild) of owning guns to try to give themselves some sort of gun-owner cred.
Even in our local paper, a certain rabid anti-gun columnist claimed that he likes to hunt with his grandfather's 'Colt double barrel shotgun'- I had to look that one up, and nope, I highly doubt that he's ever fired one, let alone hunts with it.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 08:30:21 AM »
I'm not a Constitutional expert

Ya got that right.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 08:37:27 AM »
Every other Amendment guarantees protections to everyone, whether it's speech, religion,

What about atheists? Since we have no need to have religion as a protected right why should anyone else?
I don't have a newspaper so don't need freedom of the press.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2016, 08:59:04 AM »
What about atheists? Since we have no need to have religion as a protected right why should anyone else?
I don't have a newspaper so don't need freedom of the press.

Don't forget the curmudgeons who don't like people and have no need to freely assemble. (Honestly, I have no idea how you missed that one.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2016, 09:03:05 AM »
Don't forget the curmudgeons who don't like people and have no need to freely assemble. (Honestly, I have no idea how you missed that one.)

With me it's just a given.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2016, 09:12:14 AM »
Let's not even start comparing the number of Americans who own guns to the number who've been tried by a jury.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2016, 09:20:10 AM »
[The second amendment] is the only Article in the Bill of Rights that protects only a certain group of individuals: people who decide to own guns. Every other Amendment guarantees protections to everyone, whether it's speech, religion, assembly, due process, trial by jury or payment for private property that is taken for public use.

What a silly statement.

The first amendment doesn't protect everyone. According to the logic espoused in the article, the first amendment protects only those people who decide to engage in speech, or who decide to engage in the practice of a religion.

And it should be obvious that protections against quartering soldiers in your home don't protect people who live in the streets and who are, by definition, "homeless." Where's the equal protection for them? And how does a guarantee of payment for private property taken for public use provide any protection for people who "decide" not to own private property, but to rent instead?

What a dweeb.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2016, 09:30:14 AM »
And what's with this thirteenth amendment thing? And don't even get me started on the twenty-sixth...

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2016, 09:45:24 AM »
What a silly statement.

The first amendment doesn't protect everyone. According to the logic espoused in the article, the first amendment protects only those people who decide to engage in speech, or who decide to engage in the practice of a religion.

And it should be obvious that protections against quartering soldiers in your home don't protect people who live in the streets and who are, by definition, "homeless." Where's the equal protection for them? And how does a guarantee of payment for private property taken for public use provide any protection for people who "decide" not to own private property, but to rent instead?

What a dweeb.
What about people who are quiet and don't want to speak publicly.  Or people who have no problem stating their sins in front of groups of people (like a congregation). 

I agree with the "dweeb" comment.  Any bit of rational thought would have shown the foolishness of this idea.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2016, 10:00:51 AM »
Are the comments on that site turned off or is my browser just not pulling it up?  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2016, 10:02:23 AM »
And what's with this thirteenth amendment thing? And don't even get me started on the twenty-sixth...

And the 16th only lets Congress tax people.  I want to tax people, dammit.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2016, 10:24:48 AM »
Are the comments on that site turned off or is my browser just not pulling it up?  

Leftist views aren't debatable anymore.
Another tactic of bloomberg and his various anti-gun groups like MAIG- put out youtube videos or op-eds but make sure comments section is disabled.

Barack Obama

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2016, 12:41:09 PM »
Its a recent tactic of the anti-gun left to make claims (some wild) of owning guns to try to give themselves some sort of gun-owner cred.
Even in our local paper, a certain rabid anti-gun columnist claimed that he likes to hunt with his grandfather's 'Colt double barrel shotgun'- I had to look that one up, and nope, I highly doubt that he's ever fired one, let alone hunts with it.

Ian of Forgotten Weapons did review a couple Colt side by side shotguns, so they did exist.  In the 1870s.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2016, 01:48:36 PM »
Ian of Forgotten Weapons did review a couple Colt side by side shotguns, so they did exist.  In the 1870s.

Yes, they did exist. However, they all had damascus barrels- I doubt that the author had the knowledge or ability to roll his own BP loads to safely shoot it. 

Barack Obama

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2016, 12:30:21 PM »
Just one more data-point in my constant theme that all these "alternative" anti-gun arguments are proof we're winning. Probably the ONE place we're winning in the larger culture war it seems.

All the "I own guns.. (often with incorrect or implausible info.) but..." editorials.

Or the "You can't be XYZ and own guns. (And want to shoot people)

Don't date guys with guns.

There really aren't a bunch of new gun owners, the existing gun owners are just buying more and more guns..

Etc.

The more off the wall and ridiculous the anti-gun arguments get, the better we're doing.

(edited) because I like italics.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 01:49:27 PM by AJ Dual »
I promise not to duck.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2016, 12:50:34 PM »
Yes, they did exist. However, they all had damascus barrels- I doubt that the author had the knowledge or ability to roll his own BP loads to safely shoot it. 

I should have made that point explicitly.  Yes, "double barrel Colt shotguns" exist, but they're oddball antiques that would/should only be shot by someone knowledgeable enough to roll their own black powder shells.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.