Author Topic: Great article on the slaying of conservatives in general and Palin in particular  (Read 5825 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
A local talk radio show host read this article from National Review Online. I thought it was excellent. Chicago-style tactics, indeed.

I Still Hate You, Sarah Palin
The Republicans bring a knife to a gunfight, and lose again.

By David Kahane

One of the most terrifying moments of my political life came last summer at the Republican convention in St. Paul. No, I don’t mean seeing John McCain careering around the Xcel Energy Center like Eyegore in Young Frankenstein, his face frozen in a Lon Chaney Sr. rictus grin as he reached across the aisle to his erstwhile friends in the media and got his hand bitten off. Rather, I’m referring to the aftermath of Sarah Palin’s outrageous acceptance speech, which whipped up the Rotary Club delegates into a frenzy of white-boy fury that not even heckling by a brave Code Pink embed could deter. Truly a fascist classic and one that sent shivers down our collectivist spines.

Even worse was the glaze of horror on the phizzes of the assembled heroes of the Mainstream Media. Andrea Mitchell — yes, the very same Andrea Mitchell, NBC News, Washington, whose employer saw no conflict of interest at all when she married then Fed pooh-bah Alan Greenspan — stood there gaping like a frog while the rest of the assembled Finemans and Matthewses and Olbermanns scurried around like roaches when the light gets turned on: What the hell just hit us? For one horrible moment, it looked as if the carefully crafted plans of David Axelrod, Rahm Emanuel, George Soros, and the Second Chief Directorate, first department, of the old KGB were about to gang agley.

Not only were we offended at the sheer effrontery of McCain’s pick: How dare the Republicans proffer this déclassée piece of Wasilla trailer trash whose only claim to fame was that she didn’t exercise her right to choose? Where were her degrees from Smith or Barnard, her internships at PETA, the Brookings Institution, or the Young Pioneers? We were also outraged that the Stupid Party had just nominated a completely unqualified candidate nobody had ever heard of, a first-term governor of Alaska whose previous experience consisted of a small-town mayoralty. As opposed to our guy, Barry Soetoro of Mombasa, Djakarta, and Honolulu, a first-term senator nobody had ever heard of, whose previous experience had been as a state senator (D., Daley Machine) in Illinois. After eight long, illegitimate, lawless years of &*^%BUSH$#@! tyranny, how dare you contest this election?

And so the word went out, from that time and place: Eviscerate Sarah Palin like one of her field-dressed moose. Turn her life upside down. Attack her politics, her background, her educational history. Attack her family. Make fun of her husband, her children. Unleash the noted gynecologist Andrew Sullivan to prove that Palin’s fifth child was really her grandchild. Hit her with everything we have: Maureen Dowd of the New York Times, taking a beer-run break from her quixotic search for Mr. Right to drip venom on Sister Sarah; post-funny comic David Letterman, to joke about her and her daughters on national television; Katie Couric, the anchor nobody watches, to give this Alaskan interloper a taste of life in the big leagues; former New York Times hack Todd “Mr. Dee Dee Myers” Purdum, to act as an instrument of Graydon Carter’s wrath at Vanity Fair. Heck, we even burned her church down. Even after the teleological triumph of The One, the assault had to continue, each blow delivered with our Lefty SneerTM (viz.: Donny Deutsch yesterday on Morning Joe), until Sarah was finished.

You know what? It worked! McCain finally succumbed to his long-standing case of Stockholm Syndrome (“My friends, you have nothing to fear from an Obama presidency”), Tina Fey turned Palin into a see-Russia-from-my-house joke, “conservative” useful idiots like Peggy Noonan and Kathleen Parker hatched her, and finally Sarah cried No más and walked away. If we could, we’d cut off her head and mount it on a wall at Tammany Hall, except there is no more Tammany Hall unless you count Obama’s Tony Rezko–financed home in Chicago. And it took only eight months — heck, Sarah couldn't even have another kid in the time it took us to destroy her. That’s the Chicago way!

Yes, my friends, it’s once again time to quote Sean Connery’s famous speech from The Untouchables, written by David Mamet — the lecture the veteran Chicago cop gives a wet-behind-the-ears Eliot Ness (Kevin Costner, back when he was a movie star) while they sit in a church pew. “You want to get Capone? Here’s how you get him: he pulls a knife, you pull a gun, he sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. That’s the Chicago way!” If you just think of us — liberal Democrats — as Capone you’ll begin to understand what we’re up to. And we just put one of yours in the morgue.

I don’t know why I’m telling you this, but maybe now you’re beginning to understand the high-stakes game we’re playing here. This ain’t John McCain’s logrolling senatorial club any more. This is a deadly serious attempt to realize the vision of the 1960s and to fundamentally transform the United States of America. This is the fusion of Communist dogma, high ideals, gangster tactics, and a stunning amount of self-loathing. For the first time in history, the patrician class is deliberately selling its own country down the river just to prove a point: that, yes, we can! This country stinks and we won’t be happy until we’ve forced you to admit it.

In other words, stop thinking of the Democratic Party as merely a political party, because it’s much more than that. We’re not just the party of slavery, segregation, secularism, and sedition. Not just the party of Aaron Burr, Boss Tweed, Richard J. Croker, Bull Connor, Chris Dodd, Richard Daley, Bill Ayers, the Reverend Jeremiah Wright, and Emperor Barack Hussein Obama II. Not just the party of Kendall “Agent 202” Myers, the State Department official recruited as a Cuban spy along with his wife during the Carter administration. Rather, think of the Democratic Party as what it really is: a criminal organization masquerading as a political party.

If you had any sense, you would start using our tactics against us. After all, you have a few lawyers on your side. Sue us. File frivolous ethics complaints against all our elected officials until, like Sarah, they go broke from defending themselves. (David Paterson would be a good place to start.) Challenge the constitutionality of BO2’s legion of fill-in-the-blank czars — none of whom have to be confirmed, or even pass a security check. (Come to think of it, neither did Barry.) Let slip your own journalistic dogs of war, assuming you have any, to find Barry’s birth certificate, his college transcripts, whether he applied to Occidental as a foreign student, and on which passport he traveled in 1981 to Pakistan with his friend Wahid Hamid, for starters.

You might also want to think about interviewing New York literary agent Jane Dystel, who a) contacted the totally unknown Obama in the wake of an adulatory New York Times piece in 1990 and b) got him a $125,000 advance for a memoir that c) he couldn’t write, even after a long sojourn in Bali, which d) got the contract canceled, whereupon e) Dystel got him $40,000 from another publisher, following which f) the book finally came out to glowing reviews and g) Obama fired her. Wouldn’t she have an interesting story to tell?

Of course, you won’t. You’re too nice, too enamored of history and tradition to realize that the rules have changed. Remember, I live and work in a town where, “Hello, he lied,” isn’t a joke; we men of the Left are perfectly comfortable lying, cheating, and stealing — hello, Senator Franken! — in order to attain and keep political power. Not for nothing is one of our mottos, “By Any Means Necessary.” You see, we’re the good guys, and for us the ends always justify the means. We are, literally, shameless, which is why Bill Clinton is now a multi-millionaire and Eliot Spitzer is already on the comeback trail.

In Saul Alinsky’s Rules for Radicals, “the fourth rule is: Make the enemy live up to their own book of rules.” This is the book that “Reset” Rodham (what ever happened to her?) and BHO II grew up reading and continue to live by. If you don’t understand that that’s the way we see you — as the enemy — then you’re too dumb to survive. Remember that for us politics is not just an avocation, or even just a job, but our life. We literally stay awake nights thinking up ways to screw you. And one of the ways we do that is by religiously observing Alinsky’s Rule No. 4.

Did Sarah stand for “family values”? Flay her unwed-mother daughter. Did she represent probity in a notoriously corrupt, one-family state? Spread rumors about FBI investigations. Did she speak with an upper-Midwest twang? Mock it relentlessly on Saturday Night Live. Above all, don’t let her motivate the half of the country that doesn’t want His Serene Highness to bankrupt the nation, align with banana-republic Communist dictators, unilaterally dismantle our missile defenses, and set foot in more mosques than churches since he has become president. We’ve got a suicide cult to run here.

And that’s why Sarah had to go. Whether she understood it or not, she threatened us right down to our most fundamental, meretricious, elitist, sneering, snobbish, insecure, Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders bones. She was, after all, a “normal” American, the kind of person (or so I’m told) you meet in flyover country. The kind that worries first about home and hearth and believes in things like motherhood and love of country the way it is, not the way she wants to remake it.

What you clowns need, in other words, is a Rules for Radical Conservatives to explain what you’re up against and teach you how to compete before it’s too late. Luckily, since I care about money even more than I care about politics, I have just such a book in the proposal stage, currently making the rounds of various publishers, assuming any of them are wise enough to take me up on it.

And, yes, this time it really is personal.

— David Kahane is pushing for a new national holiday to commemorate the destruction of Sarah Palin, and is hopeful that his senators, Barbara Boxer and Dianne Feinstein, will co-sponsor it, along with Henry Waxman in the House. You can second the motion at kahanenro@gmail.com or on Facebook.   

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
It strikes me that it would be nigh impossible to write a modern day Modest Proposal, given how vile and deranged politics has become. Anyone who looks at what the MSM, Democrats, and "conservatives" like McCain did to Palin and isn't outraged has a serious pair of blinders on.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
It strikes me that it would be nigh impossible to write a modern day Modest Proposal, given how vile and deranged politics has become. Anyone who looks at what the MSM, Democrats, and "conservatives" like McCain did to Palin and isn't outraged has a serious pair of blinders on.
That, or they're not thinking for themselves.  Far too many people let the media (and the larger pop culture) do their thinking for them. 

Waitone

• friend
If you had any sense, you would start using our tactics against us. After all, you have a few lawyers on your side. Sue us. File frivolous ethics complaints against all our elected officials until, like Sarah, they go broke from defending themselves. (David Paterson would be a good place to start.) Challenge the constitutionality of BO2’s legion of fill-in-the-blank czars — none of whom have to be confirmed, or even pass a security check. (Come to think of it, neither did Barry.) Let slip your own journalistic dogs of war, assuming you have any, to find Barry’s birth certificate, his college transcripts, whether he applied to Occidental as a foreign student, and on which passport he traveled in 1981 to Pakistan with his friend Wahid Hamid, for starters.
Wondered myself why the opposition just sits still.  The examples provided are right to the point.  Lots of bellyaching about Obama's proclivity to install czars but no evidence of action to challenge in court.  No need to file frivolous lawsuits.  There exists plenty legitimate skulduggery to investigate.

And that’s why Sarah had to go. Whether she understood it or not, she threatened us right down to our most fundamental, meretricious, elitist, sneering, snobbish, insecure, Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders bones. She was, after all, a “normal” American, the kind of person (or so I’m told) you meet in flyover country. The kind that worries first about home and hearth and believes in things like motherhood and love of country the way it is, not the way she wants to remake it.
Swish!  Three points from half court.

"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
Wouldn't use of a "Rules for Radical Conservatives" manual kinda require the use of actual, I dunno, conservatives?
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

MechAg94

• friend
I was surprised how many people on another site I thought were conservative just ate up all the negative press on Palin and trashed her online.  If a conservative candidate is not perfect, some people just aren't satisfied.  The most common complaint was that she didn't blow people out of the water in her interviews which I thought was a pretty foolish thing to say.  They basically want a "conservative" Barrack Obama to do everything right and say all the right things.  I am sure they would then complain about what they did later.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

melllyn

Yet another excellent article on the political demise of Mrs. Palin...and the death of journalism. The article itself is too long to post here so I've given the link and included my favorite line from the article.

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2009/07/08/sarah-barracuda-palin-and-the-piranhas-of-the-press/?icid=main|main|dl1|link2|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.politicsdaily.com%2F2009%2F07%2F08%2Fsarah-barracuda-palin-and-the-piranhas-of-the-press%2F

We were about to find out. As the truncated 2008 general election campaign raced by, Palin's critics in the Fourth Estate maintained that they were simply doing their job in ferreting out the qualifications, experience, temperament, and knowledge base that Sarah Palin would bring to national office. I'm not a Republican or a conservative; I'm a lifelong journalist who was born and raised in this profession and normally I'd defend the media in this argument. In this instance I cannot.
The reason is what happened when the battle over Sarah Palin came to a head on Oct. 2, 2008, in St. Louis, Mo. That night, the press showed its colors – and they were Democratic blue. That was the night that Palin cleaned Joe Biden's clock in their only debate, and nobody in the media could even see it, let alone report it. That was the night that the dual blinders of ideology and elitism prevented us being honest brokers.

wquay

;/

I watched that debate, and I didn't consider it a victory for Palin.

longeyes

• friend
I like Palin, but the answer to The Thing That Came From The Sea is not EveryWoman.  This is not a $200 million blockbuster action film.  Palin shows the way, but she doesn't take us far enough.  We are going to need someone with the political clarity of Reagan and the hardness of Gen. Patton to have any chance to slow this leftist juggernaut.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
;/

Yeah, it was an ill-prepared candidate (Palin) against an ill-informed, mentally-ill candidate (Biden).  On the surface, Biden looked like the better debater, at least to those people that are regularly bamboozled by leftist nonsense. 

Now, earlier you denounced Palin for a lack of substance, then said you finally decided against her because of the very substantive Winking issue.  Were you joking?  ???
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

wquay

Yeah, it was an ill-prepared candidate (Palin) against an ill-informed, mentally-ill candidate (Biden).  On the surface, Biden looked like the better debater, at least to those people that are regularly bamboozled by leftist nonsense. 

Now, earlier you denounced Palin for a lack of substance, then said you finally decided against her because of the very substantive Winking issue.  Were you joking?  ???

How a person carries themselves says a lot about who they are. I disliked Palin for several reasons, and those reasons were summed up by her flirtatious demeanor during the debate.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
You're problem with Palin is that you think she's flirtatious?

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
That's what it sounds like, doesn't it?   =|
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
How a person carries themselves says a lot about who they are

Are you also saying that Palin has multiple personalities?

wquay

You're problem with Palin is that you think she's flirtatious?

My problem with Palin is that she campaigned more on appearances than intelligence, education, or comprehension of principles, and I didn't want a female GWB as VP.

Are you also saying that Palin has multiple personalities?

It's called "generic they." From the American Heritage Book of English Usage: A Practical and Authoritative Guide to Contemporary English, 1996: "The alternative to the masculine generic with the longest and most distinguished history in English is the third-person plural pronoun. Recognized writers have used they, them, themselves, and their to refer to singular nouns such as one, a person, an individual, and each since the 1300s." Look it up some time and learn a little more about the English language. Or, you could wink at the camera and pretend it doesn't matter.

I'm done in this thread.

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
Wow... that has GOT to be the best decision I've seen in a thread in ages...

So, anyway...

The gist I've gotten over the "Palin Derangement Syndrom" is that she's an attractive female with conservative values, which totally blows the mind of most leftists. Since she doesn't fit their mold, they assume she's some sort of non-human entity and react to her accordingly.

Did I miss anything?
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Did I miss anything?

Nope.  You pretty much got it.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Stand_watie

• friend
Wow... that has GOT to be the best decision I've seen in a thread in ages...

So, anyway...

The gist I've gotten over the "Palin Derangement Syndrom" is that she's an attractive female with conservative values, which totally blows the mind of most leftists. Since she doesn't fit their mold, they assume she's some sort of non-human entity and react to her accordingly.

Did I miss anything?

That he's done in this thread?
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

Perd Hapley

• friend
I'd like to make a certain prediction, but I don't want to spoil anything.   :laugh:

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
I'm done in this thread.

To paraphrase the current VW commercials...

"Dat's Cool!"
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
;/

Actually, I thought it showed that the VP candidates were far better choices for POTUS than the actual POTUS candidates....and Palin was the best of the four....

The GOP "leadership" shuns Palin at the party's peril...she can take a large number of "R" votes from the party to whatever 3rd party she chooses...or just sit on them and play king-maker in the GOP....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
It's called "generic they." From the American Heritage Book of English Usage: A Practical and Authoritative Guide to Contemporary English, 1996: "The alternative to the masculine generic with the longest and most distinguished history in English is the third-person plural pronoun. Recognized writers have used they, them, themselves, and their to refer to singular nouns such as one, a person, an individual, and each since the 1300s." Look it up some time and learn a little more about the English language. Or, you could wink at the camera and pretend it doesn't matter.

That's a very long reply to a retort that meant, "liberals don't recognize sarcasm."

Sheesh.

BTW, it's still grammatically incorrect, as you're mixing singular and plurals. The proper construction of the sentence would have been "How people carry themselves says a lot about who they are," or, if you wanted to address people in the singular, it would have been, "How a person carries himself says a lot about who he is". Of course, the latter is a sexist sentence construction. The politically correct construction would have been, "How a person carries herself or himself says a lot about who she or he is".

Why am I bothering to explain this, though, as you're done with this thread?

Perd Hapley

• friend
Now that I think about it, McCain resorted to talking points just as often as Palin.  It seemed as if a lot of issues came back to ear-marks, for McCain.

Makes you wonder if both candidates talked that way, because the advisers told them they had to play it safe and stick to two or three issues.  As a lot of people were saying, they should have let Palin be herself.  I think, if she were the leader we're looking for, she wouldn't have take any guff from campaign flaks, anyway.  Maybe she'll grow into that.  Time will tell.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
I hate it when people are done with a thread before I get my two cents in.

My two cents is I really wish Sarah had asked that idiot journalist who had insisted that
the majority of Americans wanted a semi auto ban , if he actually knew what a semi - auto was.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

sanglant

• friend
or if the dimwit knew any Americans :angel: