Author Topic: More from your favorite political author:  (Read 1854 times)

doczinn

• friend
More from your favorite political author:
« on: July 21, 2009, 10:58:41 AM »
I'm speaking, of course, of Jeremy Zilber. For those who've somehow missed this wonderful author, he wrote a matched pair of books called Why Mommy is a Democrat and Why Daddy is a Democrat. He's now followed up these indescribably astute observations with Mama Voted for Obama, which Google was kind enough to bring to me via the ads on GMail.

http://littledemocrats.net/
D. R. ZINN

Standing Wolf

• friend
Re: More from your favorite political author:
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 01:40:47 PM »
Why Mommy is a
Democrat is a warm
and wonderful story
of commitment to
family and
community. You'll
want to share this
book with your
children for the
same reason you're
a Democrat --
because you care.

Well, I probably would, but a toss of the genetic dice left me with more than 65 IQ points.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 02:25:21 PM »
It can be argued that Oprah and the Oprah audience put Mr O in the White House.

Maybe it's the same audience behind the housing bubble...  When in doubt add a room.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 02:40:09 PM »
It can be argued that Oprah and the Oprah audience put Mr O in the White House.

Maybe it's the same audience behind the housing bubble...  When in doubt add a room.

So we should blame women?
 :rolleyes:
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 03:55:02 PM »
So we should blame women?

Single women, yes we should blame them.  Single women are looking for daddy figures to give them things.

"If we took away women's right to vote, we'd never have to worry about another Democrat president. It's kind of a pipe dream, it's a personal fantasy of mine, but I don't think it's going to happen. And it is a good way of making the point that women are voting so stupidly, at least single women.

It also makes the point, it is kind of embarrassing, the Democratic Party ought to be hanging its head in shame, that it has so much difficulty getting men to vote for it. I mean, you do see it’s the party of women and 'We’ll pay for health care and tuition and day care -- and here, what else can we give you, soccer moms?'"

Ann Coulter.  She's right you know.

I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 05:01:59 PM »
Single women, yes we should blame them.  Single women are looking for daddy figures to give them things.

"If we took away women's right to vote, we'd never have to worry about another Democrat president. It's kind of a pipe dream, it's a personal fantasy of mine, but I don't think it's going to happen. And it is a good way of making the point that women are voting so stupidly, at least single women.

It also makes the point, it is kind of embarrassing, the Democratic Party ought to be hanging its head in shame, that it has so much difficulty getting men to vote for it. I mean, you do see it’s the party of women and 'We’ll pay for health care and tuition and day care -- and here, what else can we give you, soccer moms?'"

Quoted for truthiness
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

2swap

• friend
  • : 4 5 ;
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 05:12:10 PM »

After reading this and that 2 people agree, I am for removing the right to vote from men. They seem to be unable to understand that also men want a 'strong man in power' and would not say no to government handouts either. Also I heard no woman proudly claim that she voted "Erststimme PDS, Zweitstimme NDP" (PDS candidate, NPD list) in an election.

: spin
  92 47 124 45 45 58 emit dup emit emit
  begin 8 emit dup emit swap 2swap key? until ;

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 06:50:29 PM »
Women have had a major role in putting Democrats into office for decades.  That's a demographic fact. 

And there's an oft-noted political phenomenon called "the hubby state" that bears discussion.  A lot of single women "marry" the State.  I's not about "blaming women," it's about the way modern liberal society is evolving and what that portends.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 07:03:00 PM by longeyes »
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2009, 07:32:53 PM »
Women have had a major role in putting Democrats into office for decades.  That's a demographic fact. 

And men had a major role in nominating and electing RINOs for decades. This is a demographic fact. What is worse for your claim is the fact that the slide towards the expansive and oppressive state had started long before women's suffrage.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2009, 07:43:07 PM »
Okay this isn't going to go anywhere decent.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”