Author Topic: Reality just completely broke. This...um...this... *holds head*  (Read 10850 times)

Manedwolf

• friend
Reality just completely broke. This...um...this... *holds head*
« on: January 08, 2009, 02:11:05 PM »

Yes, it's real.

I have to go have a drink now. Maybe a bottle of rum. Or two.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Reality just completely broke. This...um...this... *holds head*
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 02:21:40 PM »
Yep.

Batman is still the coolest Super-hero.

Spiderman just fell from second to.... I don't know, somewhere behind Green Arrow or Spectre?
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 02:28:39 PM »
Also:

The comic starts with Spider-Man's alter-ego Peter Parker taking photographs at the inauguration, before spotting two identical Obamas.

Parker decides "the future president's gonna need Spider-Man," and springs into action, using basketball to determine the real Obama and punching out the impostor.

Obama thanks him with a fist-bump.

Well. That's a fine racial stereotype now, isn't it. O_o Why is it okay when they do it?

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 02:29:38 PM »
Yep.

Spiderman just fell from second to.... I don't know, somewhere behind Green Arrow or Spectre?
...somewhere FAR behind Howard The Duck :P.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 02:31:30 PM »
Also:

Well. That's a fine racial stereotype now, isn't it. O_o Why is it okay when they do it?

You must understand Progressivism - it's just as racist and evil as any Klansman, except with a veneer of acceptable, intellectual ideology.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

tyme

• expat
  • friend
  • Did you know that dolphins are just gay sharks?
    • TFL Library
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 03:11:58 PM »
Meanwhile... http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/01/07/official-inauguration-pos_n_156045.html

Am I being overly sensitive, or does this reek of 1984?  I strongly object to any portrayal of any public figure as a savior, and that image is too close for comfort.
Support Range Voting.
End Software Patents

"Four people are dead.  There isn't time to talk to the police."  --Sherlock (BBC)

buzz_knox

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 03:33:36 PM »
Meanwhile... http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/01/07/official-inauguration-pos_n_156045.html

Am I being overly sensitive, or does this reek of 1984?  I strongly object to any portrayal of any public figure as a savior, and that image is too close for comfort.

Look around and you'll find quite a few posters that are on the other side of that comfort line.  The libs broke out all the Che/Stalin style propaganda for this one.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 03:49:34 PM »
The libs broke out all the Che/Stalin style propaganda for this one.

And not a peep out of the MSM about it. You'd think these were all new and fresh, rather than recycled designs from regimes that murdered millions (but for whatever reason, murder doesn't seem to count if Communists did it).
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2009, 03:51:48 PM »
And not a peep out of the MSM about it. You'd think these were all new and fresh, rather than recycled designs from regimes that murdered millions (but for whatever reason, murder doesn't seem to count if Communists did it).

Trust me. They don't know. In college, broadcast journalism was the course of study for airheads who got drunk every night.

They never had art history. They wouldn't know Bauhaus or Soviet Modernism if it bit them in the backside, they'd just think it was new and edgy. :P

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2009, 06:29:27 PM »
Yep.

Nah, he's dropped even with Aquaman.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2009, 08:43:15 PM »
The libs broke out all the Che/Stalin style propaganda for this one.

Yeah, but it worked for Stalin.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

jamz

• friend
  • bleem
Everybody loves Magical Trevor

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2009, 11:04:36 PM »
Nah, he's dropped even with Aquaman.

Nope....he's just about even with Captain Planet, now......

....where's a "HULK SMASH" when you need it?.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

digitalandanalog

• friend
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2009, 03:04:28 AM »
I always thought Spidey boy sucked anyway....A pox on the Marvel house and Stan Lee can now officially kiss my....

HankB

• friend
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2009, 09:16:22 AM »
Trust me. They don't know. In college, broadcast journalism was the course of study for airheads who got drunk every night.
You mean there's actually a course of study with lower academic requirements than teacher's college?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2009, 09:18:22 AM »
You mean there's actually a course of study with lower academic requirements than teacher's college?

I thought it was the 'General BA'. But failing that , yes, media and film studies.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2009, 11:08:55 AM »

They never had art history. They wouldn't know Bauhaus or Soviet Modernism if it bit them in the backside, they'd just think it was new and edgy. :P

So in this example, art history is the serious major?  :laugh:
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2009, 11:28:32 AM »

Relative to other majors... apparently it is.

I'd put philosophy as another serious major...

Can't make any money in either, but what does that have to do with education? :P

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2009, 11:38:36 AM »
Also:

Don't you know your Messiah any better than that?  Obama is a basketball player.  He played in high school, and he did a few campaign stunts playing basketball.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 11:45:53 AM by Headless Thompson Gunner »

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2009, 12:02:26 PM »
Don't you know your Messiah any better than that?  Obama is a basketball player.  He played in high school, and he did a few campaign stunts playing basketball.

I thought the fist bump was the racial stereotype...

buzz_knox

• friend
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2009, 12:43:40 PM »
I thought the fist bump was the racial stereotype...

I believe it is a reference to the fistbump the Obamas did when he got the nomination.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2009, 12:57:06 PM »
The fist bump isn't necessarily a black thing, although Obama has been known to do that, too.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2009, 01:00:22 PM »
The fist bump isn't necessarily a black thing, although Obama has been known to do that, too.

Neither is basketball necessarily a black sport.

Maned, to which racial stereotype were you referring?

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2009, 01:02:36 PM »

When it's a course taken as part of graphic design for marketing, it is. You can't sell unless you have studied how people successfully sold before. And you can't understand how to use color for design unless you've studied how masters of the past did it.

Remember, some of Alphonse Mucha's most striking pieces were ads...for bicycles, soap, all sorts of things. And he did them for reproduction on a limited color press. There's a lot to learn there!

« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 01:09:47 PM by Manedwolf »