Author Topic: DHS Ammo Purchase of 1.6 billion rounds, and FLETC quote  (Read 10847 times)

longeyes

• friend
Re: DHS Ammo Purchase of 1.6 billion rounds, and FLETC quote
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2013, 12:01:46 PM »
Just can't explain the details of federal procurement regulations to some folks, I suppose.

This is not about regulations. This is about an agenda that anyone should be able to see at this point.  Perhaps some of you are a little too close to government?
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2013, 12:02:32 PM »
This is not about regulations. This is about an agenda that anyone should be able to see at this point.  Perhaps some of you are a little too close to government?

Close enough to see incompetence instead of malice, perhaps.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2013, 12:05:39 PM »
That is an interesting distinction but one that is less and less useful.  The problem is we can no longer trust anything that this government is doing.

By the way, I have been an independent contractor working with the federal government in the past. So I'm not unaware of how things operate.  I worked with project managers who had never been to their project site.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2013, 12:18:12 PM »
That is an interesting distinction but one that is less and less useful.  The problem is we can no longer trust anything that this government is doing.

By the way, I have been an independent contractor working with the federal government in the past. So I'm not unaware of how things operate.  I worked with project managers who had never been to their project site.

I'm not saying this ammo contract isn't a problem, i'm merely saying it's not the massive pre-genocide prep that folks are making it out to be.

ANd, as i've hinted to in the past, should any wonkiness happen within DHS, a lot of info comes through my facility. If there was cause for alarm, i'd be shouting from the rooftops
Fitz

---------------
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:

-MicroBalrog

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2013, 02:18:30 PM »
Close enough to see incompetence instead of malice, perhaps.

See Fitz's answer. Look. I worked for the military, government, and defense contracting. In IT and legal compliance. There is NO deeper abyss of clueless and stupidity that yet exists. It is indefinitely deep, lower than even Cthulu, who rests dead but dreaming. When Cthulu has nightmares, it's of the IQ's at the bottom of said abyss. That's what I've stared into. There is PLENTY of legit stuff to go tin foil on. Hundreds of sold gold nuggets of tin foil legend. BATFE hands those out like candy, after all. TSA as well. This isn't one of them, and would make you look like a tin foiler who racketed the liner too tight. I'm not saying it's not stupid. I'm saying, it's not dark green helicopter material.

And I run the systems that sell math text books to home schoolers these days. About as far from government as you get.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2013, 05:04:53 PM »
Let's stipulate that it is not outright totalitarian malevolence, jackboots awhirl, just dullfaced incompetence and bureaucratic machinations. 

You remember Hannah Arendt's phrase, the "banality of evil?"  At a certain point liberty just dies of slow asphyxiation.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2013, 05:06:55 PM »
Let's stipulate that it is not outright totalitarian malevolence, jackboots awhirl, just dullfaced incompetence and bureaucratic machinations. 

You remember Hannah Arendt's phrase, the "banality of evil?"  At a certain point liberty just dies of slow asphyxiation.

Good point
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2013, 10:48:31 AM »

I think we're all at the point now of standing around trying to revive a dead patient.  Just MHO.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2013, 11:06:20 AM »

I think we're all at the point now of standing around trying to revive a dead patient.  Just MHO.

I know this is selfish, but on my pessimistic days I'm pretty much to the point of I just want to keep the patient from decomping too badly for another 40 years.

I don't have kids, and don't plan on it, so if we can limp liberty along till I'm old enough to die, then that's good enough for me.

FTM economy as well. We aren't going to convince people to turn the welfare state around, so If we can stave off total collapse untill I die.......

On my better days I try to think about the country as a whole, but those days are getting fewer as I get crotchetier.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2013, 11:07:24 AM »
I'm starting to think it's like a bandaid. Better to rip it off quickly
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2013, 11:17:20 AM »
I know this is selfish, but on my pessimistic days I'm pretty much to the point of I just want to keep the patient from decomping too badly for another 40 years.

I don't have kids, and don't plan on it, so if we can limp liberty along till I'm old enough to die, then that's good enough for me.

FTM economy as well. We aren't going to convince people to turn the welfare state around, so If we can stave off total collapse untill I die.......

On my better days I try to think about the country as a whole, but those days are getting fewer as I get crotchetier.

+1, except my fatalistic inner pessimist knows we won't be so lucky.

I've lost an aunt and my best friend's grandmother, who was a good friend to me, in the last two days. I miss them, but another part of me is relieved they don't have to live through what's coming.

On topic, I had the thought that the tinfoilhattery can make sense, if we factor in a high miss rate planned for the rounds fired at the pesky citizenry to be liquidated. Based on the recent cop shootout in NYC, the folks fired on during the Dorner manhunt, etc., we can easily anticipate poor accuracy and lots of errant rounds.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2013, 11:29:23 AM »
I reserve the right to be wrong but IIRC the source who initially gave us the story of 1.5 billion round of hollowpoint ammo also gave us the initial story of 2,000+ armored personnel carriers going to DHS.  And just recently the same source broke the story of DHS awarding multiple million dollar no bid contracts to two pistol manufacturers.   I dismiss anything out of Alex Jones out of hand simply because I do not nor can not accept his worldview.  The problem began to grow after other outlets began pushing out his reportage.  Jones has been gaining credibility in the adult alternative media because the likes of Drudge ran his stories.  They've been evidently relying on his research and not doing the critical investigating and debunking that is part and parcel of good investigative journalism. 

All three stories mentioned could have gone nowhere if fundamental research had been done before going to press.  The ammo story would fall apart when it was disclosed the contract was no different than thousands of other fed.gov contracts.  DHS armored personnel carriers appears to be a splicing of two or three kinda sorta stories combined with creative photoshop work.  The latest no bid contracts for pistols was for spare parts of existing purchases by the federales.  All stories are unremarkable when you get to the brass tacks. 

As much as I advocate the alternative media I now have to admit it is no different than the corporate whore media I loathe.  Being first and sensational wins over being second and right any day.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2013, 11:28:53 PM »
I reserve the right to be wrong but IIRC the source who initially gave us the story of 1.5 billion round of hollowpoint ammo also gave us the initial story of 2,000+ armored personnel carriers going to DHS.

2717 MRAPS if I remember correctly, and it was a Navy contract procuring them for the Marine Corps.  I'm not discounting the stupidity of DHS contracting (technically I work for DHS), just pointing out a few facts.

edit: Waitone, my reading comprehension kicked in about 20 seconds after I posted.  My apologies.  Blame it on the Beam and coke!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 11:34:22 PM by dm1333 »