Author Topic: Dangers of International Travel  (Read 1927 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Dangers of International Travel
« on: July 16, 2013, 03:50:33 PM »
or... Suddenly my desire to visit Machu Picchu has vanished.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2365158/Horrified-woman-27-discovers-headaches-scratching-sounds-inside-head-FLESH-EATING-MAGGOTS.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

The link itself describes all the commentary I need. I'll be wearing earplugs everywhere I go now. <shudder>
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

SADShooter

• friend
Re: Dangers of International Travel
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 03:53:06 PM »
The original definition of earworm.  [barf]
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 04:07:39 PM »
This is one of those moments where the doctor should do what needs to be done, and not tell the patient what was wrong. [barf]
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 05:59:13 PM »
My mother was hospitalized for almost a week with headaches so severe she wanted to kill herself.  She also lost vision in one eye.  Started a week after a vacation to the Yucatan Penninsula.  Medicos at Boston Eye & Ear Hospital were stumped.  Central American janitor dude overheard them and suggested a maggot.  They cut in and found it had gone to the next stage.  Oh, yeah, they removed it.  Instant relief from pain and vision restored.  Janitor dude was fired for interrupting the doctors.  All's well that ends well.

Moral of the story: wear wax ear plugs.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 11:43:08 PM »
Janitor dude was fired for interrupting the doctors. 

You're kidding, right?  Dude should have been promoted or given a bonus, not fired.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 10:05:20 AM »
You're kidding, right?  Dude should have been promoted or given a bonus, not fired.

This was Bahhhstin.  The Cabots speak only to the Lodges, and the Lodges speak only to G*d.  Doctors tell G*d when someone can get better or die.  And to make the sun shine on Wednesdays so they can play golf.

I think they fired him so the story of a janitor knowing more than a gaggle of MDs with all sorts of x-ray and MRI and voodoo diagnostics would not get around.  Seriously, a breach of ettiquette like that, especially in front of the patient, is intolerable in the eyes of a G*d-complex MD.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2013, 10:42:58 AM »
This is one of those moments where the doctor should do what needs to be done, and not tell the patient what was wrong. [barf]
Really?  If he had done that, he might have gotten the first two and not looked for others.  I'd want to know. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2013, 10:24:24 PM »
This was Bahhhstin.  The Cabots speak only to the Lodges, and the Lodges speak only to G*d.  Doctors tell G*d when someone can get better or die.  And to make the sun shine on Wednesdays so they can play golf.

I think they fired him so the story of a janitor knowing more than a gaggle of MDs with all sorts of x-ray and MRI and voodoo diagnostics would not get around.  Seriously, a breach of ettiquette like that, especially in front of the patient, is intolerable in the eyes of a G*d-complex MD.

stay safe.

I've known a doc or two with that complex.  Got fired as a patient by one.  Father and son team in one office, I was seeing son.  Son goes on vacation, so I have to see father.  He walked into the room saying how he was going to "fix" my back (no one ranking less than God himself can do that), I explained that son's doing more of a holding action.  He told me to get out of his office and not to come back.  No prob.  Found a better doc just down the road.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2013, 01:44:37 AM »
Rot grubs are the suck.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.