Author Topic: Text Message Pot Deal Goes Awry  (Read 1215 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Text Message Pot Deal Goes Awry
« on: February 25, 2007, 06:29:17 AM »
Oops......   laugh

----------------
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070224/ap_on_fe_st/text_message_arrest;_ylt=ApJDNSgT17kqulecIgQOC88sQE4F

MURRAY, Ky. - A middle school teacher trying to buy pot was arrested after she sent text messages to state trooper instead of a dealer, police said.
ADVERTISEMENT

Trooper Trevor Pervine was at dinner with his wife and parents celebrating a birthday when his phone started buzzing with messages about a marijuana purchase.

At first, Pervine thought the messages were from friends playing a joke, Kentucky State Police spokesman Barry Meadows said. But a couple of phone calls put that idea to rest, and Pervine responded to set up a meeting, Meadows said.

Authorities say Ann Greenfield, 34, arrived at the meeting point and found Pervine and other law enforcement officers waiting for her.

"She learned her lesson. Program your dealers into your phone," Meadows said.

Greenfield, a teacher at Murray Middle School, was charged with conspiracy to traffic in controlled substances within 1,000 feet of a school, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia, Meadows said.

She was suspended with pay pending results of an investigation, the Murray Independent School District said in a statement posted Friday on the district's Web site. A message seeking comment left at a listing for an Ann Greenfield in Murray, Ky. was not returned.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
Re: Text Message Pot Deal Goes Awry
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 06:36:37 AM »
Yes, but we never hear about all the drug deals that go well. police

I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 06:56:37 AM »
Its good to know that a dangerous drug addict is off the streets.....and clogging up the prisons so that rapists and murderers get shortened sentances due to overcrowding.....
Just say no....to the war on drugs....
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 07:41:44 AM »
Yes, but a police department does not receive federal money for rape and murder.  It does for drug arrests! police  Priorities don't ya know. grin

The War on Some Drugs is not being fought to be won, it is being fought so that it can continue to be fought.  It only took me 2 months or so in law enforcement to figure that out.  War without end, amen, amen.
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 05:23:18 PM »
Hey, that sounds like another War On we're fighting.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2007, 05:57:11 PM »
I know I'll sleep better tonight.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2007, 06:07:02 PM »
I have the worst track record on the forum for posting stuff that's supposed to be funny that then turns into a serious political thread.  rolleyes
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2007, 06:18:29 PM »
Sorry, didn't mean to crap all over your thread.  It is pretty hilarious.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2007, 06:45:34 PM »
I hate when happens, just sitting around and people try to buy pot from you.

when I first quit smoking pot I still had long hair and an undercover cop approached me in a coffee shop ...it was really annoying , close to harrassment
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Winston Smith

• friends
  • Cheaper than a locksmith
    • My Photography
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2007, 07:50:54 PM »
I'll be out with my salt and pepper haired father, who from looks alone could be either a cop, rabbi, or psychologist, and we'll get asked if we want pot.

But everyone who tokes that stuff will tell you it doesn't make you stupid.
Jack
APS #22
I'm eighteen years old. I know everything and I'm invincible.
Right?

Gun Runner

• friend
  • Citizens United Negating Tyranny
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2007, 10:19:20 PM »
...charged with conspiracy to traffic in controlled substances within 1,000 feet of a school, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia, Meadows said.

Might as well make it sound as bad as possible.  So they (the "authorities") made sure to set up the meeting point near enough to a school.   

"Yes Ms. Greenfield, please bring a pipe also."  police

I know having illegal drugs near a school will make everyone high so I can understand that.
"I once took the high road and it took me straight to hell, and I stood there all by myself" - III

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2007, 01:10:06 AM »
"Wanna buy some S***?"

"Uh, sure..."

"Would you like some papers with that?"

"Yea, you better give me a couple rolls."

grin
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Art Eatman

• friend
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2007, 03:55:28 AM »
"I didn't know she smoked, until I saw her straight, one day."

Art
The American Indians learned what happens when you don't control immigration.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2007, 01:48:30 PM »
Sorry, didn't mean to crap all over your thread.  It is pretty hilarious.

I did.
 grin
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”