Author Topic: Do you really think he got away at the end?  (Read 1959 times)

zahc

• friend
Do you really think he got away at the end?
« on: February 25, 2007, 06:42:09 PM »
http://www.dumpalink.com/videos/How_To_Outrun_the_Cops-398g.html

Motorcycle attempts to outrun the cops. And clearly is making a sport of it.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

drewtam

• friend
Re: Do you really think he got away at the end?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 06:54:59 PM »
Most sport bikes can hit over 180, nothing short of a military chopper would be able to keep up. If his is modified, goodbye.
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 06:58:49 PM »
The bikes ability to go 180 and the riders ability to go 180 are completely different. That video looks like Ghostrider. He is supposedly a former World Superbike Racer, and has a number of videos on the web, all of them with the same FTP theme, and all of them in Europe.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

zahc

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 07:11:58 PM »
The bikes ability to go 180 and the riders ability to go 180 are completely different.

Even so, he was clearly taking his time. I've never owned or gotten good riding street bikes, but when I have I have never failed to be shocked at how quickly you can make cars traveling 75mph appear to be backing up. I'll never own one, at least not until I'm ready to die. I'd give myself one week.

Well they were driving on the right...what all countries in Europe drive on the right these days?

I suppose he could have gotten serious about it after the end of the video and just gotten gone.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

bedlamite

• friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 07:32:14 PM »
Well they were driving on the right...what all countries in Europe drive on the right these days?

Most of them. IIRC, Britain, Hungary, Czech Republic, and parts of Austria are still on the left.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2007, 08:00:37 PM »
That was great!
I outran the cops once, in Marin County during rush hour, it was easy.
It was on a 1990 FZR 600

If you look close it says "Polis" on the side of the cop car...is that Greek?
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

bedlamite

• friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!

Cromlech

• friend
  • English bloke
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2007, 11:10:33 PM »
This guy also had a go on a turbocharged Suzuki Hayabusa.

Standard Hayabusa:
 Max Speed
    190.2 mph (306 km/h)
0-60 mph (0-100 km/h)
    2.4 seconds
1/4 Mile (400m)
    9.9 seconds @ 234 km/h)
Max Power
    175 bhp @ 9800 rpm

Hayabusa in the video at the end of my post:

499 bhp (work out the rest from that one statistic)

For an example of how fast it is, watch the camera feed from on the other bike, which is going flat out. The Busa turbo wheelies past it.
You would need an F1 car, or maybe an A-10 Warthog to catch this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud_gXPCMUDw

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Felonious Monk/Fignozzle

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2007, 01:10:19 AM »
As many of these vids are out on the web, I have to wonder how many riders have THOUGHT they had the ability to achieve these things, only to wind up ground chuck on the highway.   shocked

Cromlech

• friend
  • English bloke
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2007, 01:13:49 AM »
As many of these vids are out on the web, I have to wonder how many riders have THOUGHT they had the ability to achieve these things, only to wind up ground chuck on the highway.   shocked

Quite a few I expect. The worst offenders are middle-aged 'born again' riders, who hop onto a Yamaha R1, and promptly kill themselves.
When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2007, 01:27:31 AM »
Yup, it's all fun and games till somebody ends up becoming a road pizza.
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2007, 01:58:38 AM »
The bikes ability to go 180 and the riders ability to go 180 are completely different.

Even so, he was clearly taking his time. I've never owned or gotten good riding street bikes, but when I have I have never failed to be shocked at how quickly you can make cars traveling 75mph appear to be backing up. I'll never own one, at least not until I'm ready to die. I'd give myself one week.

I suppose he could have gotten serious about it after the end of the video and just gotten gone.

That's funny....my brother is the most reckless person I know.  He called me after leaving our house one day and told me he put his bike up for sale....he reached that conclusion when he hit 160 on a highway near my house....scared the crap out of himself.....
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

HankB

• friend
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2007, 02:40:42 AM »
Spoke to a State Trooper once at the range - he said he drove one of the department's pursuit Camaros for a while. According to him, when a biker decides to run, he either gets away clean or crashes . . . it's about a 50/50 proposition.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2007, 03:28:44 AM »
I'll just pull over and take the ticket, thank you.

Better to fight in court than fight to live on the operating table. sad
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2007, 03:42:32 AM »
You can't outrun the radio.

If the cops get your tag number, or a solid description, they will catch you eventually.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Vile Nylons

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2007, 06:27:01 AM »
Must be Sweden's too nice to use spike strips, EH?   

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2007, 07:47:36 AM »
I WAS wondering where the rest of the cops were. Why didn't the guy radio ahead? Then that other video of the guy screaming down the breakdown lane and weaving through traffic. It's only a matter of time before the odds catch up to him (or her). That's one thing I've learned being on the road all my life, it's all a matter of odds, sooner or later your number will come up so if you push it you're only stacking the odds even more against yourself.
Avoid cliches like the plague!

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2007, 07:59:17 AM »
You can see that he's toying with the cop.  Also, notice how it wheelies when he gets on the gas.  That cop's got no chance.

Thor

• friend
  • US Navy (retired)
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2007, 08:03:50 AM »
I vividly recall a time when I took a Kawasaki Eliminator for a test drive. (circa 1985) I was rolling down Interstate 8 in San Diego, cruising about 55 when I came up on a car going slow. I kicked it down a couple of gears, opened the throttle wide open and passed the vehicle. When I was done, I got back in that lane and checked the speedo. I was doing 110mph. Scared the hell out of me. I had NO idea I was going that fast until I looked. It was a pretty smooth ride, but I'm glad I didn't buy that motorcycle.
" a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand." - Lucius Annaeus

for Military, Vets, & Supporters, check out:
USMILNET

Conservative Discussion Forum

Creeping Incrementalism

• friend
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2007, 08:20:15 AM »
Once I friend and I were gong down to Palm Springs in a mid-80s Nissan Maxima.  Around where the windmills are at about midnight, we came upon a downhill stretch of freeway that was just deserted in our direction--4 or 5 lanes, with no traffic for at least a mile in front and behind us.  My friend was driving, and we pegged the needle at 130 MPH, and accelerated a little more, before slowing down to 100.  It actually felt slow to be going 100.  Also, every once in a while we would drive 70 mph down residential streets in the middle of the night.  Very dumb, considering that raccoons and dear tend to be in the streets at that time of night.

We don't drive like that anymore,  but my friend sold the Maxima for a truck, and then one time ended up driving to Palm Springs in someone's new car.  Because the ride was so much smoother, he didn't notice how much he was speeding.  Got a ticket from the CHP for 95 in a 65, I believe, and had to appear in traffic court a month later in person.  A six hour drive one-way just to say, "guilty".

BrokenPaw

• friends
  • Sedit qvi timvit ne non svccederet.
    • ShadowGrove Interpath Ministry
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2007, 11:56:51 AM »
I spent a few months in one of the sandier parts of the world, and got used to driving according to local custom.  It turns out that a Honda Civic 5-speed can go exactly 118MPH, and no faster.

Imagine my chagrin when returning to the states, and to my 380ci Camaro IROC, and allowing habit to take over.  The cars on I64 seemed to be going awfully slowly, until I realized that I was cruising along at 110 without even thinking about it...

-BP
Seek out wisdom in books, rare manuscripts, and cryptic poems if you will, but seek it also in simple stones and fragile herbs and in the cries of wild birds. Listen to the song of the wind and the roar of water if you would discover magic, for it is here that the old secrets are still preserved.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2007, 01:26:11 PM »

Only ran from the cops once.  I was testing a cut down HMMWV with a turbocharger and a snorkel kit.  Think it was an up armor, just without the armor.  Anywho, it could move.  It was the motor sarge's personal ride, and he put a lot of work into it.  I think I was going about 110, 115 ish when I noticed the flashing lights in the rear view mirror. 

Well, lemme put it this way.  There ain't a police cruiser around central PA that can go through a plowed field, then across a creek almost 2 ft deep, then up a steep hill. 
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

slzy

• friend
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2007, 01:56:36 PM »
from what i have seen,the "born again" or re-entry riders,or even first timers of middle aged are far more likely to get killed on a harley than an R1 or ZX.

Strings

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2007, 10:14:45 PM »
I have to agree with slzy: when I took the MSF course, the data from the last available year listed 100 motorcycle fatalities: over 50% were on Harleys...