Author Topic: Jealousy and Avoiding Sex Now Officially a Crime in Mexico (For Men Only)  (Read 1398 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
1984, gender specific:

--------------------
http://au.news.yahoo.com/070226/15/12jwa.html

Jealous husbands may face trial in court
MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - Mexican men who display extreme jealousy or avoid sex with their wives could be tried in court and punished under a new law, the special prosecutor for crimes against women told a local newspaper on Friday.

Men who phone their wives every half hour to check up on them, constantly suspect them of infidelity or try to control the way they dress are committing the crime of jealousy, special prosecutor Alicia Elena Perez Duarte told Excelsior newspaper.

Those who stop talking to their wives, avoid sex or try to convince suspicious spouses they are "crazy" even if they are caught red-handed having an affair, are guilty of indifference, she said.
ADVERTISEMENT

Men found guilty of jealousy or indifference could face up to five years in prison, the newspaper said. Mexico's individual states will determine the punishments, it said.

The progressive new law was passed this month to protect women from domestic violence.

In Mexico, about 75 percent of all murdered women are killed by their husbands, Perez Duarte said.

"If we do not stop this from the beginning, it turns into beatings, and the beatings turn into more beatings and rape, until it gets out of hand, and whoops, she died," she told the paper.

Perez Duarte said the law would be a weapon that women could employ to level the playing field with abusive men.

"Men ought not to feel discriminated against," she told Excelsior.

Perez Duarte said indifference, jealousy or lack of love were crimes against women just as much as physical violence.

"Jealousy produces a particular type of stress in the person that comes up against it," she said. "It is exactly the same. They are wounds, psychological scars identical to physical scars."
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TarpleyG

• friend
Re: Jealousy and Avoiding Sex Now Officially a Crime in Mexico (For Men Only)
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 05:51:49 AM »
May as well go ahead and lock up half of them now because just about every Latin male that I have ever met would run afoul of this law at some point or another.

Greg

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 06:06:24 AM »
It's illegal for men to be psychotic and suspicious and jealous, but not for women?

It's illegal for men to withhold sex from their wives, but not for women to withhold sex from their husbands?

Let us hope that the enforcement of this new law is as casual as the enforcement on most other laws in Mexico.

crt360

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 12:23:31 PM »
May as well go ahead and lock up half of them now because just about every Latin male that I have ever met would run afoul of this law at some point or another.

cheesy  Very true.  Most of the women, too.  I've actually been a third party victim of it on several occasions, and witnessed it countless times.  It seems to be a cultural thing that's not going to go away just because they can lock you up for it.

How are they going to enforce it?  Doesn't having your husband thrown in jail for acting jealous seem like a good way to get a beating as soon as he gets out?  The women know that - they're not going to report him.  Who is?
For entertainment purposes only.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 01:03:26 PM »

Jealous husbands may face trial in court
MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - Mexican men who display extreme jealousy or avoid sex with their wives could be tried in court and punished under a new law, the special prosecutor for crimes against women told a local newspaper on Friday.

What's this "avoiding nookie" concept?

(This is because I'm not married, right?)
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 01:23:21 PM »
Rev, sometimes you just want peace over a piece.  Give it a few years, you'll understand.

I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2007, 06:57:54 AM »
I'm sure this will be pursued and enforced with the thoroughness and efficiency for which Mexican law enforcement is reknowned.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2007, 11:20:19 AM »

The nookie is not the part of the deal they avoid. Marriage does not need to be but often becomes a cruel and unusual punishment.

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2007, 02:54:00 PM »

The nookie is not the part of the deal they avoid. Marriage does not need to be but often becomes a cruel and unusual punishment.

Especially if she starts to put on weight....

:runs and hides:
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.