Author Topic: Trump Derangement Syndrome  (Read 2935 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Trump Derangement Syndrome
« on: February 24, 2017, 12:31:16 PM »
It was a joke. Now it seems to be real.

http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-ln-trump-therapists-20170223-story.html

Further proof that the left does not dwell in reality. I'm sure an awful lot of people were very upset when Obama was elected, but ... insomnia? Inability to focus on your work? Need a therapist? I'd say these are people who needed therapy all along, and this is just confirmation.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Trump Derangement Syndrome
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 04:14:35 PM »
Irony alert!

Over the summer, William Doherty, a professor at the University of Minnesota and a therapist in St. Paul, published a manifesto online declaring Trump a unique threat to America’s mental health. More than 3,800 therapists signed it.

Doherty wrote that Trump’s campaign was creating widespread alienation and fear among Americans. Trump was normalizing behavior that therapists fight to reverse, including “the tendency to blame others in our lives for our personal fears and insecurities,”

Isn't it you and your anti-Trump patients that are blaming someone else for your fears and insecurities? And aren't you really describing the "triggering," "micro-aggression" nonsense that was born on the college campuses where anti-Trump sentiment is most heavily concentrated? Are you dishonest, or blind, or both?

Also, we've seen this before:

https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1291&dat=20041106&id=bgMrAAAAIBAJ&sjid=2o4DAAAAIBAJ&pg=4009,1814485

Funny how when the Right is upset with an election, it's because we're racists to be despised. When it happens to the Left, they're victims to be coddled.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 05:49:03 PM »
It was a joke. Now it seems to be real.

http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-ln-trump-therapists-20170223-story.html

Further proof that the left does not dwell in reality. I'm sure an awful lot of people were very upset when Obama was elected, but ... insomnia? Inability to focus on your work? Need a therapist? I'd say these are people who needed therapy all along, and this is just confirmation.
Ahhh . . . just give 'em some Play Doh and coloring books - they'll be fine.

:facepalm:   :rofl:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 06:13:40 PM »
I blame Trump.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 11:04:36 AM »
I blame Trump.

Too late -- that ship already sailed. Find your own straw man.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2017, 06:43:53 AM »
I call it TARDism...

Trump Acceptance Resistance Disorder
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2017, 09:08:54 AM »
Well, here's an example: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/article135064074.html

Navy SEAL killed on a mission in Yemen, a week after Trump took office. Father blames Trump. Mission was planned for months ... under Obama ... and scheduled for that chosen date because of the phase of the moon, which happened to come around after Obama left office. So Trump accepted the recommendation of his predecessor and the professional military planners and gave the mission a go-ahead ... and the father of the SEAL who was killed blames Trump.

Disgusting.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 11:25:40 AM by Hawkmoon »

grampster

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2017, 09:45:02 AM »
"Quote

Over the summer, William Doherty, a professor at the University of Minnesota and a therapist in St. Paul, published a manifesto online declaring Trump a unique threat to America’s mental health. More than 3,800 therapists signed it.

Doherty wrote that Trump’s campaign was creating widespread alienation and fear among Americans. Trump was normalizing behavior that therapists fight to reverse, including “the tendency to blame others in our lives for our personal fears and insecurities,”

Sort of confirms what I have observed and the voices told me about those who practice mental health therapy...they are as nuts as their patients.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

shellyd

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2017, 03:37:25 AM »
Their stress still didn't go away with all the cute dogs and eating play doh?
hahaha

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2017, 09:32:16 PM »
"Quote

Sort of confirms what I have observed and the voices told me about those who practice mental health therapy...they are as nuts as their patients.

The only difference between the practitioners and the patients is the white lab coats.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2017, 10:53:08 AM »
Latest chapter in the TARD festival is the manufactured outrage of Kelly Conway with her shoeless feet on an Oval Office sofa.

Somehow that's the most horrific act ever perpetrated in the Oval Office, FAR worse than Lyndon Johnson banging one of his secretaries or Clinton getting it on with Monica Lewinsky....

In fact, it's far worse than for former president in repose with his feet on the Resolute desk, which as some have pointed out, is an actual historic artifact AND a gift from the UK.

But, to be 100% fair, any number of presidents, Republican and Democrat both, have been photographed with their feet on the Resolute desk.

They should all be slapped for that.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2017, 11:00:16 AM »
They should all be slapped for that.

That's where I am. Kelly shouldn't have done that, but neither should anyone else, and as you said, Clinton did MUCH worse. I'm big on having both a dress code and a behavior code not only in the Oval Office, but the entire business section of the White House. I have to give both Bushs credit for having a professional code of conduct for the White House.

One of the low points that I can remember is when Obama let that 40 year old manboy ride his skateboard down the White House halls.

The progressives don't get to jump on Kelly though, unless they also mention Clinton and Obama. Which they are not doing.

Edit: White House halls, not walls. This cutting my coffee in half experiment this week is not working well.  :laugh:
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 12:30:54 PM by Ben »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2017, 12:10:23 PM »
Oh yeah, let's not forget the ridicule that Bush II took when he made it very clear that no one was to wear jeans in the Oval office.

Chester32141

• friend
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2017, 01:11:38 PM »
I've heard talk that says it was another Trump play where by having Kelly put her unshod feet on the couch the administration was able to get the photos of all the smart and happy Black folks there w/ Trump to go viral ... they never would have gotten any press on the event otherwise ...  :P
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2017, 07:35:48 PM »
I've heard talk that says it was another Trump play where by having Kelly put her unshod feet on the couch the administration was able to get the photos of all the smart and happy Black folks there w/ Trump to go viral ... they never would have gotten any press on the event otherwise ...  :P

I would love to believe that there's someone in the White House that tactically skilled.