Main Forums > Politics

Biden showing more symptoms . . .

<< < (304/309) > >>

Jim147:

--- Quote from: MechAg94 on April 29, 2024, 09:08:02 AM ---Damnation Alley.  Was that the one with the man-eating cock roaches?

--- End quote ---

I think so. It also had the Airwolf guy in it.

HankB:

--- Quote from: MechAg94 on April 29, 2024, 09:08:02 AM ---Damnation Alley.  Was that the one with the man-eating cock roaches?

--- End quote ---
I remember Jan Michael Vincent was in it, but the "stars" of the movie were the "Landmaster" vehicles. (I think only 1 "working" version was made.)

I thought that was really cool running gear - if you got stuck, each triangular assembly of driven tires could rotate and help you "step" over obstacles. In water, it acted like sort of a paddle wheel.  I vaguely remember someone trying to build & sell a MUCH smaller, non-articulated version as an ATV - but it never caught on. Probably too complex, expensive, and high maintenance.

JTHunter:
For its time, Damnation Alley was an interesting movie.
Besides Jan-Michael Vincent, it also starred George Peppard (a Team, Banacek), Paul Winfield (S.T. 2: The Wrath of Khan, Terminator, Mars Attacks!), Jackie Earle Haley (The Bad News Bears), and Robert Donner (High Plains Drifter, El Dorado), and a relatively unknown Dominique Sanda as the girl.
As for the "Landmasters", there is a company making large self-sustaining 4WD vehicles for "off-road/off grid" aficionados.  They are almost as tall as the Landmasters but much shorter and non-articulated.  Can't remember when or where I saw the videos on these but it has been over a year ago.

WLJ:

--- Quote ---eve
@eveforamerica
As a mom of two, I totally recognize this “stance”.
--- End quote ---

https://twitter.com/eveforamerica/status/1786787723757404646

In the comments

--- Quote ---Juanita Broaddrick
@atensnut
As Jill walks away and says, “ I’m not changing it !”
--- End quote ---

:rofl:

WLJ:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page