Author Topic: Michelle Obama: Hispanics shouldn't have to live in fear of immigration raids  (Read 4715 times)

xavier fremboe

• friends
  • All-American Meanie
    • The Shop
By STEVEN K. PAULSON , Associated Press

DENVER - Hispanics should not have to live in fear of raids by immigration agents, Michelle Obama told a Hispanic caucus to the Democratic National Convention on Wednesday.

Her husband, Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama, wants to reform immigration policies and provide illegal immigrants a path to citizenship, she said.

"We would have an immigration policy that brings 12 million people out of the shadows," she told cheering caucus members who shouted "Yes we can" in Spanish.

Hispanics are often the first to suffer in an economic downturn and the last to benefit during a recovery, she said.

She told the caucus that blacks and Hispanics share an interest in providing access to affordable health care, education and economic opportunities for all Americans, not just a select few.

"We all know our country's journey toward equality isn't finished yet. We have more work to do," she said.

Hispanics could play a key role in the November election, especially in the West where the Obama campaign has been courting them.

Researchers say that although Hispanics make up about 15 percent of the U.S. population, about 9 percent of eligible Hispanic voters are registered to vote and only 6.5 percent do vote, a statistic Republicans and Democrats are trying to change.

Raymond Pedraza, a member of the Nevada Democratic Party's executive committee, said Hispanics are flocking to Obama because they feel they share a similar heritage of economic and civil rights struggles.

"He's our story. He has walked in our shoes and he has walked our mile," Pedraza said.

Then what in the name of Pete is ICE there for?
If the bandersnatch seems even mildly frumious, best to shun it.  Really. http://www.cctplastics.com

Manedwolf

• friend
Sorry, Michelle. Only the ILLEGAL ones have to live in fear of that, or they can go home, as they should.

Go back to hating America.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Maybe they watched Cheech in born in East LA one too many times?

Waitone

• friend
Hispanics should not have to live in fear of raids by immigration agents . . .
Why not?  Shouldn't law breakers fear being apprehended by said law?
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
And I shouldn't have to live in fear of the things her husband wants to do to me. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Ms. Obama should come to Wisconsin. Up in the Appleton area there was a public forum about illegal immigration, with many illegal immigrants in attendance, as well as many police. The police chief didn't even try to arrest them. It would be bad form.

MechAg94

• friend
Does that mean she wants fully open borders or does she just want us to enforce only the laws she likes?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Raymond Pedraza, a member of the Nevada Democratic Party's executive committee, said Hispanics are flocking to Obama because they feel they share a similar heritage of economic and civil rights struggles.

"He's our story. He has walked in our shoes and he has walked our mile," Pedraza said.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Is this man a liar, or a vast idiot? 

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
I think Michelle needs to stick to reading speeches off a teleprompter that someone else has written.  Every time she adlibs, like berry, she gets into trouble. 
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

xavier fremboe

• friends
  • All-American Meanie
    • The Shop

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Creo un pinche pendejo.
If the bandersnatch seems even mildly frumious, best to shun it.  Really. http://www.cctplastics.com

Standing Wolf

• friend

Yes.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

mfree

• friend
Useful idiot, as one of Obama's likely tutors put it.

Orange_Magnum

It's like the Obama family wants to ruin America for not being what they wished it be: a corrupt suage where idiots can get ahead.

The Annoyed Man

Only hispanics should be excluded from immigration laws? What about me if I decided to live illegal? Should I, as a white dude have to fear the ICE even more? I call that RACIST!11!!!!!
(No, I don't intend to live illegally in the US)

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
well, michelle, i shouldn't have to live in fear of ATF raids, especially condsidering i HAVEN'T BROKEN ANY LAWS.

i don't like her. i relieze that is a bit of a redudant statement. but still, i just don't like her. i'd rather hang out with hiliary then michelle. and i hate hiliary.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

MicroBalrog

• friend
Michelle implies that famous left-wing accusation - that those who want immigration laws enforced are racist.

Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
Hispanics should not have to live in fear of raids by immigration agents
Why not?
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

Bigjake

• friend
I think Michelle needs to stick to reading speeches off a teleprompter that someone else has written.  Every time she adlibs, like berry, she gets into trouble. 

Absolutely not.  I WANT this woman running her mouth as much as possible in the coming months.  laugh

Hawkmoon

• friend
Well, say what you will, I agree with her. The illegal immigrants should not have to live in fear of being rounded up and deported.

Let's round them up, deport them, and put an end to their fear.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Bigjake

• friend
Well, say what you will, I agree with her. The illegal immigrants should not have to live in fear of being rounded up and deported.

Let's round them up, deport them, and put an end to their fear.

lol.  Damn straight!

onebigelf

Re: Michelle Obama: Hispanics shouldn't have to live in fear of immigration raids
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2008, 04:06:25 AM »
I agree with her.  Ship their butts back to Mehico and then they won't HAVE to worry about raids! police

John