Author Topic: Down goes Ali  (Read 1117 times)

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Down goes Ali
« on: June 04, 2016, 05:57:38 AM »
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

T.O.M.

• friend
Re: Down goes Ali
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 09:46:43 AM »
To say he lived life to its fullest seems an understatement.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 01:46:32 PM »
Aww *expletive deleted*it. We knew it was coming, but he was the champ.

A story...

I knew an HVAC guy working out of Kalamaoo that got a call to a Berrien Springs, MI residence.  Some a.c. or freezer repair.
When he got to the estate, he was met by the lady of the house, shown the problem, and did the fix.  Before he left, who came along to say "Thank You"?
 Yessir, the champ.
He was old, greying, and was pretty punch drunk, but invited Ted him into his trophy room, signed a photo, pulled a couple of punches and was just a GREAT host.

So, I shook the hand that shook the hand...

7-11 was a part time job.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 03:40:25 PM »
Sad. He was one of those famous people who actually seemed to have some real class and the ability to make people laugh even when they disagreed with him.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

grampster

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2016, 03:51:24 PM »
  I always had a great deal of respect and admiration for Ali.  Whether you agreed with him or not, he had his principals and he stuck by them to the point of retribution by the Establishment.  He wouldn't give in.   I had the fortune to be able to watch his career as it played out.  I've got an Ali story too.

My oldest son was in the Audio/Video bidniss back awhile.  He worked for an outfit called Classic Stereo in Grand Rapids.  They had a great rep and Ali had purchased a fairly extensive set up and my son went down to Berrien Springs to install it with his partner.
They had worked all day and hadn't seen Ali.  When they were packing up, suddenly Ali walked into the room and was scowling at them.  He said I could hear you talking in here.  Which one of you called me a *let's not go there*.  Well my son and his partner hadn't been talking about Ali at all except to say it was too bad they didn't get to meet him, so they were both stammering and stuttering and saying no, no, no we didn't say that.  Suddenly Ali let out a huge laugh and started shadow boxing at them and saying that how he "gotcha".  They had a nice conversation, showed him what they had installed and they were sent on their way with a great story.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2016, 07:19:37 PM »
Nice man. Had the pleasure of cooking for him and he was very down to earth and friendly to all the staff at the hotel. Genuinely friendly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2016, 09:35:57 AM »
he was not much of a 'white devil' fan though.  He WAS a draft dodger.  He was a muslim. 
Personally I was not much of a boxing fan, and never was  a Cassius Clay fan.   Living at the same time he was performing is different than reading puff pieces about him after the fact.
Lots of stuff on YouTube about his anti white rants.

• friends
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2016, 12:30:41 PM »
Supreme Court ruled in his favor on that draft thing.

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2016, 12:55:25 PM »
As far as the White Devil thing, Ali wasn't any different than most people who rant and rave in generalities so I never gave much weight to that.  To paraphrase;  let he who is without faults cast the first stone.  Throughout his life, racial stuff never seemed to hold back his genuine feelings and actions for folks who were in need that he came across.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

• friends
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2016, 03:44:54 PM »
And Ali was chummed by Elijah Muhammad . That rhetoric was part of his spiel. Ali saw the light though , sadly after he gave up a lot of cash

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2016, 06:13:01 PM »
Supreme Court ruled in his favor on that draft thing.

Don't much care either way about his draft status but remember the Supreme Court Ruled Against Kelo and in Favor of the US government on the ACA, their rulings are not a particularly valid measure of good Vs. bad.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

• friends
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2016, 06:15:20 PM »
Don't much care either way about his draft status but remember the Supreme Court Ruled Against Kelo and in Favor of the US government on the ACA, their rulings are not a particularly valid measure of good Vs. bad.
I wish what you said was not true. Not a reflection on you but on that sad truth you bring up

JN01

• friend
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2016, 07:40:42 PM »
Regarding his refusing the draft, he stood by his principles and prepared to suffer the consequences for them, including prison if necessary.  He could have run to Canada like many others, but didn't.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2016, 02:17:07 PM »
Didn't the Court refuse to rule on it or rule on some minor technicality to avoid imprisoning him without setting precedent?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2016, 03:37:09 PM »

I don't blame the man for not being a fan of involuntary servitude, which is what a draft is. Just for the government instead of private citizens. I don't see the moral or ethical difference. He had his principles, he refused to back down even after they offered him essentially a no-work enlistment, he didn't flee to Canada, he was willing to take the fall for his beliefs. He was arrested, he was convicted (initially) and he was stripped of his titles. He lost four of his prime years. Can't ask a man for more than that.

In the spirit of little stories, apparently Mr. Ali had a training camp that is literally just up the road a few miles from where I'm sitting. He had it from 1972 on to the end of his career in the 1980s. Which is apparently for sale.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

• friends
Re: Re: Down goes Ali
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2016, 05:05:57 PM »
Didn't the Court refuse to rule on it or rule on some minor technicality to avoid imprisoning him without setting precedent?
Overturned conviction since original court was unclear what/which provision(s) of law he actually violated iirc

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk