Author Topic: Anonymous rickrolls Scientology in London  (Read 6597 times)

O.F.Fascist

Re: Anonymous rickrolls Scientology in London
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2008, 11:07:39 PM »
THey're really good at lawsuit *expletive deleted*it, and they're real idiots. But they're really low on my evil list, considering they do some good, too.

Like what?
Proud Sponsor of the American Military-Industrial Complex

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2008, 11:29:40 PM »
THey're really good at lawsuit *expletive deleted*it, and they're real idiots. But they're really low on my evil list, considering they do some good, too.

Like what?

Like opposing universal mental screening in the US, protecting freedom of religion (By funding high court suits for other NRMs across the globe, and challenging unreasonable involuntary commitment procedures down here in Israel. Just a few things.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2008, 02:37:26 AM »
is narconon an affiliate/offshoot of synanon?

I have no idea.  I do know I really have no faith in either, I have found  AA works best for me.

There is a mod over at THR I've met who seems to have some kind of connection with Scientology, he is a very nice guy & I trust him, however
The ones I've met in San Francisco have the classic vacant cult look and I almost lost a good friend to them at a time she was very emotionally vulnerable.
Thank God she hates science fiction and had studied mysticism deeply as well as other Eastern traditions, when they got to the spaceships and stuff, she came to her senses.

I have read The Sufi's, by Idries Shah
The Upanishads, The Bible, The Koran, The Bhagavad Gita
& Zen and The Art Of Archery as well as Alan Watts.

When you have digested those kind of books (especially "The Sufi's" )
You really have to be wowed by more then Science Fiction, and I am a big fan of Sci Fi.

Back to Scientology, I have heard and read a bunch of stuff about them but aside from the one guy I know, it has been my personal dealings with them that incur fear and distrust.

I must add though that I was impressed by their reaction to 9-11-01 and that whole TV thing they did, very patriotic.

I just would hate to lose family and friends to them.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."