Author Topic: This is a good one - Anti-drug Shinobi  (Read 6587 times)

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
This is a good one - Anti-drug Shinobi
« on: August 22, 2008, 08:41:01 AM »
The Register
Cops in Clifton, New Jersey, earlier this week cuffed two ninja vigilantes dressed in black SWAT-style vests and carrying knives, throwing stars, swords, nunchucks and a bow and arrows, who were apparently on their way to deliver cease-and-desist letters to local drug peddlers, AP reports.

The self-styled "Shinobi warriors" were pulled on Wednesday in a car on Route 46 en route to urge narcotics dealers and users to stop their "impure" activities. Their letter warned that those who refused to see the light would be administered "justified yet, merciful force".*

Tadeusz Tertkiewicz, 20, and Jesse Trojaniak, 19, were charged on a weapons possession rap. Tertkiewicz is "also charged with harassment for a letter left for an ex-girlfriend".

Enigmatically, Trojaniak's father told AP his son was "not a maniac", but rather "only trying to help a friend". ®

Sounds like they were equiped for a pretty good party, yet I imagine the first serious drug dealer would be able to take them...

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: This is a good one - Anti-drug Shinobi
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 08:56:07 AM »
That is some seriously funny stuff.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MrRezister

• I resist. It's what I do.
  • friend
  • Shank, shank, shank mommy's ankles!
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 09:21:49 AM »
Bah, no self-respecting ninja would deliver a letter BY HAND.  Maybe that's what the bow&arrow was for, to shoot it directly into the bad guy's head.

I hope they at least had a cool car to make up for the fact that they got caught by lowly police officers even though they should have been invisible.
He never brought you an unbalanced budget, which is a perennial joke. He never voted himself a wage increase and, to this day, gives back part of his salary every year. He has always voted to preserve the Constitution, cut government spending, lower healthcare costs, end the war on drugs, secure our borders with immigration reform and protect our civil liberties.

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 09:43:42 AM »
They were probably driving a 1974 Gremlin. laugh
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 09:56:21 AM »
I guess the "These are not the Ninja's you're looking for."  mind trick didn't work....... 

rolleyes
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 09:57:52 AM »
Awesome.  Good for them.  Except for the getting arrested part.

MrRezister

• I resist. It's what I do.
  • friend
  • Shank, shank, shank mommy's ankles!
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 10:29:50 AM »
I'm all about accosting known bad guys and telling them you don't want them in your neighborhood, but dressing up in a silly fashion and then getting arrested doing it doesn't reflect positively upon the movement.
He never brought you an unbalanced budget, which is a perennial joke. He never voted himself a wage increase and, to this day, gives back part of his salary every year. He has always voted to preserve the Constitution, cut government spending, lower healthcare costs, end the war on drugs, secure our borders with immigration reform and protect our civil liberties.

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2008, 10:31:08 AM »
Awesome.  Good for them.  Except for the getting arrested part.
Yeah, that's a bit of a bummer.

Umber

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2008, 12:20:42 PM »
Ninjas practice the "art of invisibility", so how did the cops manage to spot 'em?  Some sort of FLIR, maybe... or a device that can detect a ninja's aura? laugh

Good on the warriors for trying anyway.

Umber

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2008, 12:23:35 PM »
I guess the "These are not the Ninja's you're looking for."  mind trick didn't work....... 

rolleyes

Perhaps it did.... those weren't the ninjas the police were looking for.  There could be some headless hats on the ground right now, for all you know. shocked
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2008, 12:35:21 PM »
Any reason NOT to let them go about their business?......

....probably would have had better luck if they dressed as pirates....  grin
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

crt360

• friend
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2008, 01:51:46 PM »
That'll be something to explain to their kids.  I applaud their intentions and give them high marks for their outfit of choice, but seriously?  laugh  laugh  laugh

Teenage Mutant Shinobi Morons
For entertainment purposes only.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2008, 04:07:29 PM »
I think that they lose points for the SWAT style vests.  If I chose to do something like that, I'd be dressed as 100% ninja, right down the the natural fabrics and split toed sandal/shoes.

To the point that the police think I'm a method actor or something.

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2008, 09:12:48 PM »
So these two Polish Ninjas walk into a bar....
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2008, 02:53:25 AM »
Its good to know the police have thier priorites straight.  Arrest some idiots who are only a danger to themselves, or arrest the drug dealers.....oh, I know, it safer to arrest the "ninjas"....
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2008, 06:02:48 AM »
Any reason NOT to let them go about their business?......

....probably would have had better luck if they dressed as pirates....  grin

Because in NJ you can't walk around with throwing stars, swords, and nunchucks.
The knife is fine, the bow is questionable depending on the intended use. They should have said they were going hunting.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2008, 07:41:44 AM »
They should have said they were going hunting.

It's Wabbit season, and I'm hunting wabbits, so be vewy, vewy quiet!
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2008, 07:43:14 AM »
So they had nunchuck skills and bowhunting skills?

Any drawings of ligers?

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2008, 08:31:09 AM »
the only time i ever saw chuks used in real combat was to choke a guy out  great leverage
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2008, 08:56:36 PM »
Its good to know the police have thier priorites straight.  Arrest some idiots who are only a danger to themselves, or arrest the drug dealers.....oh, I know, it safer to arrest the "ninjas"....

I fail to see how the arrest of some weirdos is an indication that the police are doing nothing about drug dealers. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2008, 03:07:57 AM »

I fail to see how the arrest of some weirdos is an indication that the police are doing nothing about drug dealers. 

I didn't hear anyone say that the police were doing nothing about drug dealers....

...although, at least on the Texas/Mexico border and NOLA, the drug dealers pay better than the ninjas.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2008, 04:25:24 AM »
 rolleyes  OK, then, I fail to see how the arrest of some weirdos indicates the police were not willing to arrest the drug dealers.  But I'm sure jamis has some inside info about how these drug runners were across the street openly selling crack during the arrest, while the police ignored them.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2008, 04:54:00 AM »
rolleyes  OK, then, I fail to see how the arrest of some weirdos indicates the police were not willing to arrest the drug dealers.  But I'm sure jamis has some inside info about how these drug runners were across the street openly selling crack during the arrest, while the police ignored them.

What, did Paddy or Shootinstudent get ahold of your login information?
 laugh

Seriously.......
Its just a simple accusation, that the time and effort of actually arresting these tools is a waste of time.  Confiscate the weapons and issue them a summons.  Sending someone to the pokey takes a couple hours out of a cops shift typically, between the trip to the jail and the paperwork.  Seems like a major waste of time that could be spent looking for drug dealers.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2008, 06:07:00 AM »
Alright, then, you win.  Since the police have put together a whole anti-ninjalante task force, it's clear their priorities are askew.   cheesy

OK, I just said that because I wanted another excuse to say "ninjalante."  I can see what you're saying, and I withdraw my previous criticism. 

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2008, 06:24:47 AM »
Alright, then, you win.  Since the police have put together a whole anti-ninjalante task force, it's clear their priorities are askew.   cheesy

OK, I just said that because I wanted another excuse to say "ninjalante."  I can see what you're saying, and I withdraw my previous criticism. 

In most cases, the cops have the option of throwing you in the clink or just issuing a summons for a lesser crime.  I just think they were wasting thier time arresting two future mall security officers, when confiscating the "weapons" and a summons would have done the trick.
JD