Author Topic: Front Sight CCW quiz  (Read 6566 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Front Sight CCW quiz
« on: February 12, 2012, 06:20:41 PM »
I saw the banner ad for Front Sight's CCW quiz on THR, and thought I'd give it a try. I was really disappointed at the questions and the possible answers. I expected more from an outfit with what I thought was good reputation.

The quiz is here: http://www.frontsight.com/landingpg-1.asp?source=psclicks-banner-q2

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: Front Sight CCW quiz
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 06:33:52 PM »
I would not choose Front Sight for training.

They prefer the obnoxious jackass method of marketing.

Piazza is an idiot.

Choose better trainers. Lots of quacks, fakes, and shills in the training world. I prefer more professional outfits...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 06:47:13 PM »
They have also had a sordid history of legal entanglements involving promises vs. reality.

I find the free gun and Billion dollar courses for $12 to smell of marketing hype.

And, yes, Piazza or whatever his name is, seems to be a very preening and self fulfilling clown.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 07:06:10 PM »
I saw the banner ad for Front Sight's CCW quiz on THR, and thought I'd give it a try. I was really disappointed at the questions and the possible answers. I expected more from an outfit with what I thought was good reputation.

The quiz is here: http://www.frontsight.com/landingpg-1.asp?source=psclicks-banner-q2

"congratulations!  Please give me your name and email to get your results"

No thanks.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 07:17:22 PM »
They have also had a sordid history of legal entanglements involving promises vs. reality.

I find the free gun and Billion dollar courses for $12 to smell of marketing hype.

And, yes, Piazza or whatever his name is, seems to be a very preening and self fulfilling clown.

But he is a 4 weapons combat master!  Is that like a Microsoft cert for guns?

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 07:32:45 PM »
But he is a 4 weapons combat master!  Is that like a Microsoft cert for guns?

Can we get the equivalent of the MS Solution Provider Action Pack?  Sign up, pay some money, get a usable copy of everything cool?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 07:44:15 PM »
I got the answers.

Then removed myself from his mailing list.

But not before sending in a strongly worded responce. I hope it actually gets read. Doubtfull but cathardic.
 =D

Glaring bad joo joo's:

#5. He says close non dominate eye. For shooting pistols in defensive training.  :O

#6 He's selling his "three secrets". Yeah, because practice does not make perfect.   ;/

#7. All of above. I'm sorry, but how the *expletive deleted*ck does the fact that you are armed prevent you from having to deal with a situation where you must protect yourself with violent force? I mean sure, it comes in handy when you need to defend yourself, but it doesn't project a magic force feild preventing anyone from attacking you. (this one doesn't even deserve rolling eyes. It's too stupid)

#10. I put shoot to stop, because training for specifics is no no in my book. Pincus (who I really, really like) says train for all circumstances and don't lock yourself down to one, two, three, or one stance or one anything if it could vary in a critical situation (or whatever he calls it) which makes a hell of a lot sense to me.

I also don't like 4. I didn't like the question in the first place, and I really dislike his assumption that it's the always the shooter. My answer to that question is kentucky windage, but since that wasn't an option, I went with adjust sights. It's just another marketing tool.

1, 2, 3, 8, and 9 usually come down to personal preference and while there are some choices are better then others, it varies.

It's bs selling to suckers and makes us look bad.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 07:59:15 PM »

There's your mistake, right there.

Iggy Piazza is a scam artist.

As to his quiz -- I disagree with every single one of his answers. In fact, as far as I am concerned NONE of the available answers could possibly be correct for the question.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012, 08:03:45 PM »
#10. I put shoot to stop, because training for specifics is no no in my book. Pincus (who I really, really like) says train for all circumstances and don't lock yourself down to one, two, three, or one stance or one anything if it could vary in a critical situation (or whatever he calls it) which makes a hell of a lot sense to me.

The problem is, as he said in his explanation, the goal is to shoot to stop the attack -- NOT to stop the assailant from moving. However, I have never heard ANYONE, ANYWHERE, advocate that for minor caliber handguns (which includes 9mm) we should completely forget center-of-mass and shoot for the much smaller head. He didn't even mention what I consider to be standard: two shots to center-mass followed by one shot to the head ... then stop, assess, and be prepared to shoot again.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2012, 08:07:55 PM »
The problem is, as he said in his explanation, the goal is to shoot to stop the attack -- NOT to stop the assailant from moving. However, I have never heard ANYONE, ANYWHERE, advocate that for minor caliber handguns (which includes 9mm) we should completely forget center-of-mass and shoot for the much smaller head. He didn't even mention what I consider to be standard: two shots to center-mass followed by one shot to the head ... then stop, assess, and be prepared to shoot again.

Real gunfighters with kills tend to advocate aiming for the COM. As far as rounds fired, there is no standard.

Piazza has NEVER had to shoot someone...but he has no problem judging those who have or making up *expletive deleted*.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 08:10:56 PM by Avenger29 »

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2012, 08:08:36 PM »
Well the whole how many to shoot is a loaded argument. I'll refer back to Liz and her Pincus comment which is do what needs to be done. Many cop shops now teach shoot to the ground methodologies. I practice general hosery, never really thought of shooting 2 and assessing.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2012, 08:13:18 PM »
Well the whole how many to shoot is a loaded argument. I'll refer back to Liz and her Pincus comment which is do what needs to be done. Many cop shops now teach shoot to the ground methodologies. I practice general hosery, never really thought of shooting 2 and assessing.

There is no standard on how many rounds to fire. Those who have actually been in a fight will usually tell you there is no reliability in counting rounds. You may think you shot two or three rounds but you really dumped the mag into the target or vice versa...

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2012, 08:27:19 PM »
There is no standard on how many rounds to fire. Those who have actually been in a fight will usually tell you there is no reliability in counting rounds. You may think you shot two or three rounds but you really dumped the mag into the target or vice versa...

Pincus advise training in random numbered shot bursts. Double and triple taps. That way when you need to shoot, habit should kick in so you won't shoot till slide lock, but you will be ready to keep shooting if you need to.

Most of his training philosophy is keeping from making dehibilating habits while retaining nessasary muscle memory to shoot under adverse conditions and with adrinaline dump.

Very K.I.S.S.  =) my favorite.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2012, 11:32:45 PM »
Was going to take the quiz but read Liz's response as I was reading through the questions.  The quiz is BS and like Liz said, most of the answers are personal preference. 
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2012, 11:41:53 PM »
Was going to take the quiz but read Liz's response as I was reading through the questions.  The quiz is BS and like Liz said, most of the answers are personal preference. 

Just BS designed to get your email address so the esteemed Docter can spam your email account with Nigerianesque emails

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2012, 11:43:45 PM »
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 12:42:25 AM by fistful »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

grampster

• friend
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2012, 12:01:55 AM »
I disagreed with some of his answers as well.  Also got e mails for a few weeks and then they went away.  shrug.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2012, 01:10:46 AM »
It's all bullshit. It's well known that any Operating Thetan level 3 or higher has no need for firearms.

They're kind of like Neo in the Matrix by that point.
I promise not to duck.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2012, 01:34:23 AM »
It's all bull*expletive deleted*. It's well known that any Operating Thetan level 3 or higher has no need for firearms.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:
I just can't believe it took 17 replies to go there!

DD
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.