Author Topic: I'm not normally one to talk about my real life too much  (Read 6607 times)

Iain

• friend
Re: I'm not normally one to talk about my real life too much
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2007, 11:55:57 PM »
Bob, I'm sorry if I came across as a bit short, I was over-tired last night. Thank you for your continuing concern, I really do appreciate it.

Thanks to crt360 and Ron too.

J.J, - know exactly what you mean. I didn't read your thread again until things really seemed to be taking an upturn here, not sure that I could handle it.

Spoke to my mother just now, she spoke to the night nurse before he got off shift this morning. Things have been ok overnight, they were a little worried that his pupils were uneven, but things do look stable and even a little improved this morning.
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

Lo.Com.Denom

• friend
  • Welcome to my world...
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2007, 02:39:46 AM »
Sorry to hear about your dad, Iain. I don't have any advice to give, but my thoughts are with you.

Lo.Com.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2007, 03:57:21 AM »
Bob, I'm sorry if I came across as a bit short, I was over-tired last night. Thank you for your continuing concern, I really do appreciate it.
Oh no, not in the least. I did not take it that way at all.
I'm glad to here he's a bit more stable this morning.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2007, 10:42:48 AM »
Any updates Ian?
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

mountainclmbr

• friend
  • Sunset, Casa Mountainclmbr
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2007, 11:26:23 AM »
I also was looking to see if there are updates. Hope all is well.
Just say no to Obama, Osama and Chelsea's mama.

Iain

• friend
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2007, 12:57:33 AM »
Things are ok. Some relatives came up to visit so I've been pretty busy. The last two weeks have also caught up with me and I'm really tired.

Dad got moved off step down yesterday, he'd picked up a bit of a chest infection and a possible infection in the csf which slowed things down a little. Nothing serious and they went after it with IV antibiotics. Yesterday and today he has seemed much less tired, doesn't just lie there with his eyes closed, so the headaches are starting to abate somewhat. He's also getting fed up of the hospital which is a good sign.

As far as what caused it - they are saying it was most likely an aneurysm in the base of the skull, and that it was a heavy bleed. Another scan yesterday still failed to locate the source, so they are going to do another one in about week. I think they'll keep looking until things have gone absolutely back to normal in there and give up if they can't find it then.

His own circulation of csf seems to be back to normal, they did do a lumbar puncture a few days ago to look for infection and to relieve a little pressure, but no issues since then. He's very weak, he's going to need rehab/physio to get back to being able to walk any distance and he needs a little help to readjust his position. They are also broaching subjects like work and driving license, we'll have to see what they say about the latter, I suspect he might lose it for a while.
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2007, 02:52:28 AM »
Thanks for the update Iain. I'm continuing to hope for further improvements in his condition. With the exception of finding the source of the bleed, the other problems seem reversible with a little time and care.
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2007, 07:12:10 AM »
Thanks Ian! Glad to hear he's doing a bit better.