Author Topic: DC Appeals Court rules that enslaving black people and strangling puppies is OK  (Read 2289 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
They ruled that Obama violated the Constitution, which is about the same thing.

http://www.npr.org/2013/01/25/170268357/court-rules-against-obama-recess-appointments
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
So, if the USSC rules that Obama did violate the Constitution, can he be prosecuted?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
So, if the USSC rules that Obama did violate the Constitution, can he be prosecuted?

No, that's racist.

And probably "unconstitutional" too.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Perd Hapley

• friend

I don't know, but it should increase his job approval numbers with Democrats.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Is Ken Starr retired? Can we unretire him?

I thought Obama said killing puppies is OK as long as you eat them
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Perd Hapley

• friend

I thought Obama said killing puppies is OK as long as you eat them

:laugh:  Good point.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Getting your hopes up only leads to disappointment.  The GOP won't do a damn thing.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Getting your hopes up only leads to disappointment.  The GOP won't do a damn thing.

ironic is this   sinceit was Republicans blocking his appointments it started all this
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Jamisjockey

• friend
ironic is this   sinceit was Republicans blocking his appointments it started all this

Actually it was Harry Reid's gaveling-in the senate, which Bush didn't violate, and Obama did.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends

Govt officials prosecuted for violating the Constitution?!?  Surely you jest.
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

RoadKingLarry

• friends

Remind me, when did the Republicans last hold the majority in the senate?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Remind me, when did the Republicans last hold the majority in the senate?
1996?  IIRC.   There were still a few Mastodons trodding the countryside back then....... [popcorn]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
1996?  IIRC.   There were still a few Mastodons trodding the countryside back then....... [popcorn]

No.  More like 2004.
Formerly sumpnz

Jamisjockey

• friend
The straight truth about this tactic is that bush appointed far more "recess" appointments.  But when the Senate decided to go pro forma, he didn't violate that.
Interesting that the Democrat controlled senate would continue this tactic against the President of their own party.
And Obama decided to go ahead and make appointments during the pro forma senate sessions anyways. 

But I hold no faith that he will be punished for violating the constitution.
The Boehner run congress doesn't have the stones to impeach.
JD

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
There won't be impeachment, but the appointments will be vacated.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
There won't be impeachment, but the appointments will be vacated.

And all of the regulations issued by the agencies will be invalid and unenforceable. That's a lot.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
This will go to the SCOTUS.  We can no longer count on them to do the right thing.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

slingshot

• friend
I believe they will appeal it and that should take them to the end of the second term.  The man tries to ignore the constitution when he feels like it.  But I guess that is what appeals are all about.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

Perd Hapley

• friend
And all of the regulations issued by the agencies will be invalid and unenforceable. That's a lot.

That's what everyone is saying, but I'd be surprised if the courts don't allow the regulations to remain in effect until a new appointee can be confirmed.

MechAg94

• friend
Does that affect Boeing's effort to open up that new plant?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

grampster

• friend
Didn't a federal judge rule that Obama's shutting down of the oil rigs in the gulf was illegal and he issued an injunction but Obama shut 'em down anyway?  I wonder why we never heard anything more about that?
Ya'll better pray no actual constitutional believing SCOTUS judge dies or retires in the next 4 years.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Perd Hapley

• friend
Ya'll better pray no actual constitutional believing SCOTUS judge dies or retires in the next 4 years.

What do you think half the country's been doing for the past 4 years? Other than looking for work, of course.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
No.  More like 2004.

We're both wrong, it was 2006.. Don't know why I didn't remember that.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

zahc

• friend
I'd be surprised if the courts don't allow the regulations to remain in effect until a new appointee can be confirmed.

Me too. After all, the Ill. gun law was ruled unconstitutional, but the court is letting it (a law that has been ruled to unconstitutional, mind you) remain in effect until they can come up with some watered down version that barely squeaks under the requirement for constitutionality.

I don't trust the SCOTUS to actually strike anything down in the sense of, you know, actually striking something down. I think they have forgot that they can do that.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine