Author Topic: New company popularizes left-wing causes for cash.  (Read 794 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Regolith

• friend
Re: New company popularizes left-wing causes for cash.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 02:45:37 AM »
I thought that was Michael Moore's schtick.

Well, Michael Moore and Hollywood in general. Oh yeah, and vast majority of the news media...
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 07:25:54 AM »
I guess now we need a watch dog web site to track which "causes" are being pushed by a company like this. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 08:06:49 AM »
I thought that was Michael Moore's schtick.

Well, Michael Moore and Hollywood in general. Oh yeah, and vast majority of the news media...

True.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

birdman

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 08:49:43 AM »
In addition, check out "votizen" (founded by a guy I know), that was just bought by "causes".
Same thing, but votizen is direct political campaigning.  Messed up?

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 09:40:00 AM »

Looking over the website, it looks like a way of skimming money from people that support "left causes".

All-Out - LGBT stuff. Trying to make the wogs not cut off gay folks' heads. Good luck, they'll need it.
The Rules - Sold as trying to change laws in other countries to kept alleviate poverty. Could be good, could be bad. If it promoted capitialism, it probably would alleviate property. Probably end up keeping folks in poverty while attempting to promote left friendly policies.
unPAC - Attempting to address corruption here in the US. Good luck with that. My guess, skim money from left friendly corruption (unions) to fight right friendly corruption.
My Rio - Apparently trying to deal with corruption or whatnot in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Hey, if it kicks the Olympics in the johnson, I'm all for it. Maybe looking for protection or hush money from the Olympics?
Global Zero - trying to eliminate nuclear weapons. Good luck with that. Probably just to buy PR cred.
Avaaz - "powerful voice of the world’s people on issues like climate change, human rights, and global governance", in other words it means nothing and does nothing. Best guess, skimming money from serving ads to idiot who click online petitions and think they're changing the world.
GetUp - wants a more leftist Australia.
LivestrongAction - Skimming money from cancer awareness circuit
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.