Author Topic: Puppy-killing magazines - just an idea  (Read 2106 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Puppy-killing magazines - just an idea
« on: February 12, 2013, 10:58:33 PM »
Since ultra-capacity, puppy-killing magazine clips are grounds for banning "assault weapons," wouldn't it be great if gun manufacturers (or somebody) just started making ultra-capacity, puppy-killing magazine clips for every weapon that could possibly accept them? 50-round mags for 1911s; 40-rounders for bolt-action sporter rifles; shotgun magazine tubes that hold 20 rounds.

The magazines would be totally impractical and not sell all that well, I guess. But it sure sounds hilarious to me.

Next idea: over/under, 30-shot, .22 revolver, with the chambers staggered in two concentric circles.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
Re: Puppy-killing magazines - just an idea
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 11:00:31 PM »

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 11:08:15 PM »
Wonder how much that weighs!

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 11:11:00 PM »
Since ultra-capacity, puppy-killing magazine clips are grounds for banning "assault weapons," wouldn't it be great if gun manufacturers (or somebody) just started making ultra-capacity, puppy-killing magazine clips for every weapon that could possibly accept them? 50-round mags for 1911s; 40-rounders for bolt-action sporter rifles; shotgun magazine tubes that hold 20 rounds.

The magazines would be totally impractical and not sell all that well, I guess. But it sure sounds hilarious to me.

Next idea: over/under, 30-shot, .22 revolver, with the chambers staggered in two concentric circles.

"Magazine clips"   :mad: :mad: :mad:  I have come to REALLY, REALLY, REALLY HATE that term!
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 11:15:55 PM »
"Magazine clips"   :mad: :mad: :mad:  I have come to REALLY, REALLY, REALLY HATE that term!

Exactly.  =D

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 11:29:17 PM »
"GunzRevil, and I hate them, so I have no obligation to learn how they work or what the terms mean, despite my ability to wax poetic on the sweeping social implications of pointilist painting, the redeeming aspects of globalist enthno-genderic self-identity classification as a means to socio-demographic harmonics, or the climatic and gastrointestinal benefits of consuming fair trade flaxseed oil."
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 12:09:42 AM »
I have one 30+ round magclipâ„¢ (don't remember the exact capacity) for my BHP, and it looks ridiculous sticking out the bottom.  20-rounders OTOH look OK even though they are also too long.  When CDNN gets 20's back in stock I may buy a few more unless they jack the price way up.
"It's good, though..."

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 12:17:57 AM »

Didn't you guys hear Obama? We are to refer to them as "massive ammunition magazine" now.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 12:35:29 AM »
"massive ammunition magazine"

WANT!

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 12:36:00 AM »
I never listen to obama; he's a bullshitter.  That's worse than a liar because at least a liar secretly acknowledges that the truth matters.  A bullshitter just tells a story with no regard for whether it's true or not (or partially true) -- it doesn't matter as long as it advances his goals.
"It's good, though..."

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 01:00:58 AM »
http://youtu.be/rzqwEP5QC78

[popcorn]

HOLY CRAP!!!  Went to their website, they want $699 for one of those things!!!! 
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2013, 01:10:53 AM »
http://youtu.be/rzqwEP5QC78
OK someone is going to have to explain to me how that thing works.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2013, 01:18:34 AM »
OK someone is going to have to explain to me how that thing works.

My guess is it's a helical magazine.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2013, 01:39:02 AM »
But then how are the rounds pushed through the existing tubular magazine once they exit the add-on helical magazine? You would need some long spring/follower.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2013, 04:51:54 AM »
It's just four tube magazines in a rotary mechanism. As soon as one is empty is snaps to the next tube. To load, shove shells in like normal, and when full, twist the mechanism a quarter turn and continue.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2013, 01:37:28 PM »
Found a close up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AvgLjTehnM of that magazine.