Author Topic: Congressman Cotton: Five terrorists have reached their target on Obama's watch.  (Read 864 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/congressman-five-jihadists-have-reached-their-targets-united-states-under-barack-obama_719094.html

Not sure about all that. 2 of the 5 were thwarted, were they not? Then what about the shooting at LAX, under Bush? The Beltway snipers? The shoe bomber?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Not sure about all that. 2 of the 5 were thwarted, were they not? Then what about the shooting at LAX, under Bush? The Beltway snipers? The shoe bomber?

Which two of the five? Are you meaning the Underwear Bomber and the Times Square Bomber?

If so, you have a different definition of "thwarted" than I do.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Had to refresh my memory on those cases, and I was wrong. More like "thwarted by incompetence," then. Point taken.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MicroBalrog

• friend
If we include a man who injects acid into his underwear and is then surprised to find the experience painful as a terrorist threat, it seems that we are doomed to be constantly facing terrorist threats.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

MechAg94

• friend
If we include a man who injects acid into his underwear and is then surprised to find the experience painful as a terrorist threat, it seems that we are doomed to be constantly facing terrorist threats.
One home-made bomb fails, one succeeds.  How many of the failures do we dismiss before we take it seriously? 

He did at least reach his objective and I do believe it came out that he name was reported as someone to watch for.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge