Author Topic: Army states Catholics and Evangelicals are the same as Al Qaeda  (Read 2089 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
http://www.milarch.org/site/apps/nlnet/content2.aspx?c=dwJXKgOUJiIaG&b=8486699&ct=13059903

Slide 24 of the linked Powerpoint on "extremist groups". Al Qaeda, Hamas, the KKK, and most Christians in America. I laugh when people say we don't have an official state religion in America: of course we do, it's called atheistic secular humanism. And deviation in any meaningful way from its orthodoxy makes you a dangerous potential t'rrist.

On the political side, remember when all those patriotic good ole boys wanted to pass the Patriotic Act so that we could really put a hurtin' on those damn religious extremists? How's that working out for you nominally Southern Baptist motherf***ers now?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 04:05:26 PM by Balog »
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: Army states Catholics and Evangelicals are the same as Al Qaeda
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 04:06:38 PM »
Catholics gave up violence at least 3 centuries ago.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 04:07:45 PM »
Catholics gave up violence at least 3 centuries ago.

Except in Ireland...  But then the Protestants were pretty involved in that too...

At least they mostly stuck to blowing the other up, without involving too many civillians....
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 04:08:48 PM »
Except in Ireland...  But then the Protestants were pretty involved in that too...

At least they mostly stuck to blowing each other up....

Wasn't that more of an Irish vs British thing and not a Catholic vs Protestant thing.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 04:11:28 PM »
Wasn't that more of an Irish vs British thing and not a Catholic vs Protestant thing.

definitely not
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 04:22:53 PM »
Just so someone says it...

One unattributed PPT from (it would appear) PA does not mean "The Army Said it".  It means one soldier said it.  We don't even know if the people getting that brief tore that slide apart for him/her.  (I've seen that happen in a SAEDA brief to a 1LT)

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 04:24:30 PM »
Some *expletive deleted*bag LT puts a slide together.

OMG ARMY HATES CHRISTIANS
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2013, 04:31:23 PM »
Powerpoint Ranger gets low OER for 2013. 

Passed over for promotion to Captain.  Much hilarity ensues...

"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2013, 04:32:34 PM »
You know what, you're right. Official training materials being used to teach our soldiers are a really minor, silly thing. Why in the world would we care what our soldiers are being taught? I feel so stupid for even bringing it up.

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2013, 04:59:09 PM »
You know what, you're right. Official training materials being used to teach our soldiers are a really minor, silly thing. Why in the world would we care what our soldiers are being taught? I feel so stupid for even bringing it up.

That's not what I said. But since one of the things I do is MAKE the aforementioned Official Training Materials I noticed a distinct lack of Context in your story. As well as a pretty large, compleatly unsupported claim in your title. So I mentioned it.

This is so far out of the Army's normal position on this mandatory annual training (which I have personally given to Soldiers) I suspect that the person who wrote it doesn't even wear a PT belt when jogging.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2013, 05:01:50 PM »
Until the Army officially recants, it's the Army's position. And since the FBI and various other fed.gov branches have been trying to say being a white conservative with guns makes you a potential turrist for years, I'd say this is more of a trial balloon to see what they can get away with.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2013, 05:07:13 PM »
From YOUR link:

According to an investigation and reply from the Army Chief of Chaplains office, the training in question appears to have been an isolated incident not condoned by the Department of the Army.

The Army can't recant, because it was never the Army's position.  

ETA:

Quote from: Balog
And since the FBI and various other fed.gov branches have been trying to say being a white conservative with guns makes you a potential turrist for years, I'd say this is more of a trial balloon to see what they can get away with.

I have mentioned twice in this thread that one of my duties is to make and deliver this very bit of mandatory annual training to my soldiers.  So do please elucidate on the conspiracy I am apparently part of.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2013, 06:09:03 PM »
And the Air Force Academy is officially evangelical christian, from some reports that I've heard  =|

:lol:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2013, 06:18:58 PM »

Since there's no attribution,  It's entirely possible this was produced by a cadet or a student at some other service school

I can guarantee you, at any of the numerous NCO development courses I've taken, the battle managers course,, Or OCS, a student giving this presentation would be corrected

I'm really tired of the complete lack of understanding of the military by some members of the board.

I'm in the army, I have proudly served for many years, and I can tell you this is not the Army's official position.

In fact, your own idiotic link says so

How's this for an official position. The army doesn't hate Christians, it hates you

Kindly piss off

I've been to the infantry advanced leaders course, drill sergeant school, And have trained hundreds of troops As a drill sergeant

The link is retarded, and so is anyone who would buy this bullshit
Fitz

---------------
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:

-MicroBalrog

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2013, 06:20:11 PM »
The number of hate groups, extremists and anti‐govt organizationsin theU.S. has
continued to grow overthe pastthree years, according to reports by the Southern Poverty
Law Center.
They increased to 1,018 in 2011, up from1,002 in 2010 and 602 in 2000.

When you start off your presentation by citing the SPLC it can only go downhill from there.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2013, 06:21:55 PM »
I'm guessing it was produced by some ROTC cadet at a liberal school
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2013, 06:42:04 PM »
Since there's no attribution,  It's entirely possible this was produced by a cadet or a student at some other service school

I can guarantee you, at any of the numerous NCO development courses I've taken, the battle managers course,, Or OCS, a student giving this presentation would be corrected

I'm really tired of the complete lack of understanding of the military by some members of the board.

I'm in the army, I have proudly served for many years, and I can tell you this is not the Army's official position.

In fact, your own idiotic link says so

How's this for an official position. The army doesn't hate Christians, it hates you

Kindly piss off

I've been to the infantry advanced leaders course, drill sergeant school, And have trained hundreds of troops As a drill sergeant

The link is retarded, and so is anyone who would buy this bullshit

You're cute when you're bitchy. I guess my time in the .mil doesn't count, please enlighten me O' font of all military knowledge.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2013, 06:43:35 PM »
From YOUR link:

The Army can't recant, because it was never the Army's position.  

ETA:

I have mentioned twice in this thread that one of my duties is to make and deliver this very bit of mandatory annual training to my soldiers.  So do please elucidate on the conspiracy I am apparently part of.

The FBI has repeatedly released training to state and local law enforcement stating warning signs for potential terrorists. One of which is usually "white, male, likes guns, strict Constitutional constructionist."

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2013, 06:44:52 PM »
This is going no where fast.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.