Author Topic: Walmart and Guns  (Read 840 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Walmart and Guns
« on: August 22, 2019, 11:58:08 AM »
Two part topic:

1) Apparently jackass Walmart employees think they work at Google, and are attempting to picket Walmart out of selling guns. If Walmart folds, I am seriously considering avoiding them, even though they are my closest big box now.

2) I love when journalists end up not being able to "buy a gun more easily than buying a book".  :laugh:  I do have to give her credit for reporting that, vs doing a CNN-like cover-up.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2019/08/22/journalist-tries-to-buy-a-gun-at-walmart-dem-narrative-gets-shot-down-in-the-process/

https://www.businessinsider.com/walmart-gun-buying-review-virginia-store-2019-8#overall-the-experience-left-me-with-the-impression-that-buying-a-gun-at-walmart-is-more-complicated-than-i-expected-and-that-walmart-takes-gun-sales-and-security-pretty-seriously-13
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

griz

• friend
Re: Walmart and Guns
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2019, 01:02:32 PM »
I am always amazed that people would rather believe CNN when they spout some nonsense about how buying a gun can almost be done accidentally rather than believe somebody who has Actually. Bought. A. Gun.  Seems a pretty obvious thing to me.  Glad to hear of a reporter doing simple actual research rather than repeating what they fear.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2019, 01:15:07 PM »
Remember the olden days when you could pick up 100 rounds of Winchester white box .45 real cheap at Walmart?

I burned through countless thousands of rounds of that stuff.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2019, 01:40:32 PM »
Heh-heh-hehhhh.  And you moved out of Califorrnia to get away from that kind of bullcrap, eh?

Lemmings gotta picket.  My question is what is going on with those staff members who didn't want to go along with all the knee-jerking.  Did they cave under peer pressure?

Terry

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2019, 02:10:22 PM »
Heh-heh-hehhhh.  And you moved out of Califorrnia to get away from that kind of bullcrap, eh?

Lemmings gotta picket.  My question is what is going on with those staff members who didn't want to go along with all the knee-jerking.  Did they cave under peer pressure?

Terry

From just overhearing conversations when I'm in the sporting goods dept of one of the Walmarts here, the employees seem to be part of our dreaded "gun culture". If Walmart changes policy, it'll be one of those "coastals vs flyover" things, where CA and NY (and middle America big city) Walmart employees mess stuff up for the rest of the country.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2019, 04:35:34 PM »
Remember the olden days when you could pick up 100 rounds of Winchester white box .45 real cheap at Walmart?

I burned through countless thousands of rounds of that stuff.

I went to Walmart.com to check their prices, but they don't show ammo online.  Only BBs and pellets.  They don't show guns, either.

Anyway, GunBot.net is showing prices in the $0.38/round range, which isn't great, but it is better than when Obama was in office.  http://www.gunbot.net/ammo/pistol/45acp/

Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2019, 01:44:21 AM »
Wal-Mart charged her $2 for a NICS check?  ???
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife