Author Topic: Uvalde, Texas elementary school shooting  (Read 24718 times)

cordex

• Administrator
Re: Uvalde, Texas elementary school shooting
« Reply #350 on: June 13, 2022, 09:47:01 PM »
Please explain why Chief Pete Arredondo is still employed.
Public sector unions.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #351 on: June 16, 2022, 08:29:50 PM »
Speaking of Pete Arredondo -- and Uvalde -- There hasn't been any news about the actual shooting, or the investigation, or any updates on exactly what Arredondo did and didn't do for several days. The politicians continue to use the shooting as an excuse to push for gun control, but have there been any updates on finding out how it all unfolded?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #352 on: June 16, 2022, 09:18:33 PM »
Speaking of Pete Arredondo -- and Uvalde -- There hasn't been any news about the actual shooting, or the investigation, or any updates on exactly what Arredondo did and didn't do for several days. The politicians continue to use the shooting as an excuse to push for gun control, but have there been any updates on finding out how it all unfolded?

No.  They have what they need; any actual investigation would probably ruin the narrative.
"It's good, though..."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #354 on: June 18, 2022, 12:40:05 PM »
The optics of this don't look bad at all. Not.

https://www.npr.org/2022/06/18/1106017340/uvalde-legal-loophole-mass-shooting-records?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_term=nprnews&utm_campaign=npr&fbclid=IwAR0IcZKz9BvKBK_hL1FQxYnp_-7RFuX_JRmTKVM5QBSb9yuqgvuvYnRirp0

Yeah, that came out a few days ago. The point is that the city's "brief" is full of "mays" and short on "shalls" and "shall nots." And the exemption only says they are not required to release information, it doesn't say they can't do so.

Cover-up.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2022, 01:42:05 PM by Hawkmoon »

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #355 on: June 19, 2022, 10:48:43 AM »
And now we have this

BREAKING: Surveillance video from inside Robb Elementary School shows that police never attempted to open either of the two classroom doors that housed the shooter-mass murderer and his victims-children/teachers.

— BNN Newsroom (@BNNBreaking) June 19, 2022
    “In the 77 minutes between the time a gunman entered the rooms and massacred 21 people and officers stormed in and killed him," the San Antonio Express-News reported, citing "a law enforcement source close to the investigation."

— BNN Newsroom (@BNNBreaking) June 19, 2022
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/06/19/they-lied-surveillance-video-from-inside-robb-elementary-school-shows-police-never-attempted-to-open-either-of-the-two-classroom-doors/

Now we know why they were trying to keep a lid on the video

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #356 on: June 19, 2022, 12:18:08 PM »
Before we succumb to the propaganda that good men with guns can stop bad men with guns, we have to get the good men to grow a pair.

No, we have to get it into our heads that the "good guy with a gun" can be anyone.  It doesn't have to be someone with a badge. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #357 on: June 19, 2022, 01:49:13 PM »
Before we succumb to the propaganda that good men with guns can stop bad men with guns, we have to get the good men to grow a pair.

When dozens of armed, sworn law enforcement agents stand around in the corridor while a gunman is shooting kids and the kids are lying just beyond the door, bleeding out ... I respectfully decline to categorize those law enforcement officers as "good men." As the late Ann Landers used to say in her advice column, "If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen." Those officers -- every last one of them -- needs to turn in his badge and take a job flipping burgers somewhere.,

S.O.P. for active shooters has been for the first responding officer(s) to go in -- immediately -- ever since Columbine. A shooter attacked a kids' day camp in Dallas this morning -- cops arrived within two minutes and took him out before anyone was shot. That's how it's supposed to be done.

Supposedly there had been an active shooter training in Uvalde within two months prior to the event. Chief Arredondo posted about it -- proudly. So why didn't he and his officers (and the city's officers) follow the protocol? I'd like very much to know what they trained for in that drill.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #358 on: June 20, 2022, 08:25:12 PM »
I'm at the get a rope point

BREAKING: Multiple officers were inside Robb Elementary School with rifles and at least one ballistic shield at 11:52 a.m. the day of the shooting, new video and other evidence shows. They didn’t enter the classroom for another 58 minutes. More soon via @statesman and @KVUE. 1/2 pic.twitter.com/0BcYgq2hcQ

— Tony Plohetski (@tplohetski) June 20, 2022
    Investigators believe this is significant because it indicates they had more than enough firepower and protection to enter the classroom before they did. Officers were growing impatient far sooner: “If there’s kids in there we need to go in there,” one said on body camera video.

— Tony Plohetski (@tplohetski) June 20, 2022
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/06/20/new-video-shows-the-police-response-to-the-uvalde-school-shooting-was-even-worse-than-weve-been-told/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #359 on: June 20, 2022, 08:39:37 PM »
We could have shot him outside, we could have shot him inside but we didn't do a fing thing not a fing thing.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #360 on: June 20, 2022, 09:50:57 PM »
I'm at the get a rope point

I'm at the burn the PD to the ground point.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #361 on: June 20, 2022, 09:53:44 PM »
I'm at the burn the PD to the ground point.

So you want to go the 93% Peaceful route?
- Calvin and Hobbes

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #362 on: June 21, 2022, 08:11:46 AM »
So you want to go the 93% Peaceful route?

Yes, and 7% recycling.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #363 on: June 21, 2022, 09:09:48 AM »
Have any of you seen video from inside the school? 

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/special-reports/uvalde-school-shooting/interior-images-uvalde-police/269-b1be96cb-aa8a-4edc-aa51-d4cbd41382f4
I saw this link, but it just shows an image and reviews the timeline.  The news guy said he saw the video, but maybe it hasn't been officially released.  Interesting that he says at one point officers took fire and back off, but he says it seemed there was never a good effort to regroup and try again. 

I know how things can be when we have process problems or a compressor shuts down at work.  Time can fly by in stressful situations.  I imagine an event like this is worse.  To the officers involved, it may not have seemed like it took that long.  But that goes back to the active shooter training.  I wonder if this event might lead to changes in that training.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #364 on: June 21, 2022, 09:39:10 AM »
All the training in the world won’t help if you don’t have people willing to follow it.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #365 on: June 21, 2022, 11:24:12 PM »
Donut Operator --   Uvalde School Breakdown
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwqfRpU_91A&t=95s

Donut operator does a live stream on the incident.  Starts off with testimony at the state senate hearing on the event by the head of the Texas DPS.  He doesn't sound too happy with what happened.  Just getting started on it myself. 

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #366 on: June 21, 2022, 11:35:03 PM »
Uvalde shooting: Robb Elementary School to be demolished - mayor
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61890558
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #367 on: June 22, 2022, 09:12:47 AM »
Uvalde shooting: Robb Elementary School to be demolished - mayor
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61890558

They should make the Uvalde school system police chief demolish that school.  By himself.  With only hand tools.  It would take him nearly forever, and be a daily reminder for him of how he killed is responsible for the deaths of many of those kids.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #368 on: June 22, 2022, 10:51:29 AM »
Watched the replay of Donut's stream.

Absolutely negligent behavior on the part of the scene commander/chief.  They had seven officers on scene in three minutes.  The chief repeatedly stopped cops who were preparing to storm the room and told them to wait for this or that.  After they had guys in plate carriers, after they had shields, after they had a door breaching tool.  NONE OF WHICH ARE REQUIRED DURING AN ACTIVE SHOOTER.

Multiple exterior doors on the school were unlocked.  The door that had been propped open by the teacher was closed and latched, but was entirely unlocked.  Locksmith says that the lock was operational but the strikeplate was defective meaning that even if it had been locked it would have still opened.

Cop radios did not work within the school (with the exception of border patrol's).

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #369 on: June 22, 2022, 11:57:04 AM »
And apparently their recent "active shooter training/drill" did not actually look at any of those technical details. 

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #370 on: June 22, 2022, 01:35:10 PM »
My wife and I were watching the NBC news the other night about the doors being unlocked, video of equipped officers with rifles and shields in the corridor, etc.  I commented to her that just when I thought the police response could not look any worse, I am proven wrong.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #371 on: June 22, 2022, 02:35:10 PM »
just when I thought the police response could not look any worse, I am proven wrong.

EVERY damned "update" that comes out makes them look worse.

While I DO NOT advocate someone taking their own life, there are a handful of people involved in this travesty that really should consider it as their best option.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #372 on: June 22, 2022, 02:55:26 PM »
Saw where one of the teachers that died called her husband, who is a cop, to say she’d been shot and was dying.  Cops on scene prevented him from rescuing his wife, disarmed and detained him.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #373 on: June 22, 2022, 03:22:57 PM »
Saw where one of the teachers that died called her husband, who is a cop, to say she’d been shot and was dying.  Cops on scene prevented him from rescuing his wife, disarmed and detained him.
Steven Crowder talked about it quite a bit on his show today.  He mentioned that.  I hadn't heard that until recently. 

I think there are a few cops that need to never talk to that officer ever again.  Might want to find another place to work. 

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #374 on: June 22, 2022, 03:54:06 PM »

Yeah, saw that story. It's bad, extra bad. Can't imagine what I'd be doing if I were in his shoes now. Several things come to mind, none of which I will post to this (or any) forum.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB