Author Topic: IF THIS MOM HAD SHOT THE JUDGE, I’d consider that fair  (Read 760 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
IF THIS MOM HAD SHOT THE JUDGE, I’d consider that fair
« on: February 25, 2011, 07:30:46 AM »
So says Glen Reynolds:
http://pajamasmedia.com/instapundit/115690/
about the "kids for cash" judge and the mother of one of the kids:
http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/115477/20110223/kids-for-cash-judge-ciavarella-called-scumbag-by-grieving-mom.htm

I must agree.

Another victory in the War on Drugs.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: IF THIS MOM HAD SHOT THE JUDGE, I’d consider that fair
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 07:58:04 AM »
Another victory in the War on Drugs.

While I will grant the War on Drugs is a big part of this, the judge was throwing the book under the lightest of pretenses at children in exchange for cash.

Lot of Pennsylvanians are not happy.  He ruined hundreds, if not thousands, of kids' lives.  They had parents, siblings, relatives and friends.  If I was the former judge in question, I'd be begging to be locked in Protective Custody so that one of wrongly imprisoned kids doesn't beat me to death.   It'd be really, really hard to find an impartial jury OR judge.  Or corrections officer, as there is a chance one of those kids is now serving in regular prison.  I know a bunch of them too.  They can hesitate for a fraction of a second if they're so inclined, and that's all the time that's needed. 

The better judges I know are royally unhappy because of the betrayal of justice.  Of children, no less.  I'm sure Chris, if he wasn't such a polite fellow, would be hopping up and down cursing the guy's soul to external damnation as well.  The less, uh...  "quality" judges are upset that they're going to have a very very bright spotlight on them for at least a couple years. 

"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: IF THIS MOM HAD SHOT THE JUDGE, I’d consider that fair
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 08:18:50 AM »
Calling for the shooting of the judge?   :facepalm:
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”