Author Topic: US service member detained for allegedly shooting Afghan civilians  (Read 18530 times)

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Re: US service member detained for allegedly shooting Afghan civilians
« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2012, 02:04:12 PM »
The financial fraud thing and other issues make me wonder if the sum total of his problems from civilian life and deployments, and bad morale had him expecting insurgents behind every stone...  he was looking for "suicide by Taliban". And could take it out on a few of them, and then also die a "hero".

Not finding any willing to trade fire with him, it somehow went sideways on him and he instead winds up shooting all these women and children?

I understand these people don't have phones or 911, andbut how did he get to do this in two different villages? I guess "two villages" could be just two clusters of houses within sight of each other. Not as if I have a map or any knowledge of the area. 

Were there other shooters on a "revenge mission" as suggested, and he was the fall guy?

It could all be the reporting of the situation, and journalists inserting whatever "reasonable speculation" in their minds, and it piles up, in the absence of official information. But it does smell awfully funny.

I promise not to duck.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #76 on: March 22, 2012, 05:00:46 PM »
But it does smell awfully funny.

Just now comng to that conclusion?

OK, that really was uncalled for.  I apologize.  But I am not withdrawing it.  Maybe what I need to do is direct it elsewhere.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #77 on: March 22, 2012, 09:57:27 PM »
A friend of mine sent me an email that made the following observation:

After reading about the US soldier who shot up Afghanistan civilians, I couldn’t help noticing an irony. There is all this clamor to try this guy quickly and execute him, never mind his having suffered a traumatic brain injury. Yet this Major Hasan, who shot up Fort Hood while screaming Allah Akbar, still hasn’t stood trial, and they are still debating whether he was insane, even with the clear evidence regarding his motive: slay as many infidels as possible. So we have a guy in a war zone who cracks, and he must be executed immediately. But this Muslim psychiatrist who was stateside in a nice safe office all day murders 13, wounds 29 of our own guys, and they try to argue the poor lad suffered post-traumatic stress syndrome, from listening to real soldiers who had actual battle experience. Two and a half years later, they still haven’t tried the murderous bastard.

OK, it's actually the Afghans who are demanding a prompt execution. But it's looking more and more like the soldier who killed Afghans is going to be prosecuted far more quickly - and perhaps more vigorously - than Major Nidal Hasan who killed Americans.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #78 on: March 22, 2012, 10:31:00 PM »
^^^^Now isn't that a very good point.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.