Author Topic: ooooh, looks like a big win in Texas  (Read 655 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
ooooh, looks like a big win in Texas
« on: August 27, 2022, 01:48:31 AM »
 Constitutional carry did not allow for under 21 carry, seems like the NYSRPA/Bruen is really changing things hahahahah
 this is awesome , it seems as if the kids are allowed to defend themselves now, or will be ( ianal )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR7lqugwp-4

Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Pb

• friend
Re: ooooh, looks like a big win in Texas
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2022, 09:15:19 AM »
Fantastic!

Next- the ban on 18-21 year olds buying pistols? 

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2022, 02:54:31 PM »
Considering the way Bruen was written, there were no reason for the judge to stop at 18.  I doubt there were many restrictions on minors at the time the 14th Amendment or the 2nd Amendment were ratified.  Then again, those restrictions are probably from other laws than the one in question. 

Sounds good to me.

The lady spoke at my gun range annual meeting a few years ago.  Pretty good talk. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Pb

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2022, 08:00:18 PM »
True.

The early militia acts in the USA required able bodied men 18 to 44 years of age to own musket, bayonet and ammunition.... so 18 year olds should definitely be allowed to buy and own handguns.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2022, 08:24:39 PM »
True.

The early militia acts in the USA required able bodied men 18 to 44 years of age to own musket, bayonet and ammunition.... so 18 year olds should definitely be allowed to buy and own handguns.

Yes, the version of the Militia Act that is currently in federal law sets the lower age limit at 17 years. 10 U.S. Code 246:

https://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?req=granuleid:USC-prelim-title10-section246&num=0&edition=prelim

(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
(b) The classes of the militia are—
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

So all able-bodied males between the ages of 17 and 45 who are not in the National Guard or the Naval Militia are members of the unorganized militia -- whether they know it or not. I suspect that some liberal heads would explode if they ever learned that they are the militia.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2022, 08:36:35 PM »

So all able-bodied males between the ages of 17 and 45 who are not in the National Guard or the Naval Militia are members of the unorganized militia -- whether they know it or not. I suspect that some liberal heads would explode if they ever learned that they are the militia.

<nyuck-nyuck-nyuck>  =D

https://youtu.be/AKtwlHV1-O8 (0.06)
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2022, 04:09:58 PM »
I did not know that Hawkmoon!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2022, 10:22:28 PM »
How long before they try to tell us that once we hit 45 we have to give up our firearms?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2022, 10:39:44 PM »
How long before they try to tell us that once we hit 45 we have to give up our firearms?

Don't give them any ideas.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.