Author Topic: Let the Beclowning Continue !!!  (Read 2247 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Let the Beclowning Continue !!!
« on: January 26, 2017, 09:25:41 PM »
First we have Lindsay Graham.  Apparently he's upset that Trump may raise the prices (via tariffs) on cheap Mexican booze.

http://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2017/01/26/tariffs-on-crucial-imports-like-tequila-make-sen-lindsey-graham-mucho-sad/

Bonus beclowning in the links about him working at a bar in Denver before one of the first republican presidential debates.

Then Buzzfeed goes after Trump, again, and not only proves his point, but misses their mark.

http://twitchy.com/sd-3133/2017/01/26/brutal-to-watch-buzzfeed-tries-to-bust-trump-beclowns-itself-again/

Do you even journalism??

Further posts as events warrant, and they will.

The funny thing is the MSM is so desperate to "get" Trump that they continue to fling everything against the wall in the hope that something sticks.   They don't get it that the old rules don't apply anymore.  Trump doesn't play their game.     And the more they attempt to make every trivial matter (and many that don't even rate that) into some kind of impeachable offense, the more they prove his assertion that media is lazy and dishonest.   Anyone watching can see that Trump has gotten more unfavorable press in 6 days then Obama did in 8 years.

Yet, if anything, it just makes his supporters more determined, while driving the left to further heights (lows?) of Batcrap craziness.

This truly is the gift that keeps giving, and the more BCC the American people see, the more they are repulsed by it...
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

freakazoid

• friend
Re: Let the Beclowning Continue !!!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 11:25:24 PM »
First we have Lindsay Graham.  Apparently he's upset that Trump may raise the prices (via tariffs) on cheap Mexican booze.

http://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2017/01/26/tariffs-on-crucial-imports-like-tequila-make-sen-lindsey-graham-mucho-sad/

Bonus beclowning in the links about him working at a bar in Denver before one of the first republican presidential debates.

Then Buzzfeed goes after Trump, again, and not only proves his point, but misses their mark.

http://twitchy.com/sd-3133/2017/01/26/brutal-to-watch-buzzfeed-tries-to-bust-trump-beclowns-itself-again/

Do you even journalism??

Further posts as events warrant, and they will.

The funny thing is the MSM is so desperate to "get" Trump that they continue to fling everything against the wall in the hope that something sticks.   They don't get it that the old rules don't apply anymore.  Trump doesn't play their game.     And the more they attempt to make every trivial matter (and many that don't even rate that) into some kind of impeachable offense, the more they prove his assertion that media is lazy and dishonest.   Anyone watching can see that Trump has gotten more unfavorable press in 6 days then Obama did in 8 years.

Yet, if anything, it just makes his supporters more determined, while driving the left to further heights (lows?) of Batcrap craziness.

This truly is the gift that keeps giving, and the more BCC the American people see, the more they are repulsed by it...

Note to self, stock up on tequila.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 11:29:42 PM »
I don't know how much they really tried to make out of it, but I think several news outlets noted that the failed to turn around and wave before going through the hatch into Air Force One.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 12:06:46 AM »
I saw that, I also heard that the entire White House Press corps proceeded to clutch their pearls and run towards the fainting couches.  Failing to wave before boarding AF1 is apparently an impeachable offense.   ;/ ;/

Note to self, stock up on tequila.

A)  Class Six
B)  Aren't you still in Japan ??   Try the Saki.  All of it.
C)  Do they still have Ration cards for booze and cigarettes ??   I think I still have at least one of mine from when I was in Germany.   IF so, then max that puppy out.

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 02:07:13 AM »
I saw that, I also heard that the entire White House Press corps proceeded to clutch their pearls and run towards the fainting couches.  Failing to wave before boarding AF1 is apparently an impeachable offense.   ;/

Indeed:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/23/politics/obama-coffee-cup-salute/index.html

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2017, 06:20:00 AM »
I thought the full court press to get Bush was bad, but this is getting out of hand.

It's getting to the point of some of the "reporting" done by factionalist newspapers in the early 1800s, and that was some seriously bad *expletive deleted*it.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2017, 06:55:44 AM »
Indeed:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/23/politics/obama-coffee-cup-salute/index.html

Wasn't there another incident, when Obama failed to salute at all and the pilot wouldn't take off until Barry went back outside and acknowledged the Marine at the foot of the steps?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYjJD0nVxYQ
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2017, 08:02:12 AM »
A)  Class Six
B)  Aren't you still in Japan ??   Try the Saki.  All of it.
C)  Do they still have Ration cards for booze and cigarettes ??   I think I still have at least one of mine from when I was in Germany.   IF so, then max that puppy out.

Class six?
Yup. I've been trying different things at times. :)
No. What was it used for? Free booze?
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2017, 08:15:41 AM »
Wasn't there another incident, when Obama failed to salute at all and the pilot wouldn't take off until Barry went back outside and acknowledged the Marine at the foot of the steps?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYjJD0nVxYQ

Actually it was Reagan who started the tradition of Presidents returning the salute.  Before him it wasn't done.

Class six?  Military liquor store, cheap booze
Yup. I've been trying different things at times. Smiley
No. What was it used for? Free booze?  Back in the day overseas military were rationed one the amount of booze and cigarettes they could purchase on base.  Started going away in Korea back in the early 90's.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2017, 08:31:45 AM »
Actually it was Reagan who started the tradition of Presidents returning the salute.  Before him it wasn't done.

I didn't know that. So it's just a tradition, rather than a formal protocol?

hmmm: http://www.texasgopvote.com/military-salute/it-proper-president-render-military-hand-salute-002816

It still speaks loudly about Obama's disdain for ordinary people that he would (sort of) salute with a coffee cup in his hand. IMHO that's worse than not saluting at all. But that's exactly what I would expect from Barry -- he had no respect at all for anything American. Thank G-d his term of office is finally finished and we're rid of the jerk. We survived, but just barely.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2017, 10:26:41 AM »
What would be the protocol for a President who hasn't served in the armed forces.  I would think a bad salute is worse than none.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2017, 10:33:38 AM »
I thought the full court press to get Bush was bad, but this is getting out of hand.

It's getting to the point of some of the "reporting" done by factionalist newspapers in the early 1800s, and that was some seriously bad *expletive deleted*it.
1.  The quality of journalism has dropped off even from 2001. 
2.  The people who claim to be journalists are actually emotionally distraught and unable to control their vitriol.  I think with Bush it was just a strategy.
3.  Mainstream journalists are even more distrusted and laughed at now than they were in 2001. 
4.  With Facebook and Twitter (etc...) just about everyone also sees more conservative people and friends laughing at the foolish stuff being reported.  So even if 100% of mainstream reporting is aligned against Trump, it is a smaller percentage of what people see than it used to be. 
5.  IMO, the media is also realizing that #1 through 4 are true and is doubling down because they are arrogant enough they can't admit to themselves they might be wrong or the normal Americans might disagree. 

I am waiting to hear them talk about the Silent Liberal Majority or something.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2017, 10:44:47 AM »
Actually it was Reagan who started the tradition of Presidents returning the salute.  Before him it wasn't done.

I remember that - and Ronnie was criticized by some on the left since he wasn't "in uniform" when he returned the salute.

The response was "He's the Commander-in-Chief, so he can return a salute any time he wants no matter what he's wearing."
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2017, 12:08:33 PM »
What would be the protocol for a President who hasn't served in the armed forces.  I would think a bad salute is worse than none.

If you're going to salute take the time to do it right or don't do it at all.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2017, 12:30:03 PM »
What would be the protocol for a President who hasn't served in the armed forces.  I would think a bad salute is worse than none.

Prior service (or lack of) really doesn't enter into it. He's not saluting for old time's sake, but because he's their current commander-in-chief. I have a hard time understanding how pre-Reagan presidents would fail to return a salute, especially since so many of them had the military background to know how salutes work. Seems like common courtesy. Don't leave a brotha hangin.

As for the coffee cup salute, isn't the C-in-C basically an officer? Officers give all kinds of rubbish salutes. I was more worried about him not knowing how to pronounce "corpsman."
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2017, 02:26:20 PM »
Quote from: MechAg94
What would be the protocol for a President who hasn't served in the armed forces.  I would think a bad salute is worse than none.

If you're going to salute take the time to do it right or don't do it at all.

Agreed. A salute is an indication of respect. A return salute is supposed to be an indication of shared, mutual respect, not an indication of "Yeah, yeah, whatever."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2017, 02:28:19 PM »
As for the coffee cup salute, isn't the C-in-C basically an officer? Officers give all kinds of rubbish salutes. I was more worried about him not knowing how to pronounce "corpsman."

They're the dudes who carry the coffin at military funerals, aren't they?

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2017, 06:34:32 PM »
The response was "He's the Commander-in-Chief, so he can return a salute any time he wants no matter what he's wearing."

This; given the lack of regs defining it, he can pretty much declare his birthday suit to be included among the valid uniforms of the Presidency if he wants to.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2017, 08:19:10 PM »
More about that salute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjL__Cj0ZDk

"A salute is the highest level of respect you can display to another person."

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2017, 10:00:59 PM »
In regards to the saluting, I'm seeing fistfuls point, especially when it comes to Presidents with military background and I'd also point out that documentation would also be a factor. Reagan was photographed. Someone like, say Grant, wouldn't have been randomly photographed while out and about.
For a long time, unless someone thought to write it down, something like the President returning a salute just wouldn't have been documented.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2017, 04:01:32 PM »
In regards to the saluting, I'm seeing fistfuls point, especially when it comes to Presidents with military background and I'd also point out that documentation would also be a factor. Reagan was photographed. Someone like, say Grant, wouldn't have been randomly photographed while out and about.
For a long time, unless someone thought to write it down, something like the President returning a salute just wouldn't have been documented.

Grant also wasn't getting on and off of various aircraft flown by the military.

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2017, 04:12:34 PM »
Grant also wasn't getting on and off of various aircraft flown by the military.

Yeah, but there had to have been some junior officers or some such running about who may have been inclined to salute the commander in chief and the hero General of the Union.

Although, Grant probably isn't the best example, now that I think about it. I don't think he was that inclined to do the pretty when he was still in the Army and I highly doubt he'd put down a cigar in order to properly return a salute.  :rofl:
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2017, 04:53:33 PM »
Washington Post admits they don't do journalism under a D administration:

http://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2017/01/28/whoops-wapos-glenn-kessler-explains-difference-between-obama-trump-bans-accidentally-indicts-msm/

And the New York Times doesn't do research.  Unless Twitter is considered "Research".  (They also appear to be incapable of using Google.)

http://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2017/01/28/doh-ny-times-wh-correspondent-asks-for-fact-check-on-terrorism-claim-tweeters-oblige/

And you wonder why more and more people distrust the MSM ??

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.