Author Topic: New meme for Trump  (Read 703 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
New meme for Trump
« on: January 31, 2017, 03:58:45 PM »
"It's Obama's fault!"

http://www.vocativ.com/397897/travelers-affected-by-trump-ban-forced-to-unlock-phones-computers/

The SJWs are all getting their knickers in a twist over CBP scrutiny of cell phones and computers. Buuuuuuut:

It all started under Obama!

Trump’s order, which has spurred massive protests across the country since going into effect on Friday, has emboldened a controversial form of interrogation that started in the final days of the Obama administration. Last December, U.S. Customs and Border Patrol began asking some visitors and legal residents to provide information about their social media accounts, using a new field added to forms normally filled out when entering the country. Civil rights organizations slammed the move as threatening to free expression and ripe for abuse, but officials at the time said that providing that information was optional.

This on top of the fact (not being discussed my the lamestream media) that the seven countries covered by Trump's Executive Order weren't chosen at random, they were countries already singled out for action under Obama.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

dm1333

• friend
Re: New meme for Trump
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 06:07:37 PM »
I've got mixed emotions on this expansion of border searches.  Part of me, more than half, says "hell no!", but the other part says this isn't much different than searching through everything on a vessel entering our waters.  It does piss me off to hear about CBP officers acting the way they allegedly have.  Searching is one thing but being an a**hole isn't necessary.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 09:36:57 PM »
I don't have mixed emotions. If someone has a visa or a green card (or is entering from a country for which we don't require visas), computers and cell phones should not be subject to search beyond turning them on to ensure they compute rather than go Boom. Anything more should require a warrant, signed by a judge after a showing of probable cause.

My point wasn't to approve of the searches, but to point out that the protocol was started by Mr. Hope and Change himself.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 10:09:18 PM »
I don't have mixed emotions. If someone has a visa or a green card (or is entering from a country for which we don't require visas), computers and cell phones should not be subject to search beyond turning them on to ensure they compute rather than go Boom. Anything more should require a warrant, signed by a judge after a showing of probable cause.

My point wasn't to approve of the searches, but to point out that the protocol was started by Mr. Hope and Change himself.
Understood and agreed. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2017, 10:09:55 PM »
I've got mixed emotions on this expansion of border searches.  Part of me, more than half, says "hell no!", but the other part says this isn't much different than searching through everything on a vessel entering our waters.  It does piss me off to hear about CBP officers acting the way they allegedly have.  Searching is one thing but being an a**hole isn't necessary.
As long as we are talking about National Borders and not state borders or random searches, I can live with it. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge