Author Topic: Meet rhe new boss, same as the old boss...?  (Read 989 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Meet rhe new boss, same as the old boss...?
« on: February 03, 2017, 10:16:53 AM »
On Drudge this morning,

Trump to impose sanctions on Iran over missile test, Gen. Flynn puts them "on notice".

UN Ambassadress Haley condemns Russian aggression in Ukraine.

Trump tells Israel to stop new settlements. He wants to broker peace deal.

A Seal Team loses a soldier in an action against al Quada that also purportedly killed a bunch of civilians.

From what I gather Iran is not forbidden by any agreements or UN diktats from testing missiles. The mess in Ukraine is in large part due to our attempts to "westernize" Ukraine. The Israel/Palestinian issue is a tar baby, why willingly wade into that mess? The raid against legitimate targets may be fine but it feeds the narrative of same ol same ol... Americans killing "innocent" Muslims.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Meet rhe new boss, same as the old boss...?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 10:29:12 AM »
The headline I see on Israel is "TRUMP WARNS ISRAEL: STOP ANNOUNCING NEW SETTLEMENTS".
“I think it’s designed to chill some of the exuberance of those on the Israeli Right who think they have a blank check,” Dennis Ross, a senior Middle East diplomat and veteran of the George H.W. Bush, Clinton and Obama administrations, told the Post. “I think that exuberance got their attention. I just don’t think they want any announcements that will surprise them, and they’re still in the process of formulating what their policy is going to be.
In other words, stop stirring things up until we get our plans together. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 10:43:34 AM »
I don't disagree with you, but I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that all is the same. 

I have heard part of the issues in the Ukraine is also we were supporting Anti-Russian groups in the past.  If we are going to start messing around in the back yard of other major powers, we are going to have issues.  I understand Russia is trying to keep all its neighbors under its thumb, but we are far away and can't and shouldn't try to help everyone. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 10:51:36 AM »
The headline I see on Israel is "TRUMP WARNS ISRAEL: STOP ANNOUNCING NEW SETTLEMENTS".In other words, stop stirring things up until we get our plans together. 
The headline in today's local rag: "TRUMP SHIFTS, TAKES OBAMA FOREIGN POLICY."

Of course, in the same issue the local rag's coverage of the repeal of Obama's Social Security gun ban emphasizes that Trump and the evil GOP want to arm the mentally impaired, and include several paragraphs rehashing the Newtown, CT school shooting, which was committed by a "mentally impaired" individual. As if it's the same thing. :facepalm:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 11:28:40 AM »
This is something new I hadn't seen.  Apprently not a Trump Admin initiative either.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertwood/2017/02/02/another-travel-ban-irs-moves-to-revoke-passports-for-unpaid-taxes/#2e1c386640fb
Another Travel Ban: IRS Moves To Revoke Passports For Unpaid Taxes

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 11:40:49 AM »
Dennis Ross, a senior Middle East diplomat and veteran of the George H.W. Bush, Clinton and Obama administrations

And now you see the problem with the government.  Doesn't matter who is "in charge" the men and women behind the curtain remain the same.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Chester32141

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2017, 11:55:44 AM »

No official position. None. But Trump told “Israel to hold off.”

English is hard. So are facts, apparently.

http://legalinsurrection.com/2017/02/nyt-misreports-trumps-statement-on-israel/
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2017, 12:05:56 PM »
No official position. None. But Trump told “Israel to hold off.”

English is hard. So are facts, apparently.

http://legalinsurrection.com/2017/02/nyt-misreports-trumps-statement-on-israel/

On April 15th, 1912, the morning the R.M.S. Titanic sank after its misguided attack on a helpless iceberg, a prominent Chicago paper ran the headline; "ALL SAVED FROM TITANIC DISASTER."
I find it heartwarming that the tradition of accuracy in reporting continues today in our even more highly advanced cybertech world. [tinfoil] [popcorn]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2017, 01:50:57 PM »
Why let facts get in the way of trumping the other guy with a story.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!