Author Topic: Breathe, AD... Breathe..... (budget aneurysm)  (Read 3071 times)

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
Breathe, AD... Breathe..... (budget aneurysm)
« on: May 16, 2012, 05:29:57 PM »
So, just came across a news piece about how Obama's budget got rejected unanimously in the senate.  Apparently the R's forced a vote by pushing it to the floor.  Ok, yeah, whatever. that's not what caused the aneurysm....

Nope, it was the talk of what was in the budget.....   I think it was by 2022, Obama's budget would have generated an additional 6.4 TRILLION in deficit....   Even that wasn't what caused the apoplectic fit I'm having right now...

Nope, it was the R's budget.   You see, it only proposed an additional 3.1 TRILLION DOLLARS IN DEFICIT OVER THE SAME [CENSOREDCENSOREDCENSOREDCENSOREDCENSORED] TIME FRAME.

Why the [censoredcensored] do we let these [censored] keep doing the [censored] same [censored] thing to us every [censored] time?????  Why isn't the whole [censored] country having a conniption over what they're talking about over there?

Oh yeah.  There's a new season of Survivor: Idol with the Stars! on.....   

[CENSORED!!!!!]
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

brimic

• friends
Re: Breathe, AD... Breathe..... (budget aneurysm)
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 05:44:22 PM »
That's why I' not very enthusiastic about romney- he's going to be obama-lite.
Another obama term might mean the reset button gets pushed while I'm still young.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 05:49:42 PM »

AD, if I ever meet you, I'll shake your hand. Welcome to the club that now FULLY understands that both parties are economically functionally identical. Just vary in a bit velocity, depending on who is POTUS.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 05:53:27 PM »
Is driving off a cliff at 50mph better than driving off a cliff at 100 mph ???

Cheer up - I don't think the USSA is going to make it to 2022  :lol:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 05:57:09 PM »
oh, i've been in that club for a while now.   It's just the fact that it's not even hidden anymore that boggles the mind.

To quote LawDog, "What would I do if I were elected President...."

Granted, it'd be more like "what would I do if I were elected Dictator..."  But I'd take a flamethrower to the federal budget.  No "surgical cuts," no "drastic measures," oh, we're talking cuts of Biblical proportions...   Any office that wasn't specifically allowed for in the constitution?  Gone.  Any spending that wasn't specifically allowed for in the constitution?   Gone.  My goal would NOT be to balance the budget.  My goal would be to get this country completely out of debt in 4 years, provided the congress critters didn't impeach me first.  Somewhere in there the current tax code would get completely scrapped and replaced with a flat tax.  No one is exempt from it.  Not churches, not schools, not non profits, no one.  Probably something like a 10% flat tax.   No loopholes, no tax shelters, if you earn money in this country, it's taxable.  No sending it overseas to avoid it. 

This would of course send everyone into a complete and utter frothing rage.... 

Granted, it'll never happen....

But one can dream....
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 06:01:14 PM by AmbulanceDriver »

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

erictank

• friends
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 06:00:49 PM »
Is driving off a cliff at 50mph better than driving off a cliff at 100 mph ???

Cheer up - I don't think the USSA is going to make it to 2022  :lol:

I don't think the velocity differential is quite that large, myself, but yeah, that's the general gist.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 06:07:08 PM »
This thread brought to you today by the letter "F".

jim
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 06:21:58 PM »

jim

No, I'm thinking more along a word that begins with that letter, but....

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 06:50:37 PM »
On one hand I feel for ya. I also don't want a gov't with so much power, so much corruption, so much money and debt.

On the other hand, I think you make the problem insurmountable with such exaggeration.
The debt does not have to be erased in 4yrs, the budget does not have to be perfectly balanced to put this country on firm financial footing. As long as the debt grows slower than the economy (over rolling 10yr periods), the debt becomes a non-issue.

Going for an absolute solvency immediately makes the problem so difficult that it takes extreme measures. It is a hollow and useless position that will never win the public.
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2012, 06:59:17 PM »
drew, as I said, a man can dream.   However, getting gov't to stop stealing from generations down the line to the tune of 3.1T, or even worse, 6.4T over the course of the next 10 years has got to be a priority.  I know there's not much hope of seeing this country even out of deficit spending in my lifedtime, and I'm only in my mid 30's, but dagnabit, something has *got* to change.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2012, 08:14:37 PM »
Actually, this thread is brought to you buy the letter G, for Jesus Christ, are you kidding me?

I have also been on the 'disgusted by all politicians train' for some time now.

Strip away the party designations, and all we have left are arrogant, power-hungry, selfish little trolls who are starving for power that they will squander when making senseless and stupid decisions..
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2012, 09:26:29 PM »

jim
And the word "Derp", "dumbass" and "moron" .
All spectacularly demonstrated by our illustrious elected overlords.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2012, 10:18:48 PM »
I heard a radio guy comment today that the reason the establishment Republicans fear the Tea Party and don't like them is because they seem to have an equal amount of energy for opposing establishment Repub candidates as they do opposing Democrats.  This is a very good example for why. 

If you don't like Romney and don't want to vote for him, fine.  Please look at your Senatorial and House elections and see if anyone is worth voting for there.  It is the Congress that will have more impact on this and that will only happen if we kick out the people doing this stuff.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2012, 12:39:08 PM »
I heard a radio guy comment today that the reason the establishment Republicans fear the Tea Party and don't like them is because they seem to have an equal amount of energy for opposing establishment Repub candidates as they do opposing Democrats. 
Paging Dick Lugar . . . Paging Bob Bennett . . . Paging RINOs of every stripe . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain