Author Topic: WikiLeaks cables: Jihad? Sorry, I don't want to miss Desperate Housewives  (Read 690 times)

MicroBalrog

• friend
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/dec/07/wikileaks-cables-letterman-housewives-saudi

Western capitalism: so superior merely being exposed to it on television makes people give up their random crappy violent ideologies.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: WikiLeaks cables: Jihad? Sorry, I don't want to miss Desperate Housewives
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 02:17:11 AM »
I think some of our television being imposed on foreign countries could be considered an act of war
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 08:03:16 AM »
I think some of our television being imposed on foreign countries could be considered an act of war

The most heinous thing going on at Gitmo is that they make them watch Dancing With the Stars.  When I found that out, I gave thousands to Amnesty International.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 10:56:13 AM »
Well, they don't call us The Great Satan for nothing... "Here, Abdul el-Kaboomie. Have a bite of the apple."
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.