Author Topic: So telling active-duty troops not to have sex could possibly work better  (Read 5324 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

dogmush

• friend
Re: So telling active-duty troops not to have sex could possibly work better
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 10:37:17 AM »
Bullshit.

Access to care and contraceptives, for both males and females, is outstandingly easy deployed.  Not only are there Troop medical clinics in most FOB's that will hand out condoms and an entire aisle in AAFES devoted to it, every female soldier deploying is offered long lasting contraceptives prior to deployment.  If they are Reservists or NG they get Tri-Care coverage early enough they could get it for free prior to showing up at mob station.

The problem is thinking that a deployment pregnancy is unintended.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 10:50:11 AM »
Access to condoms is a problem where in the first world?

How hard is it to by a box at the grocery store, local pharmacy and throw it in with your gear before deployment?

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 10:54:59 AM »
Want to end the problem?

If you get pregnant before or while deployed you get dishonorably discharged.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 11:19:52 AM »
Bullshit.

Access to care and contraceptives, for both males and females, is outstandingly easy deployed.  Not only are there Troop medical clinics in most FOB's that will hand out condoms and an entire aisle in AAFES devoted to it, every female soldier deploying is offered long lasting contraceptives prior to deployment.  If they are Reservists or NG they get Tri-Care coverage early enough they could get it for free prior to showing up at mob station.

What he said.

I was on active duty (Navy) when women were first being assigned to ships and deploying squadrons. When a pregnancy would result in not going on deployment or going home early it was a option many female sailors used. In 1991 the USS Acadia returned from deployment missing 36 female sailors, they had been removed from the ship due to pregnancy. I would expect the same mindset exits in today's Armed Forces, if you don't like your assignment and have an easy out just keep spreading your legs until you hit the baby jackpot and get sent home.

bob

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2018, 11:21:30 AM »

That plus

If you get pregnant before or while deployed you get dishonorably discharged without benefits.

Might work.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2018, 11:27:13 AM »
What he said.

I was on active duty (Navy) when women were first being assigned to ships and deploying squadrons. When a pregnancy would result in not going on deployment or going home early it was a option many female sailors used. In 1991 the USS Acadia returned from deployment missing 36 female sailors, they had been removed from the ship due to pregnancy. I would expect the same mindset exits in today's Armed Forces, if you don't like your assignment and have an easy out just keep spreading your legs until you hit the baby jackpot and get sent home.

bob

At the risk of thread drift and a possible volatile subject, I almost see that as similar to "abortion as convenient birth control". Using a child, whether aborting it or having it, to simply make some part of your life conveniently easier, is deplorable, IMO.

I wonder how some of these "get out of deployment free" kids turn out, raised by parents that had them simply to get out of an obligation they voluntarily signed up for?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
At the risk of thread drift and a possible volatile subject, I almost see that as similar to "abortion as convenient birth control". Using a child, whether aborting it or having it, to simply make some part of your life conveniently easier, is deplorable, IMO.

I wonder how some of these "get out of deployment free" kids turn out, raised by parents that had them simply to get out of an obligation they voluntarily signed up for?
You're assuming no abortion post ticket home.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2018, 01:33:13 PM »
It generally took a few months to process them out, since most states limit   by t he tieabortion to the first trimester, the abortion option is generally closed by the time they get home.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2018, 01:36:34 PM »
It generally took a few months to process them out, since most states limit   by t he tieabortion to the first trimester, the abortion option is generally closed by the time they get home.

Plus neither the military or VA provide or pay for abortion services.  I think that is probably not really a bar for someone on active duty, who can presumably afford to pay for one.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2018, 01:52:05 PM »
Yep, no costs whatsoever to incorporating women into the Armed Forces.

Let's keep pushing the social engineering, since it's already working so well.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2018, 01:59:50 PM »
The absolute worst thing about women getting pregnant on deployment or into 3rd trimester so they could stay home was they were not replaced. Their billet stayed unfilled, causing more work for the ones left behind and when you are already talking being undermanned it just increases the stress on the sailors still onboard trying to do their job and the missing sailor's job. I was and am not a fan of having women in deploying billets just because of that. Of course at this point in time I am probably considered 'old Navy". I have been retired longer than I did active duty now so things could possibly be different.

bob

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2018, 02:26:47 PM »

Might work.

Yea, I’m well outside my domain of knowledge so I probably should have just left it at discharged. I’m not sure what all the ramifications are of the various ways of being disconnected.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2018, 02:35:48 PM »
https://popularmilitary.com/instructors-claim-first-female-enlisted-earn-ranger-tab-actually-quit-given-special-treatment/?utm_source=11%20Bravos

How timely that this came it today, too:

Earlier this year, a female candidate was dropped after it was discovered that she was pregnant with the child of one of her fellow Ranger School students.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2018, 02:58:45 PM »
Rangers lead the way!
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2018, 07:00:41 PM »
Yea, I’m well outside my domain of knowledge so I probably should have just left it at discharged. I’m not sure what all the ramifications are of the various ways of being disconnected.

They vary: https://www.lawyers.com/legal-info/labor-employment-law/discharges-and-their-effect-on-veteran-benefits.html
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2018, 08:44:15 PM »
Rangers lead the way!
In going all the way?

Pb

• friend
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2018, 10:56:44 AM »
Get all women out of every combat position.  Move them to support positions only. 

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2018, 10:59:10 AM »
Get all women out of every combat position.  Move them to support positions only. 

This wouldn't change a thing in the OP. Soldiers bang each other in support positions too.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2018, 11:09:22 AM »

Uh, phrasing?

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2018, 01:25:29 PM »
Want to end the problem?

And watch the rape accusations fly.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2018, 01:41:43 PM »
Want to end the problem?

Yeah, just nope. This is a dumb idea.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2018, 02:55:11 PM »
I love how you guys think the only way to solve this is to kick woman out of deployment.

Mandatory IUDs for deployment would solve the issue, regardless of the intentions of the woman.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2018, 03:57:56 PM »
Mandatory IUDs for deployment would solve the issue, regardless of the intentions of the woman.

THAT would be an amazing PR move. Mandatory medical procedure with a risk of sterility.

No, the answer is to do exactly what we do currently.  Train and deploy the soldiers we have. There are some medical conditions that make you non deployable (for men and women). You test for those pre deployment,  and if a soldier gets a non-deployable condition while deployed you re-deploy them. It's not that big a deal, except to social engineering grad students and feminists with an article to write.

Yes it sucks when a soldier gets pregnant and redeploys early,  because you have to cover down on their job. As you do when a soldier gets sleep apnea, hurts their knee, get's diagnosed with high blood pressure, or any of the literally two pages* of conditions that makes some one non-deployable.

We do have some issues integrating females, and some of them are self inflicted,  but a rash of pregnancies isn't one of them, even malingering pregnancies.

*And the two pages is just for CENTCOM. Every AOR has their own list of things they won't allow.

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2018, 06:24:26 PM »
Want to end the problem?

DD can only be awarded by a General Court Martial.  DD's are usually awarded for things like desertion or murder and you lose your rights just like any other felon.  Is that the route we want to take for doing what people do?