Author Topic: TSA Possibly going Union  (Read 4523 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
TSA Possibly going Union
« on: January 24, 2011, 07:13:15 PM »
Are you freaking kidding me?????????????????????

As a government employee, I am 100% against any type of union representation for any government employee. You work for the freaking government -- with all your job protections, you're already basically in a freaking union. And now TSA may go union? Simply ridiculous.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/01/24/tsa-screeners-set-choose-union-following-public-sector-trend/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Lennyjoe

• friend
Re: TSA Possibly going Union
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 08:18:22 PM »
My son is TSA and he voted against it.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 09:09:33 PM »
Good for him! I hope he doesn't have to take too much flak for it. :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 10:31:20 PM »
I have to admit it seems like a good idea of ban unions for any public employees.  Or at least ban them from forming a union or employee organization for the purpose of collective bargaining. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 10:45:10 PM »
Can we just ban all unions?

Oh well, at least TSA service will improve now.  :P
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 10:49:20 PM »
Maybe this is a good thing.

Maybe they'll all strike. >:D
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 05:52:44 AM »
Great. Now they'll get to screw the public over outside the airport.
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2011, 11:22:50 AM »
How is this a surprise?

They'll probably morph into an armed Federal security force eventually.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

P5 Guy

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 12:10:16 PM »
Organized TSA sounds like a great idea. When they go on strike the president can fire them all. Like Reagan did to PATCO.
Didn't airport security used to be done by the private sector before GWB brought them into the government after September 11th 2001?

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011, 12:19:34 PM »
Organized TSA sounds like a great idea. When they go on strike the president can fire them all. Like Reagan did to PATCO.
Didn't airport security used to be done by the private sector before GWB brought them into the government after September 11th 2001?

Airports can still opt for privately run security as long as they follow TSA procedures.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

StopTheGrays

• friend
  • bah...
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2011, 01:08:08 PM »
When it was created it was forbidden from unionizing. WTF?   :mad:
Does any image illustrate so neatly the wrongheadedness of the Obama administration than Americans scrambling in terror from Air Force One?
Just great…Chicago politics has spread to all 57 states.
They told me if I voted for John McCain, my country would look like it is run by people with a disturbing affinity towards fascism. And they were right!

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2011, 11:19:46 PM »
Great so we still have the same group on inept retards that were supposed to think will keep us safe, but now we can't even fire them.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2011, 10:54:46 AM »
Looks like they were approved, minus the right to strike. Interesting that one of the quotes mentions "they now have the same rights as other govt employees". AFAIK, they already had the same rights as other govt employees. Most of us are not in unions.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/02/04/feds-grant-union-rights-airport-screeners/?test=latestnews

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2011, 09:46:07 PM »
The deal prohibits negotiating on issues that might affect security, the deployment of security personnel, job qualifications, testing or discipline. It also bars any work slowdowns.

"Work slowdowns?"  How much slower can they get without actually ceasing the movement of their electrons?