Author Topic: Josie the dog  (Read 3613 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Josie the dog
« on: March 26, 2018, 01:07:16 AM »

Josie is a lab mix we adopted from a shelter, right after Thanksgiving. She was about 2 months old at the time.

She has gobs of energy, but after a few hours, she needs a  nap.

She's about 6 months old right now.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
Re: Josie the dog
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 04:54:05 AM »
Welcome, Josie!  =) Congratulations, Fistful.
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 07:08:00 AM »
Uhm... wait...

You adopted her around Thanksgiving, but these are the first pictures you're sharing?

You bastard!

But congratulations on the new pup!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2018, 07:54:15 AM »
Uhm... wait...

You adopted her around Thanksgiving, but these are the first pictures you're sharing?

You bastard!

But congratulations on the new pup!

This 👆
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2018, 09:48:05 AM »
It's about time for the dang photos. Cool dog, bro.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2018, 10:11:15 AM »
Nice looking pooch, fistful.  Thanks for sharing the pics, late as they are.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2018, 10:43:05 AM »
Awwwwww....  =D

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2018, 10:45:00 AM »
We didn't want to share any photos until she was old enough to get her rabies shot. You can never be too careful!

Calumus

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2018, 11:02:52 AM »
Congrats man. She's a good looking pup, and it looks like she's getting into that gangly phase where she'll be tripping over her own feet all the time.   :laugh:

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2018, 11:08:26 AM »
Congrats man. She's a good looking pup, and it looks like she's getting into that gangly phase where she'll be tripping over her own feet all the time.   :laugh:

There's something about a dog having those comically spindly legs that just cracks me right up. I kinda want a Doberman for that reason.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2018, 12:07:23 PM »
We didn't want to share any photos until she was old enough to get her rabies shot. You can never be too careful!

OK, you know what?

That I get.

I steadfastly refused to share Seren's name with anyone until A) she was born, and B) it was clear she had a really good chance of making it through the first couple of weeks.

That's actually not at all an uncommon... superstition... in the area of Pennsylvania where I grew up.

You don't share the baby's name with anyone lest the Devil be able to find her and take her. Once she's strong enough to fight the Devil off on her own, then you can share her name.

I know I had a couple of people who didn't get that very frustrated with me when I wouldn't share Seren's name with them.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2018, 12:12:57 PM »
Oh, wow. I was just joking about transmitting rabies through the internet.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2018, 12:28:41 PM »
Not what I thought you meant. I thought you were talking about you being worried about giving her rabies through casual petting...

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2018, 01:52:37 PM »
Not what I thought you meant. I thought you were talking about you being worried about giving her rabies through casual petting...
I doubt he could give his dog rabies just through petting. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2018, 02:07:00 PM »
I doubt he could give his dog rabies just through petting. 

I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2018, 02:09:49 PM »

Heavy petting, maybe   >:D

Good job taking pix (it's hard to photograph a black animal) I gave up trying to get any of Shadow.  I should try it again with the good camera...
"It's good, though..."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2018, 02:28:23 PM »
Good job taking pix

Words I never thought I'd hear from any one. Not one of my strengths. Then again, what is?

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2018, 03:06:31 PM »

Words I never thought I'd hear from any one. Not one of my strengths. Then again, what is?

Taking blame.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2018, 03:21:41 PM »
Getting any kind of pic of a black dog is a challenge. Labs are great dogs, smart, affectionate, even protective of family at times. But they stay puppies for like 9 years.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2018, 04:35:48 PM »
Photographing Leonbergers is a REAL challenge because they tend to have very dark masks.

The best way to do it I've found is to get them outside, like on the north side of a house where there's no direct sunlight to interfere with the exposure and take a LOT of different shots at different exposures.

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2018, 05:12:07 PM »
We had a beautiful female black lab. Every pic of her just looked like a dog-shaped hole in the background.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2018, 02:19:55 PM »
So, yeah, she's cute. But how do we get her to stop chewing everything, especially our hands? And my wife's hair? The silly thing even nibbles on my ear lobes.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2018, 02:24:28 PM »
So, yeah, she's cute. But how do we get her to stop chewing everything, especially our hands? And my wife's hair? The silly thing even nibbles on my ear lobes.

6 month old lab (mix).  Give her lots to chew on, redirect the chewing to appropriate chew toys followed by lots of praise, and you have to wear her out with regular exercise. 
Now shut up and post more puppy pics.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Pb

• friend
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2018, 02:26:06 PM »
Lovely dog!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2018, 02:27:57 PM »

They have stuff you can paint on things to make them less appetizing for pups to teethe on, but I doubt your wife will want to wash her hair with it. Chewing is normal puppy activity. When I was in the 6th grade, I had to buy the school a new math book because our new German Shepherd pup chewed the corner off mine -- which was new that year.

You just have to wait it out. Buy her some rawhide chewie toys and train her to gnaw on those.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design