Author Topic: The RIFLE Act  (Read 21 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
The RIFLE Act
« on: Today at 08:50:52 PM »
https://www.ammoland.com/2024/05/republicans-announce-rifle-act-to-eliminate-nfa-tax/

U.S. Senator Tom Cotton (R-Arkansas) and a dozen of his Senate Republican colleagues have introduced legislation to eliminate the $200 tax imposed by the government since 1934 on firearms and suppressors (silencers) regulated by the National Firearms Act (NFA).

The legislation is known as the Repealing Illegal Freedom and Liberty Excises (RIFLE) Act.

Joining Cotton as co-sponsors are fellow Republican Senators Marco Rubio and Rick Scott (Florida), Roger Marshall (Kansas), Steve Daines (Montana), Deb Fischer and Pete Ricketts (Nebraska), Kevin Cramer (North Dakota), Markwayne Mullin (Oklahoma), Marsha Blackburn (Tennessee), John Cornyn (Texas), and John Barrasso and Cynthia Lummis (Wyoming). Republican Congresswoman Ashley Hinson of Iowa has introduced companion legislation in the House, Cotton’s office noted in a release.

My take: good idea, which means it has a snowball's chance in hell of passing.  But I would like to at least see it come up for a vote just to see who votes against.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: The RIFLE Act
« Reply #1 on: Today at 09:16:12 PM »
They always introduce *expletive deleted*it when it doesn’t have a chance of passing but sit on their hands when they control everything

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

dogmush

• friend
Re: The RIFLE Act
« Reply #2 on: Today at 09:18:12 PM »
Eliminate the tax, but still require registration?

A step in the right direction, I guess. Probably makes it more likely to pass since it includes extra background checks, fingerprints,  and registration.