Author Topic: Cindy Sheehan at it again  (Read 5376 times)

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
Cindy Sheehan at it again
« on: January 17, 2010, 12:26:36 AM »
Poor woman, she just can't seem to move on with her life.

I find it particularly odd that she has a problem with using unmanned drones.  Would she rather we risk the lives of infantrymen instead, risk the lives of other families' sons and daughters?

And why isn't Barry O on the receiving end of her wrath?  He's the leading force behind the use of drones these days, not to mention he's the current CiC responsible for all military operations these days.  What on earth can protesting in front of Dick Cheney's house accomplish any more?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_cia_protest

Cindy Sheehan leads protest at CIA, Cheney's house
AP

Activist Cindy Sheehan walks with participants in an anti-war protest that she AP – Activist Cindy Sheehan walks with participants in an anti-war protest that she organized outside of CIA …
Sat Jan 16, 8:06 pm ET

LANGLEY, Va. – A group led by anti-war activist Cindy Sheehan has protested near the CIA's headquarters and former Vice President Dick Cheney's home in northern Virginia.

They were protesting the use of unmanned drone aircraft to attack al-Qaida and Taliban targets.

The group of about 70 people rallied alongside a highway near the CIA compound Saturday. About half then marched to Cheney's nearby street and stayed for 20 minutes. Police kept them from going down his street.

Sheehan's 21-year-old son Casey was killed in Iraq in April 2004. She staged a prolonged demonstration outside former President George W. Bush's ranch near Crawford, Texas, in 2005.

She says using drones is "cowardly" and "immoral."
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 12:32:24 AM by Headless Thompson Gunner »

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Re: Cindy Sheehan at it again
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 12:31:13 AM »
HTG, you surprise me. Don't you know that, if we don't annoy terrorists, they'll leave us alone?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 01:34:26 AM »

Limelitez.  She needs it. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 01:48:07 AM »
Initially, I understood her actions were steeped with the pain of loss. That said, if I ever died in combat I hope there is an afterlife because I want a chance to come back and bitchslap my mom when she started acting stupid. Sheehan disgraced her son, who volunteered, by dragging him around for her own cause. He went out in the world and did what he felt was best for him. This long ago stopped being about her son. Pitiful.

AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 03:54:25 AM »
When will this woman's fifteen minutes finally be up?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 05:42:03 AM »
Hey, youse guys! It may not be an exciting and fun-filled job, but somebody's got to uphold the Democratic [sic] party's moral and intellectual standards.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2010, 07:06:23 AM »
"Sheehan disgraced her son,..."

Nothing anyone does can disgrace the actions of a man who was willing to lay his life down in the defense of others.  Cindy Sheehan disgraces herself not her son.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2010, 08:06:21 AM »

Then she should gear up and go out on the mission herself.
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2010, 08:59:36 AM »
On one of the talk shows BarryO was credited with using drones twice as much as the Bush administration in just his first year in office.

Tapdancing around blaming Obama for his policies is no different than the Bush supporters during the last couple years who just wouldn't admit that he was leading us down the wrong path as well.  Both sides have 'those people' who can't admit when their guy is doing something wrong (not saying the drone attacks are wrong, I think they're awesome  :cool:
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2010, 12:07:21 PM »
On one of the talk shows BarryO was credited with using drones twice as much as the Bush administration in just his first year in office.

This.

I was driving back from an out of town meeting a few weeks ago with my liberal boss, who made me listen to NPR the whole time. They did an hour show on how evil the drone attacks are, yet didn't mention Obama once. It was all the doings of the Bush Administration. Same logic I suppose, as Cindy Sheehan demonstrating outside of an ex-Vice President's house.  ;/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2010, 08:01:53 PM »
"Sheehan disgraced her son,..."

Nothing anyone does can disgrace the actions of a man who was willing to lay his life down in the defense of others.  Cindy Sheehan disgraces herself not her son.

Disagree. Perhaps better said that she disgraces his memory. He made his own choices, but the core of her argument is that he was just a poor innocent rube caught up in an evil war machine. That kinda diminishes his stature.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2010, 10:37:01 PM »
That kinda diminishes his stature.
It only diminishes his stature among leftie fool types who believe that serving your country is dumb.  And among those types, Casey Sheehan never had any stature or respect to begin with.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2010, 05:35:56 PM »
While I am far from a Cindy supporter, I do know someone who is.
 He talks to her on facebook, she has been trashing B.O about healthcare and the current
war.  I doubt the mainstream media would report it, the article said  "About half then marched to Cheney's nearby street and stayed for 20 minutes. Police kept them from going down his street."

Implying that Cindy was with them, just like they imply AR15's are assault rifles. ( IDK or really care if she was or wasn't though )

She, like the rest of the liberal left, still blame G.W for everything, but at least she is waking up
to the fact that the DNC threw her under the bus now that they got their guy in.

Her criticism of obamacare and his war go unreported by a compliant media.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

FloridaEllie

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2010, 08:18:12 PM »
What year was this article written?  January 16 2010 or 2008?  Why is she protesting Dick Cheney.  Isn't he out of office?  What can he really do now?  I don't think obama would listen to him if he told Obama to stop using drones. 

HankB

• friend
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2010, 12:26:26 PM »
While I am far from a Cindy supporter, I do know someone who is. He talks to her on facebook, she has been trashing B.O about healthcare . . .
Let me guess - she thinks Obamacare doesn't go far enough, right?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2010, 01:25:50 PM »
What year was this article written?  January 16 2010 or 2008?  Why is she protesting Dick Cheney.  Isn't he out of office?  What can he really do now?  I don't think obama would listen to him if he told Obama to stop using drones. 

Jan 18th 2008 was a Friday.  =|

Not sure how Cheney factors into this, either...
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2010, 05:03:26 AM »

And yet she doesn't mind using her own unintelligent drones in these protests.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2010, 04:41:14 PM »
Actually, I'm beginning to feel sorry for her . . . I think the loss of her son unhinged her and she's simply become irrational. If any of the leftists she hangs out with had an ounce of decency they'd see to it that she got help, rather than just using her as a figurehead.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2010, 08:45:14 PM »
Let me guess - she thinks Obamacare doesn't go far enough, right?

She disagrees ( so I'm told ) with ppl being arrested for not having insurance ( darn radicals! hmmph! )
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2010, 08:47:23 PM »
Jan 18th 2008 was a Friday.  =|

Not sure how Cheney factors into this, either...

will one of you guys please tell me where in the article it clearly states she was protesting in front of V.P Cheney's house? afaik it says "half of them" not specifically Sheehan.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2010, 10:04:45 PM »
It describes the protest group as organized and led by Sheehan.  If she had suddenly stopped leading and organizing before Cheney's house, you'd expect them to point it out in the news article.  It would be a relevant fact, they would state it if it was true (assuming they were even halfway competent journalists).

I know, I know, it's not safe to assume that journalists are halfway competent.  But by Occam's Razor, it's easier to assume that the report is correct than to assume that it's an example of journalistic malfeasance.

Besides, do we have any reason at all to believe the report is faulty and that Sheehan wasn't there?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2010, 12:22:25 AM »
Sheehan (or whoever it was) protesting in front of Cheney's house reminds me of a stark raving nuts talk show host back in 2000.  At the time, the whole nation was counting Floridian chads, and this talk show loon was mighty upset that the Republicans were going to steal the election.  Her theory was that the election had to be rigged, since Bush was the son of the former CIA chief (or the secret police, as she called them).  Never mind that Gore himself (then vice president) also had powerful friends.   ;/
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

The Lone Haranguer

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2010, 06:13:40 PM »

Quote from: Headless Thompson Gunner

Agreed.    IMO she is more to be pitied than condemned.

I find it particularly odd that she has a problem with using unmanned drones.

Tell the enemy to quit using IEDs.   ;/     Drones are at least discriminately targeted, unlike car bombs.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2010, 06:28:15 PM »
IMHO she initially had the moral high ground, and she squandered it cuz she liked all the attention.  Now she's just an embarrassment to herself and the memory of her son.  Sad.
"It's good, though..."