Author Topic: The EPA’s Highest-Paid Employee Pretended To Be A CIA Agent For 12 Years  (Read 956 times)

MechAg94

• friend
http://www.businessinsider.com/epa-employee-as-fake-cia-agent-2013-12

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/12/16/epa-global-warming-expert-and-its-highest-paid-employee-avoided-doing-work-for-13-years-by-pretending-he-was-in-the-cia/

And he was a Global Warming Expert also.  I really doubt my boss would accept "I was recruited by the CIA" as an excuse for running off on trips.  I saw on one article that his wife is politically conneted to some extent and works for the Govt.  How much did she know about this stuff?

On Wednesday the Environmental Protection Agency's highest-paid employee and a leading expert on climate change will be sentenced after pleading guilty in September to pretending to be a CIA spy working in Pakistan, Michael Isikoff of NBC New reports.

Prosecutors argue that John C. Beale, who defrauded the U.S. government out of nearly $900,000 since 2000, committed a "crime of massive proportion" and deserves to go to prison for at least 30 months.

From NBC:

Beale took 33 airplane trips between 2003 and 2011, costing the government $266,190. On 70 percent of those, he traveled first class and stayed at high end hotels, charging more than twice the government’s allowed per diem limit.

I am really thinking the bosses need to be fired also for lack of proper oversight.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Dude flying off and hitting my project budget and/or overhead is going to get checked out.

We are ruled by nitwits.  Evil nitwits.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Evil nitwits.

Graduates of the Evil Nitwit Academy, I presume?

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

roo_ster

• friend
Graduates of the Evil Nitwit Academy, I presume?

Brad

Yep.  ENA is thinking of offering online courses so folks all over the globe can become certified evil nitwits, too.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

SADShooter

• friend
Yep.  ENA is thinking of offering online courses so folks all over the globe can become certified evil nitwits, too.

Wrath of Khan Academy?
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

roo_ster

• friend
Wrath of Khan Academy?

Close.  Wrath of Cant Academy.  (Apostrophe between "n" & "t" optional)
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

MechAg94

• friend
Close.  Wrath of Cant Academy.  (Apostrophe between "n" & "t" optional)
I thought that was only in Aircraft Engineering. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
My only thought is this guy must have had some political connections.  Otherwise, I don't see how this got past the first year, must less 12. 

Either way, it is still not as big a fraud as Globular Warming itself.

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
I must use this plan. I've felt overworked the last 11 months, and need to take a good 12yr vacation. I'll just say the NSA needed me.