Author Topic: New UN General Assembly is already thinking up new global taxes  (Read 2326 times)

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
New UN General Assembly is already thinking up new global taxes
« on: September 28, 2012, 11:32:53 AM »
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/09/27/as-un-opens-its-general-assembly-session-it-is-already-thinking-up-new-global/

A 1 percent tax on billionaires around the world.  A tax on all currency trading in the U.S. dollar, the euro, the Japanese yen and the British pound sterling.   Another  “tiny”  tax on all financial transactions, including stock and bond trading, and trading in financial derivatives.  New taxes on carbon emissions and on airline tickets.  A royalty on all undersea mineral resources extracted more than 100 miles offshore of any nation’s territory.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/09/27/as-un-opens-its-general-assembly-session-it-is-already-thinking-up-new-global/#ixzz27mLd5YHB

Read more at the link
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: New UN General Assembly is already thinking up new global taxes
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 11:34:57 AM »
 :facepalm:   Time to buy more ammunition .... AGAIN!!!! :mad:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

brimic

• friends
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 11:50:21 AM »
A 1 percent tax on billionaires around the world.
That's as far as I read.
Its ok, after hyperinflation hits, we'll all be billionaires- just as planned.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 12:05:26 PM »
I am surprised they didn't just suggest a 1% tax on internationally traded guns and ammunition.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 12:13:18 PM »
In some of Tom Kratman's books (I think he is the author), the beginning of UN domination as a world govt was them getting control of independent tax revenue and funding. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 12:17:12 PM »
I just don't see the future model for this planet being a global government. Not that the usual suspects won't try their damnedest.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 03:02:53 PM »
I just don't see the future model for this planet being a global government. Not that the usual suspects won't try their damnedest.
I agree.  I just think the attempt would be pretty messy.

Lee

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 10:50:28 PM »
The UN is the Lindsay Lohan of organizations.  They have to do, or say, something really stupid once in a while so people don't forget they exist. 

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2012, 08:21:39 AM »
I agree.  I just think the attempt would be pretty messy.

It always has been in the past but the current crop of world leaders don't seem to have much interest in all that history stuff.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2012, 08:36:52 AM »
The UN wants their own funding sources.  Just what we need... another layer of taxes....  local/city, county/parish, state, US Federal, and now UN....  Yeah, I sure want that... 
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2012, 04:11:02 PM »
And how exactly do they intend to collect them? There seems to be a gap in this plan.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2012, 11:48:50 PM »
Global busy-bodies want to tax everything. How is this news?  ???
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2012, 12:17:29 AM »
No. Next issue?
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2012, 09:34:57 PM »
The UN needs money for the One World Government that will rise up from the dust of Western nations when they crumble into chaos as a result of debt, unemployment, and a perceived lack of a "future" by the young.  Of course, China might have something to say about this as would the US people.  If something did happen here, the impovished would welcome the handouts with open arms, and then promptly send them packing just like Lybia, Iraq, Afghanastan, and Egypt.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

HankB

• friend
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2012, 10:06:39 PM »
And how exactly do they intend to collect them? There seems to be a gap in this plan.
They expect the governments of the member states to do their dirty work for them . . . does anyone doubt Obama would oblige, if he could find a means to get away with it? Even as I write this, there are reports that Obama wants to send $45,000,000 to Libya and $450,000,000 to Egypt; considering recent events, I don't see him thinking twice about funding anyone who means us ill.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2012, 07:45:36 PM »
I am surprised they didn't just suggest a 1% tax on internationally traded guns and ammunition.

Because they want to destroy said trade.
Look, tiny text!

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2012, 07:48:58 PM »
Because they want to destroy said trade.

In that case, why not just move the decimal several places to the right and still try to tax it?